1120 users online (228 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Logan Mitchletree, 9, South Williamsport, Dec 2004

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=2710656

There's a massive search underway for a missing nine year old boy from South Williamsport.

Authorities are looking for Logan Mitchletree, who was last seen around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Main Street and Sulpher Springs Road in South Williamsport. He is mentally handicapped and unable to speak. He was last seen wearing a gray sweat shirt and blue sweat pants, and officials say he's probably not wearing a coat.

Anyone with information about Logan's whereabouts is asked to call the Lycoming County Communications Center at (570) 433-3166.
    There's a massive search underway for a missing nine year old boy from South Williamsport.

Authorities are looking for Logan Mitchletree, who was last seen around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Main Street and Sulpher Springs Road in South Williamsport. He is mentally handicapped and unable to speak. He was last seen wearing a gray sweat shirt and blue sweat pants, and officials say he's probably not wearing a coat.

Anyone with information about Logan's whereabouts is asked to call the Lycoming County Communications Center at (570) 433-3166.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=2714556
    Monday, December 20, 11:50 a.m.
    By Norm Jones
    Search for Missing Boy Resumes
    Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

Bitterly cold temperatures didn't keep volunteers inside in Lycoming County Monday as they searched for a missing nine year old boy.

Logan Mitcheltree disappeared Saturday in South Williamsport. An army of police, firefighters, and volunteers have been looking for him non-stop. It is bitterly cold, yet hundreds of searchers are making their way through the South Williamsport area on this second day that Logan Mitcheltree is still missing.

One of the areas is off Route 15, up in the hills. While some crews were searching overnight, hundreds of volunteers showed up at first light to find the missing boy. The search is being coordinated at the South Williamsport Fire Station on Route 15. There volunteers were warming up and getting a bite to eat before heading back out into the frigid woods Monday morning. Organizers spent the morning looking for Logan in forest areas and open fields, even using boats to scan the banks of the Susquehanna River.

Logan is also autistic and can't speak. So sad. Prayers for Logan!!

Prayers for him and his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Logan is also autistic and can't speak. So sad. Prayers for Logan!!

Goodness, it's been SO cold out......this breaks my heart......I hope Logan is found soon, and tha the has been able to protect himself from the elements.

Prayers for his family....

-Amanda

PA - Logan Mitcheltree - 9 years old - South Williamsport - Autistic - 17-Dec-2005

Forgive me for starting this thread, if it's been listed somewhere...I can't seem to find out anymore about this case.

Today Headline News kept mentioning it and said that the boy didn't even have a winter coat on. I was getting ready to go out of town for the day, and since I got home this evening, I can't find anything at all on CNN or on the internet. I went to Pennsylvania newspaper and tv sites.

Does anyone know anything at all about this?
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-04-2011 at 04:01 PM.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/brea...0457762.htm?1c

I saw nothing newer than this online.

The boy's name is Logan Mitcheltree . Poor little fellow.

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by teedie2
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/brea...0457762.htm?1c

I saw nothing newer than this online.

The boy's name is Logan Mitcheltree . Poor little fellow.
    I've been thinking of him all day. I'll check out the link. I can't understand why Headline News isn't even mentioning it now, and I watched CNN news at 10pm..nothing.

It is with deep regret that I report that Logan Mitcheltree has been located deceased, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...09/detail.html

So sad...

I hope he just wondered off although it is heartbreaking to think of him all alone in the cold.

Awww......rest in peace, little guy. *sniff*

I just heard this...so sad. God be with the family at this time.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n11494654/

Home / FindArticles / News / Deseret News (Salt Lake City) / Dec 22, 2004
    by Associated Press

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- The body of a missing autistic 9-year- old boy, who had wandered away the day before a cold snap, was found Tuesday morning near a mountain road about 1 1/2 miles from his home, authorities said.