986 users online (185 members and 801 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Guilty Proclaim Innocence on TV: Video of Drew P, Scott P, Susan Smith, Mark Hacking

Came across this 2007 video... The show is about supposed victims of crime speaking out to media only to months later be found guilty of killing a spouse or children. I thought it would make for a good comparison exercise with DB and JI.

Of note: Bill Stanton (Yep! lol) was one of the guests on this MSNBC show... He stated:

(Guilty speak out to) "spin things in their favor. The whole world is looking at them closely and they feel they're smarter than everyone else and they feel they can go on, shed a tear, shake their head a few times, that they're gonna convince Mom and Pop America -who's very forgiving- that they didn't do it".

Interesting that he, years later, is one of several who proclaim LI's parents innocent. This is quite amazing to me... considering the behavior he's describing describes DB and JI -- and there's no evidence of a SODDI.

A criminal profiler then states that these people do this b/c they have a history of lying (and getting away with it) and they are narcissistic and crave attention -- two things that have been said about DB.

http://youtu.be/15l9HQgAk4M
    Last edited by redheadedgal; 06-27-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling

LOL-BS- just what his name stands for-what a joke
    Thanks Red-needed a good laugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    Came across this 2007 video... The show is about supposed victims of crime speaking out to media only to months later be found guilty of killing a spouse or children. I thought it would make for a good comparison exercise with DB and JI.

Of note: Bill Stanton (Yep! lol) was one of the guests on this MSNBC show... He stated:

(Guilty speak out to) "spin things in their favor. The whole world is looking at them closely and they feel they're smarter than everyone else and they feel they can go on, shed a tear, shake their head a few times, that they're gonna convince Mom and Pop America -who's very forgiving- that they didn't do it".

Interesting that he, years later, is one of several who proclaim LI's parents innocent. This is quite amazing to me... considering the behavior he's describing describes DB and JI -- and there's no evidence of a SODDI.

A criminal profiler then states that these people do this b/c they have a history of lying (and getting away with it) and they are narcissistic and crave attention -- two things that have been said about DB.

http://youtu.be/15l9HQgAk4M
    Thanks for posting a very interesting video. Having Bill Stanton comment on these killers trying to spin things in their favor was especially interesting.

However I beg to differ that there is no evidence of an intruder or SODDI in the case of missing Lisa Irwin. The missing cell phones and the window screen could be evidence of an intruder. It may not be a lot of evidence, or not very good evidence, but it's there nonetheless.

I'm not sure that there is a "history" of Debbie lying and getting away with it. Perhaps someone can help me with that. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    Thanks for posting a very interesting video. Having Bill Stanton comment on these killers trying to spin things in their favor was especially interesting.

However I beg to differ that there is no evidence of an intruder or SODDI in the case of missing Lisa Irwin. The missing cell phones and the window screen could be evidence of an intruder. It may not be a lot of evidence, or not very good evidence, but it's there nonetheless.

I'm not sure that there is a "history" of Debbie lying and getting away with it. Perhaps someone can help me with that. JMO.
    RBBM, RANCH. I don't have the patience to reread the entire thread again but if you were sincere in your question (that I bolded, above) I'm sure you will find many posters' opinions about what and why they think she may be lying.

"Inconsistencies in DB's Story" ~ [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161793"]Inconsistencies in DB's Story - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    RBBM, RANCH. I don't have the patience to reread the entire thread again but if you were sincere in your question (that I bolded, above) I'm sure you will find many posters' opinions about what and why they think she may be lying.

"Inconsistencies in DB's Story" ~ Inconsistencies in DB's Story - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I have no qualms with her being caught in a lie, it's the getting away with it part that I'm not so sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I have no qualms with her being caught in a lie, it's the getting away with it part that I'm not so sure about.
    Well, those who think she has lied most likely think she is involved with Baby Lisa's disappearance. And, up to now, she is "getting away with it" since no arrests have been made.

We're all stuck on our own interpretations and opinions at this point and seem to be rehashing the rehashes. I'm thinking nothing will move in this case until more facts are known.

LE seems to have more questions for Lisa's parents. Perhaps (!!!) it would help if they swallowed their pride or fear and answered the questions. One would think they would certainly put the safety of their baby before their own. Don't you think?
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    Well, those who think she has lied most likely think she is involved with Baby Lisa's disappearance. And, up to now, she is "getting away with it" since no arrests have been made.

We're all stuck on our own interpretations and opinions at this point and seem to be rehashing the rehashes. I'm thinking nothing will move in this case until more facts are known.

LE seems to have more questions for Lisa's parents. Perhaps (!!!) it would help if they swallowed their pride or fear and answered the questions. One would think they would certainly put the safety of their baby before their own. Don't you think?
    BBM
    I agree 100% with that. And I certainly understand the frustration that people have because there has been no arrest made in this case.

But I don't think that Debbies getting away with any lies. Any lies that she's been caught in are documented. Whether she's guilty of harming her child is another story. JMO.

the profiler said that a history of getting away with lies is one of the traits observed with killers who go on tv and lie...

of course
    we don't know if this applies to DB's past as she only became a public person last october when lisa "disappeared". and, this wasn't my point.

my point was that a criminal profiler states that a history of lying (and getting away with it being secondary), narcissism and being a drama queen describes this type of person... and since people who knew her in the past used phrases like "fake tears" and "con artist" to describe her (there's a thread in the forum about her past friends where this is mentioned), i think it's likely she did lie since it seems to be something she became known/remembered for... and it's being done again now with lisa imo.

now, what i really wanted with this thread was for people to watch the guilty/"killers" and opine as to whether what they see in scott or susan or mark is also seen in DB or JI... anyone??
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

for years i tried to find video of susan smith... it had been too long since i saw her on tv pleading for the return of her sons. back then, i thought she was telling the truth lol

i need to re-watch some of DB's earliest interviews to compare the two.

scott's teary interview is soooooo fake. no way does he sound or look truly concerned about lacy... and that bit at the end about how "she knows how much she's loved and missed"? ::PUKE::
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

I predict these "parents" will get away with murder. Breaks my heart!

To me DB sounds more like Sabrina Aisenburg's mother-going so far as to saying some of the exact same thing she said when Sabrina went missing!!I have always thought them 2 know what happened to their daughter to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    You cannot get away with murder when you haven't proven that the missing person is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post

Sadly, I agree, 4Jacy ...

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

I have the sick feeling too that they are going to get away with it. Not only that, but I think that a lot of people are going to take their side as the years go by, and they will be seen more as victims. 5 years from now, Lisa will be 6 years old, and I think it will be "comforting" to people to imagine that she's living with a family and she doesn't know that she was kidnapped. And then you have all the people who think that if someone hasn't been arrested, he or she is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    the profiler said that a history of getting away with lies is one of the traits observed with killers who go on tv and lie...

of course
    we don't know if this applies to DB's past as she only became a public person last october when lisa "disappeared". and, this wasn't my point.

my point was that a criminal profiler states that a history of lying (and getting away with it being secondary), narcissism and being a drama queen describes this type of person... and since people who knew her in the past used phrases like "fake tears" and "con artist" to describe her (there's a thread in the forum about her past friends where this is mentioned), i think it's likely she did lie since it seems to be something she became known/remembered for... and it's being done again now with lisa imo.

now, what i really wanted with this thread was for people to watch the guilty/"killers" and opine as to whether what they see in scott or susan or mark is also seen in DB or JI... anyone??
    BBM
    What I see in the video that you provided is people talking on camera that were later convicted of murder. That hasn't happened in this case yet so it's kind of hard for me to compare them to DB/JI. JMO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast