Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    Sacramento Sheriff’s Dept. Believes UC Davis Student Is Voluntarily “Missing”

Sounds like SSD is passing the buck to EDCO sheriffs.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...arily-missing/
    Apparently they don't believe her mental health condition is serious enough and she can still form the intent to be deliberately "missing". With that, however, how is she surviving? Where is she getting money, shelter, and basic necessities? A person in their right mind wouldn't easily acclimate to survival on the streets if they are used to the comforts of home.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Apparently they don't believe her mental health condition is serious enough and she can still form the intent to be deliberately "missing". With that, however, how is she surviving? Where is she getting money, shelter, and basic necessities? A person in their right mind wouldn't easily acclimate to survival on the streets if they are used to the comforts of home.

MOO
    I agree. No matter why she made the decision to live on the streets, the fact remains it's not a camping trip or beach party. It's a dangerous and unhealthily position for a young person to be in. There's a lot of LE and Fire personnel on the American River today. Maybe they will spot her and get her the help she needs. JMO.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/04/461...s=Our%20Region

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

I agree. No matter why she made the decision to live on the streets, the fact remains it's not a camping trip or beach party. It's a dangerous and unhealthily position for a young person to be in. There's a lot of LE and Fire personnel on the American River today. Maybe they will spot her and get her the help she needs. JMO.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/04/461...s=Our%20Region
    BBM

Praying for just that.

Rest in Peace

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Panthera....I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I have been the mother of the mentally ill young adult. Its a really tough spot. They don't want your help but they need it. And no one else loves or cares for them like you do as a parent.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

MOO
    She was a counselor at a church retreat and has plenty of camping exp.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to handyman916 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by handyman916 View Post
    She was a counselor at a church retreat and has plenty of camping exp.
    Agree, however, a church camp isn't quite like living on the streets with the homeless, correct?
    Rest in Peace

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I don't see this article on the FB page for Linnea, but I do think they should be announcing this. I think many of the public don't k now what to think about it and knowing that the Sac SD thinks she is voluntarily missing is important.

They also made a post today about not wanting criticism posted on the FB - send in a PM/email instead. And, still pushing for a lot of volunteers. I hope they are being clear with volunteers about what is going on. I do not think they should be having any more volunteer sessions involving the public.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

MOO
    I know it is dangerous and she may not be getting what she needs, but I have great faith that the Sacramento community is mostly good. Let's hope she has met the good people or has a unspoken friend(s).

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Huh.. that's still confusing, but thank you for the link So the EDCO ones don't think she's "voluntarily missing"? They have a bigger budget for this kind of thing? My initial thought was that she'd been seen in El Dorado county somewhere, but I haven't seen anything saying that. Maybe that's still her official home address?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I know it is dangerous and she may not be getting what she needs, but I have great faith that the Sacramento community is mostly good. Let's hope she has met the good people or has a unspoken friend(s).
    I don't think that Linnea is in danger from the majority of good people. She's in danger of falling victim to the minority of bad people in the community. How is she to know one from another? From her many years of experience with the street people of Sacramento? JMO.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    Seems to me her family isn't this horrible cult everyone is making them out to be. She is an adult, yes. But their daughter. Who had a suicide note and appeared to be in distress. Doctors agreed and tried to get her on meds. The police commend their efforts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I believe the article stated there was a suicide related website on her computer.

I have not read there was a suicide note.

Sleuthers... Correct me if am mistaken.

TIA

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    Huh.. that's still confusing, but thank you for the link So the EDCO ones don't think she's "voluntarily missing"? They have a bigger budget for this kind of thing? My initial thought was that she'd been seen in El Dorado county somewhere, but I haven't seen anything saying that. Maybe that's still her official home address?
    I'm thinking because that is her permanent residence.

I am glad Sac SD came out and said she is voluntarily missing. There are a lot of people who need help and not enough funding in Sac County anyway. I do not think they should be searching for someone who is voluntarily missing (maybe they felt they were put in a peculiar situation also).

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Praying that is the case also.

Rest in Peace

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I don't think that Linnea is in danger from the majority of good people. She's in danger of falling victim to the minority of bad people in the community. How is she to know one from another? From her many years of experience with the street people of Sacramento? JMO.
    I think chances are in her favor she will meet some good people if needed, isn't that basically what I said. I didn't say she could tell one from the other.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Agree, however, a church camp isn't quite like living on the streets with the homeless, correct?
    No but then their are hundreds if thousands of people who have mental problems and end up living on the streets and do just fine. There is danger every where in life living on the streets or a house dont matter when your walking down the same streets. In fact you have money and homeless dont so who is more likely to get robbed? all you have to do is look at all the crime....

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to handyman916 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone really know if Linnea has, in fact, been seen?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

I think chances are in her favor she will meet some good people if needed, isn't that basically what I said. I didn't say she could tell one from the other.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to disagree with you. I'm not as optimistic about Linnea meeting some good people who will protect her from the bad element that's out there. The predators in our society prey on the weak. In my opinion, that's Linnea's description.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Yes she has they confirmed that but wouldn't tell people where she was seen and still wont as they say that will put her in danger.... But it was leaked and they seen her around howe and la rivera which could mean police found her and she is fine just doesn't want to do what her parents want anymore or for them to know where she is. I should also say that confirmed sighting could be that the police have talked to her told the family she is ok and linnea asked that no on be told where she is.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handyman916 For This Useful Post:

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    Huh.. that's still confusing, but thank you for the link So the EDCO ones don't think she's "voluntarily missing"? They have a bigger budget for this kind of thing? My initial thought was that she'd been seen in El Dorado county somewhere, but I haven't seen anything saying that. Maybe that's still her official home address?[/QUOTE]
    It's been said that she was living in a dorm in Davis... when the sememster breaks are on students have to move out all of their stuff. I think it's a fairly safe assumption to think her home address is currently that of her parents in El Dorado County.

It wouldn't surprise me if she headed back that way, imo. Plus, I think the Shreriff's office there should interview some of her school friends (that aren't part of the church community that's doing so much), they seem much better situated to investigate, if they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I believe the article stated there was a suicide related website on her computer.

I have not read there was a suicide note.

Sleuthers... Correct me if am mistaken.

TIA
    You are correct, no suicide note. Her father pointed out that a suicide information website was opened on her computer, but it has been speculated here that it may have been related to her studies for finals.

We really don't, do we? Because she "runs away" from folks who try to approach her, we don't know how many young women in the metro area are being eagerly approached my teams of strangers! I'd head the other direction too, to be perfectly honest!

As I've said, I know someone who attended school with Linnea for years, and there is a lot of genuine concern for her safety. But, now that it seems this is voluntary the fear has settled way down from the day she just disappeared in broad daylight. She's a well loved individual, it seems.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to disagree with you. I'm not as optimistic about Linnea meeting some good people who will protect her from the bad element that's out there. The predators in our society prey on the weak. In my opinion, that's Linnea's description.
    I know ... don't worry about it. I just feel sort of upset today about it all. You are right, there are a lot of bad elements. I know.

I have two major personal stories of my own of being at risk when I was in my early 20's. I don't know how but two really good men showed up out of the blue in both of those situations. One young man stepped forward and prevented me from being gang raped after my drink was spiked. The other picked me up in a bad part of town when I walked away from a party - he was a black man and just said "Girl what are you doing in this part of town in the middle of the night, it's not safe" I laugh now, because it was the all black section of town and he looked like a pimp and he was driving a big white Caddy. It was about 10 below zero and 25 miles to my house out in the country. He drove me all the way home, smiled and said goodbye and drove off. If Linnea is in a bad situation, I have to hope someone is watching over her as they did me.

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

This case is getting stranger by the hour... wish she could find a level-headed, unbiased, good friend to stay with and protect her while things get sorted out.
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Just remember we have only heard the parents side of this "story".
    I had been "diagnosed" with anxiety, OCD and bi-polar during my freshman year of college.
    I took the meds they said I needed and those turned me into a monster.

I decided to disappear for about 2 months. I told my family I would be safe and NOT to look for me as it would have a very negative ending. I took myself off of meds and contacted a neruologist. Found out I actually was suffering from a rare absance epilepsy. Got my meds fixed. Called my parents to pick me up at the airport (i was only 3 miles from their house but this way it protected the people who allowed me to work on my problems), graduated college, got married, have 2 beautiful little girls who unfortunately inherited my epilepsy. Life is more than I could ever hope for!

Moral did my story: no one knows what is wrong with her if the PROPER medical testing hasn't been done. An EEG should be mandatory prior to any "mental illness" diagnoses being stated.. IMO

75% of people diagnosed with anxiety actually suffer from some sort of epilepsy.
    90% of people diagnosed with bipolar actually suffer from some sort of epilepsy.
    Last edited by tlzzdavis; 07-04-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo
    "Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"
    All statements made are my opinion unless linked to an MSM

44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tlzzdavis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlzzdavis View Post
    Just remember we have only heard the parents side of this "story".
    I had been "diagnosed" with anxiety, OCD and bi-polar during my freshman year of college.
    I took the meds they said I needed and those turned me into a monster.

I decided to disappear for about 2 months. I told my family I would be safe and NOT to look for me as it would have a very negative ending. I took myself off of meds and contacted a neruologist. Found out I actually was suffering from a rare absance epilepsy. Got my meds fixed. Called my parents to pick me up at the airport (i was only 3 miles from their house but this way it protected the people who allowed me to work on my problems), graduated college, got married, have 2 beautiful little girls who unfortunately inherited my epilepsy. Life is more than I could ever hope for!

Moral did my story: no one knows what is wrong with her if the PROPER medical testing hasn't been done. An EEG should be mandatory prior to any "mental illness" diagnoses being stated.. IMO

75% of people diagnosed with anxiety actually suffer from some sort of epilepsy.
    90% of people diagnosed with bipolar actually suffer from some sort of epilepsy.

Thank you for posting. Maybe I didn't post on this earlier but in some mental health treatment centers here in Sac (don't know about Sutter) the proper Medical examination and care is not conducted. I feel strongly it is assumed if there are any problems that look like they could be diagnosed as psychological problems, they will be and you will be put on drugs.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

I'm hearing something on the scanner, but I'm not adept at listening or rewinding. There's been a sighting.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

[quote=Quiche;8114890]
    It wouldn't surprise me if she headed back that way, imo. Plus, I think the Shreriff's office there should interview some of her school friends (that aren't part of the church community that's doing so much), they seem much better situated to investigate, if they need to.
    That would make a lot of sense. I hope they're doing this. Not much has been said about her school friends either high school or college. I hope that someone's talking to them.

You are correct, no suicide note. Her father pointed out that a suicide information website was opened on her computer, but it has been speculated here that it may have been related to her studies for finals.
    I shudder to think what assumptions people might make about me if they could see everything I've ever looked up, including not that long ago information about suicide. I wanted to know more about a friend of a friend's suicide that was linked to an anti-depressent she'd started taking recently. Obviously a very different situation from Linnea's, but there are many reasons someone might be looking at a site like that. That said I can see how it would be very alarming to friends/family if she was already obviously distraught.

We really don't, do we? Because she "runs away" from folks who try to approach her, we don't know how many young women in the metro area are being eagerly approached my teams of strangers! I'd head the other direction too, to be perfectly honest!
    I know! I feel sad and worried for Linnea, but I also feel so sorry for anyone in the area who looks somewhat like her right now.

Someone on the FB page said the sighting yesterday was still around the Howe area, so she may not have traveled very far.

I wish they'd say more about why they feel the people she's with are dangerous. It might help with finding out who they are (if it matters?) if it sparked a thought or reminder with someone - that elusive friend or relative or friend's kid who shows up every so often but is mostly out in the streets kind of thing. The people she's with may have more 'established' habits than she does. I know, grasping at straws here, just thinking.
    Last edited by nikb; 07-04-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Fixing quotes

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast