Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1549

Thread: AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    You're welcome Jersey Girl. Sadly, I don't think any of them are falsely accused. LE's been working on this for months. I don't doubt the family is having a terrible time accepting the charges. It's all so horrible.

moo
    It's so sad. Maybe it's the optimist in me that is questioning it all. Idk. It just seems like a lot, too much at once. If this is as huge as the media & le portrays it to be, then how can le still insist its not related to Brittney's disappearance?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Could someone please take screen shots of these comments on facebook? I have a feeling it will all go "poof" real quick.

I assume LE is reading there and taking notes.

It's all so twisted.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Could someone please take screen shots of these comments on facebook? I have a feeling it will all go "poof" real quick.

I assume LE is reading there and taking notes.

It's all so twisted.
    I am. But it's hard to keep up with all the comments on this forum and comments on there too.

And my husband thinks I am going somewhere with him early tomorrow morning. NO WAY!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    OMG! Now another female family member is posting!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News/p...67419950026049

I was waiting for drugs to come up.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

The gal who posted who the victim was... is she related?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs.g For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.g View Post
    The gal who posted who the victim was... is she related?
    She is BW's step-fatherss niece. (according to his facebook family friends)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buggsmom For This Useful Post:

Goodnight everyone. I'm putting on a funny kids show bc this crap is just too heavy to fall asleep to. Xox & prayers being sent out.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

I keep checking the Baldwin County Jail...waiting for the next arrest.
    Chatty

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChattyWoman For This Useful Post:

Me too. I also find it hard to believe that there have been NO bookings in Baldwin County in the past 24 hours, on a Sunday night. I wonder if they're holding off on posting them for some reason..

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lovemyhuskies For This Useful Post:

The most idiotic comment was "none of our family does drugs". Well I hate to be the one to tell her but DW has had numerous arrest for drugs and I believe the younger brother is in juvie, right now for drugs. If you are trying to make a case for a family member's innocence, it sure doesn't help much if you outright lie.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Angelonline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelonline View Post
    The most idiotic comment was "none of our family does drugs". Well I hate to be the one to tell her but DW has had numerous arrest for drugs and I believe the younger brother is in juvie, right now for drugs. If you are trying to make a case for a family member's innocence, it sure doesn't help much if you outright lie.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where she was coming from with that. It doesn't really take an insider to know that there is some serious drug use going on in this family. It's one thing to turn your head but it's another thing to just come right out and make statements like that when all signs point in a different direction.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lovemyhuskies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyhuskies View Post
    Me too. I also find it hard to believe that there have been NO bookings in Baldwin County in the past 24 hours, on a Sunday night. I wonder if they're holding off on posting them for some reason..
    I checked and saw bookings for 7/15/12.
    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MotherOcean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    I checked and saw bookings for 7/15/12.
    Thanks! I went back and manually searched and got results, I'm just used to them showing up as soon as I access the site on the front page.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovemyhuskies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyhuskies View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure where she was coming from with that. It doesn't really take an insider to know that there is some serious drug use going on in this family. It's one thing to turn your head but it's another thing to just come right out and make statements like that when all signs point in a different direction.
    For me it makes her whole "he is innocent speech" seem less than credible.

Also, didn't we have a link to the incest laws earlier that said they could not make an arrest on the word of the victim alone? That there had to be additional evidence? In addition the fact that LE notes there are multiple victims certainly means they probably have a strong case, but it also makes me very sad for all of these young people.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angelonline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    Tillman's Corner (where BW disappeared from) is not some small little isolated town. It's smallish compared to others, I guess, but it's surrounded by other towns and is not sparsely populated. The arrests are occurring in a totally different county than where the perps. live. Whatever event occurred that led to the allegations (possibly more than one event, we don't know yet) occurred in Baldwin County but the men live in Mobile County. These aren't some small little backwoods towns (not that I'm saying you think that... but some do). Actually, we have a growing economy and a growing population during a time when a lot of areas are experiencing a repressed economy. We have a lot of tourists here, many transplants from other areas of the country. Actually quite an international population. I'm just sharing this so you'll know that whatever has happened in this family is not necessarily known by or representative of the towns they live in. DH lived in Baldwin County. BW's brother is listed as homeless but I guess we could say he is from Tillman's Corner. One of the uncles is a resident of a community in North Mobile, Tillman's Corner is in south Mobile County.
    I haven't been able to check WS for a few days, and I am of course just as overwhelmed as everyone else concerning the new arrest. I am also of course shocked by all the FB comments on FOX's page! Especially, WWH! I mean wow. And the others are just as unnerving. It's so frustrating to see this because it just shows how some connected to the case are lacking sound decision making skills. Some of these individuals (including WWH) are posting without any regard to how their comments could adversely impact the number of people searching for BW. However, for me personally, I want to help even more because it shows just how much potential danger / poor circumstances she was exposed to.

Also, thank you MotherOcean for describing the area to outsiders. Although what I've read on WS has been respectful (from what I can remember at least, there are many posts!) I have read some blogs on other pages that painted our part of the country as anything but the truth. One of the main industries in the Mobile area is tourism, as there are beautiful beaches there, along with a large commercial cruise port. And there is a diverse population, along with museums, universities, etc... I am reiterating this point not just to agree that many stereotypes are false, but to illustrate why this case ( and the related arrests) are so alarming. Even though some in BW family make it seem otherwise, Mobile is an area that is home to educated people, people with money, people with connections, and yet no one seems to know what happened to BW. Many also seemed shocked by the other family charges. It shows this stuff can happen and does happen anywhere, which is why it's so important to be active in your community and know your neighbors!!! I know we are each responsible for our own actions, but I just want to remind everyone to be alert and do not just assume appearance is reality. Hope for the best, but as my Dad likes to say, "always be on the lookout" ... So let's keep being on the lookout for Miss BW and all others like her.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BamaMagnolia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelonline View Post
    I read that comment as referring to the H family, not the Wood family. It seemed that way because she was responding to a comment that was made directly about her. I think that's what she was saying, but it could be that she was including the Wood family in that, too. I just didn't originally read it that way.

I think that part of the problem with this girl believing the charges is that she appears to despise WWH and isn't very fond of MWK, either. Before FB pages became private, she lashed out at both WWH and MWK and basically accused them of covering up the circumstances of BW's disappearance. If you believe that someone is covering up a potential homicide and lying to family and law enforcement, I can see why you might doubt any information that came out of that camp. She obviously doesn't have access to all of the information that law enforcement has, so I think that her response is based completely on emotion.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Analyze This For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I cant believe she said all that and then goes on to say she had the best mom in the world but was raped for 9 yrs! What is going on!
    Her mother may not have had any idea that she was being molested. We don't know the facts of that situation or how her mom responded when or if she found out about the abuse. There are plenty of wonderful moms out there that have children that were abused. In many of those cases, the abuse lasted for a significant period of time. Whatever happened, this girl is clearly hurting and lashing out at the world in her own way.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Analyze This For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Brittney's dad's posts on this page are literally making me cry. Jesus gosh...He said the police told them Derek is a victim as well and need lots of love as he's going to need it.
    I had to walk away after reading that because it was too horrible to even think about. One victim is bad enough, but now we have multiples and one of the accused, who is also a victim? I was just sick thinking about what the circumstances of that situation could be.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Analyze This For This Useful Post:

Im sorry the more i read about this the angrier i get!

Is the father of Brit the father of her brother?
    Yes
    https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News/p...83682945019729
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by ChattyWoman View Post
    TY!

My TY icon doesnt work!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

I believe that BW's brother could be a perp and a victim. If this has been going on for years it's possible that he was forced to do things to children at the hands of the adults. Brittney could be the same. Both a perp and a victim.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...-investigation

Cause and effect? Is Brittney Woods missing as a direct result of this investigation ?

She is not a victim in the states case ,that does not mean she is not a victim. I would like to know if those being investigated know which victim inspired the investigation or if anyone of the accused assumed it to be Brittney?

How would Brittney fit into the group if she wasnt a victim and why would she need to disapear ? Did she act as a lure for victims? Is Brittney a suspect in the case?
    Good questions. I can't understand why law enforcement wouldn't consider BW a potential victim, especially given this latest arrest. The incest charge against DW makes the potential victim's list very small. I am wondering if the family has been told the name of the victim that came forward or if they are making assumptions about who that person actually is based on the earlier reports regarding DH.

Also, we have been told that BW got into some trouble with law enforcement in the weeks before she went missing, but no charges were officially filed. Did she point law enforcement in the right direction in exchange for immunity?

There just appears to be some missing pieces here. I am afraid to have the rest of the story unfold because it is already so hideous.

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Analyze This For This Useful Post:

To me DH committing suicide is basically an admission of guilt. Brittney and DH were close according to all accounts correct? It sounds like he may have been one of the main players in this 'ring' if not THE main player. If he and Brittney were close, I don't see how she could have not been involved or not had knowledge of it. Add drugs/a drug habit to that and anything is possible. Did Brittney work? How did she have money to buy drugs?

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

I agree I think that is exactly what happened!
    I think she was at the truck stop and transportation was arraged for her.
    And my guess is LE has already figured this out!!

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast