Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    What is she doing for money, food, etc.?
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by s_r_b_13 View Post
    I think regardless of her age or her family background (which we can only speculate about, due to lack of information), the fact that she's been gone for a few days now, without her phone or wallet, is reason enough to continue searching and consider her a 'missing person'.
    Totally agreed. That's why I finally shared her story and joined (unofficially) the search. It doesn't sound like it was planned, definitely sounds like she has very few resources, and there are better ways to 'get away' and heal.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Here's what makes me worry; she's 19. A legal adult. She has every right to disappear, to keep her private life private, to leave the hospital, to run away with the circus, whatever. All she would have to do to close out her missing persons case is to make contact with LE.

I would think someone who has dont nothing illegal and WANTS to get away from certain people (family) or situations (outpatient treatment) would want to contact LE ASAP. Easier to hide when you don't have an entire city watching for you or searching. Since that seems like the rational thing to do it makes me fear she's incapable of that right now.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    What is she doing for money, food, etc.?
    Purely speculation but knowing the area and the timing, she wouldn't have much problem getting food - find a beach and some boaters to hang out with, or jump on board one of the many "boat islands" that form around this time of year. For the most part the boaters are friendly and welcoming in that area and it's almost a joke that there are no "strangers." Especially with her being so young and presumably not too scruffy yet (if she is in fact homeless right now), I think people would welcome her aboard to share food and probably even stay on their boats. For lodging, the highs have been in the upper 80s and lows in the upper 50s, so even if she's outside she's probably ok climate-wise.

I know I might be overly optimistic here, but I'm very happy she's at least been seen, and I'm trying to have faith that she's ok for now, until she gets home.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    Here's what makes me worry; she's 19. A legal adult. She has every right to disappear, to keep her private life private, to leave the hospital, to run away with the circus, whatever. All she would have to do to close out her missing persons case is to make contact with LE.
    Very true, Kaliste - that worries me, too.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post

I would think someone who has dont nothing illegal and WANTS to get away from certain people (family) or situations (outpatient treatment) would want to contact LE ASAP. Easier to hide when you don't have an entire city watching for you or searching. Since that seems like the rational thing to do it makes me fear she's incapable of that right now.
    I agree with you on the first part. I'm not sure about the second. I'm guessing she fear being put in a mental hospital as the only choice if she contacts family.

Maybe she is not sure what will happen if she contact LE or is afraid she can't be anonymous, that they will pressure her? But, like handyman916 said "Then why are they posting a private number for people to call any sightings or tips and not directing them to call the police?" I'm not sure what LE's role really is in a situation like this and I'd hope they would make it clearer. Would they try to pick her up and hold her?

I'm a bit confused or alarmed or something (IDK) that FB posts made by some woman who knows her and the family states she thinks Linnea is reading the facebook page and seem to imply people have talked with her since she's gone missing (the post talks ab out her oxycontin addicted son). I get the feeling they (family, friends, etc.) want complete control and that Linnea is expected to chose one of their options. Another person says they have a plan for a third part to take over.

I guess it's unclear to me what kind of authority the family, a third party, or police have in this case where there is an adult who left an outpatient session and doesn't want to be found. I'm not sure that in itself is enough to force her into a mental health care facility unless they will claim she is gravely disabled.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

See, I look at this in a totally different way than everyone else here, apparently. I see this from the parent's perspective. Your young adult child is having problems...even her friends know something isn't right. As a loving parent, you try to intervene and get help for her. Then she runs away, without any medication or any money. Your concern grows, obviously.

We often criticize parents here who do not take the proper precautions to help the people in their lives. We get angry and say, "Well how could that mother let that 19 year old girl walk off without a ride?" Or, "How come they didn't report that they haven't spoken with her in 3 days?! That's crazy!"

