Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartRuledHead View Post
    Many thanks for the welcome :-)

Perhaps having no self esteem and being venerable is her crime then.

Who knows what moment of weakness he caught her on. It's easy to assume and judge... isn't it. Why not have a little bit of compassion for a woman not only being accused of this by some but who also just found out she feel for not just a every day sleaze but a murderer.

If someone you loved killed someone, you are not responsible - you are a victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you have compassion for the woman who was cheating with your husband ?
    As my name implies I have opinions, and I express those without compunction.
    Had TM felt bad for her actions and left the affair and NOT re-entered the relationship a scant 2 months later, them PERHAPS some degree of compassion could be illicited.....

IMO
    JMO
    MOO

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Opinionsgalore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    For those who were asking, DrWatson is on the verified posters list! (Thank you Imamaze!)

Professional Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I note that DrWatson is verified as a Thoracic Physician.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:

Hi Doc, My intention was not to "out" you. My apologies. Sincerely.
    No worries, Curious

And being adults, we should be able to take a bit of rubbing up the wrong way without letting it get to us, yes?

No need to remove the post, especially as it's now been quoted in my own post anyway...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Quick update re Find My iPhone for anyone interested. If Location Services are off, the Find My iPhone app supposedly doesn't work. If the SIM is removed, same. If battery removed, same. Yet police say ABC's phone was still transmitting the GPS signal. So, GBC's text message to ABC regarding 'app not working' or whatever.....was it bullsquat? Had he only turned the phone OFF, thinking that was all it would take to disable the GPS? That fascinates me. He says the app is not working, but obviously SOMETHING is working, enabling the phone to still ping until the battery dies.
    Yep, that's what I was getting at.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlobeArtichoke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GlobeArtichoke View Post
    Thanks, Woof. Saved me searching. My technophile hubby claimed it couldn't be true.
    It was true with the 1st IPhone that came out (least in the US) maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Straitfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrWatson View Post
    Forgive me chipping in here, but if GBC is still only a remand prisoner - he hasn't been tried, or sentenced - wouldn't he have different rights from those serving sentences? Including visitors, etc? Or does the presumption of innocence not extend into the remand section of the prison?

I have no idea, but any info from someone who does know the difference would be great....
    Not correct. ALL the visit rules apply to ALL the prisoners. Remand and sentenced. GBC is NOT being treated any different than any other prisoner at any time.
    "We, your family, pledge to you that we will have these questions answered. We will bring you justice, because you deserve nothing less," she said.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Keentoknow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
    Morning Fuskier

Curiousasacat posted a couple of pages back to save people looking it up.

And to correct the listing, it should actually read "Thoracic and Vascular surgeon" - for those in Australia, where a physician is a non-surgical doctor, whereas in America the term is used more generically to refer to any doctor.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Keentoknow View Post
    Not correct. ALL the visit rules apply to ALL the prisoners. Remand and sentenced. GBC is NOT being treated any different than any other prisoner at any time.
    Thanks for the info KtK. I would have assumed that remand prisoners may have had more rights. The fact that they don't makes the long delays while waiting for their day in court even more "wrong".

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:

Your post is interesting because an earlier Poster, identified as 543 insisted that: if it was the husband, he would have switched the phone off. At that time, posters could not understand the significance of turning the phone off, but in light of your comments, that post did have signficance. IMO 543 seemed to know about the phone and possibly the app. Hope QPS read your post and follow up.
    Yes! Good point!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlobeArtichoke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Quick update re Find My iPhone for anyone interested. If Location Services are off, the Find My iPhone app supposedly doesn't work. If the SIM is removed, same. If battery removed, same. Yet police say ABC's phone was still transmitting the GPS signal. So, GBC's text message to ABC regarding 'app not working' or whatever.....was it bullsquat? Had he only turned the phone OFF, thinking that was all it would take to disable the GPS? That fascinates me. He says the app is not working, but obviously SOMETHING is working, enabling the phone to still ping until the battery dies.
    .....and iPhone to iPhone has iMessage where it tells you if a text message had been delivered or not to the recipient. No mention of the text not being recieved? Just no reply. Whether that is relevant or not, dunno.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimer For This Useful Post:

Facebook news

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diggety View Post
    Cannot believe that made the news......oh my...
    If you use twitter, check out the comments at Courier mail.
    A lot of derogatory comments directed about this today.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curiousasacat For This Useful Post:

Thank you Brissy Lass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeartRuledHead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrWatson View Post
    Thanks for the info KtK. I would have assumed that remand prisoners may have had more rights. The fact that they don't makes the long delays while waiting for their day in court even more "wrong".
    At the end of the day they want the time in remand to come off their sentence. Why should it be privileged time?
    "We, your family, pledge to you that we will have these questions answered. We will bring you justice, because you deserve nothing less," she said.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Keentoknow For This Useful Post:

Told ya they'd be checking!! LOL

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curiousasacat For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=DrWatson;8096588]Thanks for the info KtK. I would have assumed that remand prisoners may have had more rights. The fact that they don't makes the long delays while waiting for their day in court even more "wrong".[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is horrible to think that an innocent person could end up in this situation.
    BBM

With regards to EBC not having visited GBC in prison, I have wondered, purely through observing her when she has been aware cameras have been about, that she seems like the "loose cannon" of the family. My mother is similar to EBC in that she is quite socially inappropriate. In our family, my father and the rest of us all give her her boundaries, to save us from being embarrassed by what she might do or say, or if the case arose, would leave her behind.

Thats not to say that we bully her, but if you could see the inappropriateness, you would understand what I mean. Sometimes its best to put her in her box and not let her out until after the event.

I would see a visit to prison, where conversations and actions are monitored, to be a situation where we wouldnt allow Mum to attend.
    I know that sounds odd, but where sensitivity is required, sometimes its in the best interests of everyone that this is established.

MOO

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Obsessor For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast