Guilty Proclaim Innocence on TV: Video of Drew P, Scott P, Susan Smith, Mark Hacking

redheadedgal

Former Member
Reaction score
Came across this 2007 video... The show is about supposed victims of crime speaking out to media only to months later be found guilty of killing a spouse or children. I thought it would make for a good comparison exercise with DB and JI.

Of note: Bill Stanton (Yep! lol) was one of the guests on this MSNBC show... He stated:

(Guilty speak out to) "spin things in their favor. The whole world is looking at them closely and they feel they're smarter than everyone else and they feel they can go on, shed a tear, shake their head a few times, that they're gonna convince Mom and Pop America -who's very forgiving- that they didn't do it".

Interesting that he, years later, is one of several who proclaim LI's parents innocent. This is quite amazing to me... considering the behavior he's describing describes DB and JI -- and there's no evidence of a SODDI.

A criminal profiler then states that these people do this b/c they have a history of lying (and getting away with it) and they are narcissistic and crave attention -- two things that have been said about DB.

http://youtu.be/15l9HQgAk4M

LOL-BS- just what his name stands for-what a joke
Thanks Red-needed a good laugh!!

Came across this 2007 video... The show is about supposed victims of crime speaking out to media only to months later be found guilty of killing a spouse or children. I thought it would make for a good comparison exercise with DB and JI.

Of note: Bill Stanton (Yep! lol) was one of the guests on this MSNBC show... He stated:

(Guilty speak out to) "spin things in their favor. The whole world is looking at them closely and they feel they're smarter than everyone else and they feel they can go on, shed a tear, shake their head a few times, that they're gonna convince Mom and Pop America -who's very forgiving- that they didn't do it".

Interesting that he, years later, is one of several who proclaim LI's parents innocent. This is quite amazing to me... considering the behavior he's describing describes DB and JI -- and there's no evidence of a SODDI.

A criminal profiler then states that these people do this b/c they have a history of lying (and getting away with it) and they are narcissistic and crave attention -- two things that have been said about DB.

http://youtu.be/15l9HQgAk4M

Thanks for posting a very interesting video. Having Bill Stanton comment on these killers trying to spin things in their favor was especially interesting.

However I beg to differ that there is no evidence of an intruder or SODDI in the case of missing Lisa Irwin. The missing cell phones and the window screen could be evidence of an intruder. It may not be a lot of evidence, or not very good evidence, but it's there nonetheless.

I'm not sure that there is a "history" of Debbie lying and getting away with it. Perhaps someone can help me with that. JMO.

Thanks for posting a very interesting video. Having Bill Stanton comment on these killers trying to spin things in their favor was especially interesting.

However I beg to differ that there is no evidence of an intruder or SODDI in the case of missing Lisa Irwin. The missing cell phones and the window screen could be evidence of an intruder. It may not be a lot of evidence, or not very good evidence, but it's there nonetheless.

I'm not sure that there is a "history" of Debbie lying and getting away with it. Perhaps someone can help me with that. JMO.

RBBM, RANCH. I don't have the patience to reread the entire thread again but if you were sincere in your question (that I bolded, above) I'm sure you will find many posters' opinions about what and why they think she may be lying.

"Inconsistencies in DB's Story" ~ [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161793"]Inconsistencies in DB's Story - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have no qualms with her being caught in a lie, it's the getting away with it part that I'm not so sure about.

Well, those who think she has lied most likely think she is involved with Baby Lisa's disappearance. And, up to now, she is "getting away with it" since no arrests have been made.

We're all stuck on our own interpretations and opinions at this point and seem to be rehashing the rehashes. I'm thinking nothing will move in this case until more facts are known.

LE seems to have more questions for Lisa's parents. Perhaps (!!!) it would help if they swallowed their pride or fear and answered the questions. One would think they would certainly put the safety of their baby before their own. Don't you think?

Well, those who think she has lied most likely think she is involved with Baby Lisa's disappearance. And, up to now, she is "getting away with it" since no arrests have been made.

We're all stuck on our own interpretations and opinions at this point and seem to be rehashing the rehashes. I'm thinking nothing will move in this case until more facts are known.

LE seems to have more questions for Lisa's parents. Perhaps (!!!) it would help if they swallowed their pride or fear and answered the questions. One would think they would certainly put the safety of their baby before their own. Don't you think?

BBM
I agree 100% with that. And I certainly understand the frustration that people have because there has been no arrest made in this case.

But I don't think that Debbies getting away with any lies. Any lies that she's been caught in are documented. Whether she's guilty of harming her child is another story. JMO.

the profiler said that a history of getting away with lies is one of the traits observed with killers who go on tv and lie...

of course
we don't know if this applies to DB's past as she only became a public person last october when lisa "disappeared". and, this wasn't my point.

my point was that a criminal profiler states that a history of lying (and getting away with it being secondary), narcissism and being a drama queen describes this type of person... and since people who knew her in the past used phrases like "fake tears" and "con artist" to describe her (there's a thread in the forum about her past friends where this is mentioned), i think it's likely she did lie since it seems to be something she became known/remembered for... and it's being done again now with lisa imo.

now, what i really wanted with this thread was for people to watch the guilty/"killers" and opine as to whether what they see in scott or susan or mark is also seen in DB or JI... anyone?? :)

for years i tried to find video of susan smith... it had been too long since i saw her on tv pleading for the return of her sons. back then, i thought she was telling the truth lol

i need to re-watch some of DB's earliest interviews to compare the two.

scott's teary interview is soooooo fake. no way does he sound or look truly concerned about lacy... and that bit at the end about how "she knows how much she's loved and missed"? ::pUKE::

I predict these "parents" will get away with murder. Breaks my heart!

To me DB sounds more like Sabrina Aisenburg's mother-going so far as to saying some of the exact same thing she said when Sabrina went missing!!I have always thought them 2 know what happened to their daughter to!!!

I have the sick feeling too that they are going to get away with it. :( Not only that, but I think that a lot of people are going to take their side as the years go by, and they will be seen more as victims. 5 years from now, Lisa will be 6 years old, and I think it will be "comforting" to people to imagine that she's living with a family and she doesn't know that she was kidnapped. And then you have all the people who think that if someone hasn't been arrested, he or she is innocent.

the profiler said that a history of getting away with lies is one of the traits observed with killers who go on tv and lie...

of course
we don't know if this applies to DB's past as she only became a public person last october when lisa "disappeared". and, this wasn't my point.

my point was that a criminal profiler states that a history of lying (and getting away with it being secondary), narcissism and being a drama queen describes this type of person... and since people who knew her in the past used phrases like "fake tears" and "con artist" to describe her (there's a thread in the forum about her past friends where this is mentioned), i think it's likely she did lie since it seems to be something she became known/remembered for... and it's being done again now with lisa imo.

now, what i really wanted with this thread was for people to watch the guilty/"killers" and opine as to whether what they see in scott or susan or mark is also seen in DB or JI... anyone?? :)
BBM
What I see in the video that you provided is people talking on camera that were later convicted of murder. That hasn't happened in this case yet so it's kind of hard for me to compare them to DB/JI. JMO.

I have the sick feeling too that they are going to get away with it. :( Not only that, but I think that a lot of people are going to take their side as the years go by, and they will be seen more as victims. 5 years from now, Lisa will be 6 years old, and I think it will be "comforting" to people to imagine that she's living with a family and she doesn't know that she was kidnapped. And then you have all the people who think that if someone hasn't been arrested, he or she is innocent.
BBM
I not one of the people who feel since someone hasn't been arrested that it means their innocent. I believe that police won't arrest someone if there's a lack of evidence that they committed a crime, or their still trying to build a case. We don't know which is the case here. JMO.

Great find red!!! Very interesting video! I see many comparisons to these people and DB/JI. I do feel that DB and possibly JI are guilty. I believe that LE knows that they are guilty. Just because they haven't been arrested as quickly as these people in the video were arrested does not necessarily mean that LE doesn't think they are guilty. LE agencies are different everywhere, but the consensus is that it always helps to have a body, even if there is a witness. So, as I've said before, this case may take a lot of time to bring to a close.

I think that the biggest thing that jumps out at me about comparisons of DB/JI and these others is the narcissism that I noted in all of them that I certainly saw in DB. ALL of them, simply by giving interviews to the media, are saying to the public - "Screw all of you. I killed (whoever) and I'm so smart and such a good actor that I'm going to get away with it!"

Great find red!!! Very interesting video! I see many comparisons to these people and DB/JI. I do feel that DB and possibly JI are guilty. I believe that LE knows that they are guilty. Just because they haven't been arrested as quickly as these people in the video were arrested does not necessarily mean that LE doesn't think they are guilty. LE agencies are different everywhere, but the consensus is that it always helps to have a body, even if there is a witness. So, as I've said before, this case may take a lot of time to bring to a close.

I think that the biggest thing that jumps out at me about comparisons of DB/JI and these others is the narcissism that I noted in all of them that I certainly saw in DB. ALL of them, simply by giving interviews to the media, are saying to the public - "Screw all of you. I killed (whoever) and I'm so smart and such a good actor that I'm going to get away with it!"

BBM
I agree that the convicted killers that are in this video are shoving their thumb at society. And their paying the price for it.

But do we know that DB/JI are "getting away with it"? I'm not sure about that.

Narcissism is being brought up in this thread. I admit that I know little about it. If someone has some of the traits associated with this problem, does it mean that they are violent and prone to hurt other people? What I'm asking is being a narcissistic person automatically make you a danger to others? Should all narcissistic people be institutionalized to protect society? Or are there gray areas that should be considered?

Finally, is there enough information available to us to say with certainty that DB or JI are narcissistic individuals?

BBM
I agree that the convicted killers that are in this video are shoving their thumb at society. And their paying the price for it.

But do we know that DB/JI are "getting away with it"? I'm not sure about that.

Narcissism is being brought up in this thread. I admit that I know little about it. If someone has some of the traits associated with this problem, does it mean that they are violent and prone to hurt other people? What I'm asking is being a narcissistic person automatically make you a danger to others? Should all narcissistic people be institutionalized to protect society? Or are there gray areas that should be considered?

Finally, is there enough information available to us to say with certainty that DB or JI are narcissistic individuals?

You may not know that DB/JI are so far getting away with anything, others feel that they do know.

Narcissism is a personality disorder known as NPD. In the world of narcissism, it is known that virtually all psychopaths are narcissists.
Psychopathy is most often viewed as a particularly virulent type of narcissism, in which the person is not only completely focused on themselves, but also highly manipulative, sometimes sadistic, and very much into control and power. Does this sound somewhat like DB and/or JI? It probably won't to those who believe that SODDI, but for those who believe that one or both of the parents know what happened to Lisa, this will sound just like them.

Narcissism can be identified in individuals quite easily for those who are used to spotting it. I believed that DB was a narcissist the day I saw the Megyn Kelly interview. You should read up on narcissism just for interest...it is a very fascinating disorder.

BBM
What I see in the video that you provided is people talking on camera that were later convicted of murder. That hasn't happened in this case yet so it's kind of hard for me to compare them to DB/JI. JMO.

Drew Peterson hasn't been convicted yet, but how many think that HE is innocent?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back