Here we have parents that I think are acting in their young adult daughter's best interest. If she wanted to get away, then she needed to reveal that to her psychiatrist and the authorities....mostly for the sake of her loving parents. These people have invested years in her life....they deserve to at least know she is ok.
    But I don't think she's ok. I think she is sick. And she really needs help even if she doesn't believe it yet.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

If she is voluntarily missing, LE may not be as active as the family would like, hence asking people to contact them. LE does not usually spend a lot of time on adults who go missing on purpose.

And she may not be in a state of mind to contact LE; it may not even occur to her. She may believe that LE will inform her parents of her whereabouts.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I'm a bit confused or alarmed or something (IDK) that FB posts made by some woman who knows her and the family states she thinks Linnea is reading the facebook page and seem to imply people have talked with her since she's gone missing (the post talks ab out her oxycontin addicted son).
    What??? Yikes, wow, I hadn't seen those and imagine they've been removed by now. I know it's all speculation but I can see why it concerned you - me too!

I hope she is found, and I hope she's able to find a place where SHE feels safe, whether or not that's with her family. For her family's sake, I hope they at least know she's been located and is safe, regardless of what she chooses.
    Last edited by nikb; 07-03-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typo fix

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    What??? Yikes, wow, I hadn't seen those and imagine they've been removed by now. I know it's all speculation but I can see why it conerned you - me too!

I hope she is found, and I hope she's able to find a place where SHE feels safe, whether or not that's with her family. For her family's sake, I hope they at least know she's been located and is safe, regardless of what she chooses.
    The post is still there. For others, you do have to click on 'read more'.

Maybe if she was in a safe place, had her minimum needs met, and had someone on her side (like a different therapy person/doctor/center), she would feel she could call and let them know?

Another poster on the FB that seemingly knows her states Linnea is angry (or it's the same poster, I forget).

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Is there a link for the public FB page? Not finding one.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I didn't see this posted - sorry if I missed it...

Mods if this link is against TOS please delete my post.

Mucho Gracias.

http://www.examiner.com/article/was-...meless-shelter
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Is there a link for the public FB page? Not finding one.
    This is the page I know of: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindLinnea

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by handyman916 View Post
    So someone removed the post that she was seen today on Howe and La Rivera. They also removed the post on Facebooks that she was seen today. Also someone on here is posting for people to call the family hotline with tips and sightings of her. It should not be that way they need to call police otherwise they are violating her HIPA rights by asking people to call a private number and not police. That post should be removed and people just told to call police not the family hotline. We are talking about a voluntarily missing adult.
    I think the family is afraid if they release the exact location of a sighting, too many people not versed in the search protocol will suddenly converge on the area and possibly scare Linnea away.

The police may be only minimally involved now, as there is no reason to suspect foul play - yet. Her family and friends want desperately to find her before anything happens to her. The streets - or the riverbanks - are not a good place for an emotionally fragile young woman.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to la_cavalière For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    See, I look at this in a totally different way than everyone else here, apparently. I see this from the parent's perspective. Your young adult child is having problems...even her friends know something isn't right. As a loving parent, you try to intervene and get help for her. Then she runs away, without any medication or any money. Your concern grows, obviously.

We often criticize parents here who do not take the proper precautions to help the people in their lives. We get angry and say, "Well how could that mother let that 19 year old girl walk off without a ride?" Or, "How come they didn't report that they haven't spoken with her in 3 days?! That's crazy!"

Here we have parents that I think are acting in their young adult daughter's best interest. If she wanted to get away, then she needed to reveal that to her psychiatrist and the authorities....mostly for the sake of her loving parents. These people have invested years in her life....they deserve to at least know she is ok.
    But I don't think she's ok. I think she is sick. And she really needs help even if she doesn't believe it yet.
    YES!!!

If my DD just walked away from her life..which would be totally out of character..Id do whatever it took to find her,and she is 23 yrs old. If when I found her,she wanted to remain "gone",THEN I would have to allow her that choice.
    IMO

ick..just typing that makes my heart ache.

Where are you Linnea? So many people are worried about you Honey.
    If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast