Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by tresptip View Post
    Was she taking ibuprophren for the injury?
    Or a sore back, or a headache from lack of sleep due to finals stress?... lots of reasons she could've been taking it IMO.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastLady View Post
    I'm a premium subscriber for RadioReference....I'll start listening around 7 p.m. and see what I hear

Can someone tell me which agency I'm supposed to be listening to?? lol
    I was listening to Sacramento County Sheriff and Sacramento City Police combined on one channel. hth

Listen at 7:10pm - 7:40ish-- the first mention is from a female deputy at the archery range in Discovery Park.

I think, however, if you're going to translate it has to go to the private forum.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I think it was the Sacramento Sherriffs site
    I thought that the sighting was in Discovery Park. That's in the city. Are County deputies responding to sightings of Linnea in the city?

ETA: It's a county park so deputies would respond there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    If she's staying with friends, you have them put the letter in a mailbox far away from the area that your hiding. For the payphone you travel out of the area before you make the call. Seems simple to me.
    JMO.
    I think if she thought that would help matters ,she would have done it.I think she knows her parents are not going to stop looking for her until shes found.
    I think shes a little po'd at them too.In time she might get in touch with them.Most likely when all ruckus has settled down some.Then again, it may be a looong time before she communicates with them because of the mental accusations.
    I been through it,and my parents know now to NEVER accuse me of having mental problems if they want a good relationship with me.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tresptip For This Useful Post:

I'm listening to the scanner (@ 7:21 pm last night) - I know that there are rules here about posting what is heard on the scanner and I don't want to break them.....but....

There scanner has a lot of feedback and static, but I definitely heard them say "all week (same) clothing......green shirt, green pants, may have cut hair or have it back"

I never heard them say Linnea's name, just "missing person".

I'm used to listening to the San Diego Police scanner and this one is different....

They talk fast, too!
    SEVEN and MORE!! 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walker....and in 2014 my 16 year old son will join me to walk 60 miles for a CURE!
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/3daywalker

Your source for Scentsy, Velata & Grace Adele...PM me for more info!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WestCoastLady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by C.Hound View Post
    I wonder if Linnea's parents and church community are taking a calculated approach to try and ensure a 5150 involuntary hold is placed on Linnea - such as making statements about the suicide website, not even surmising she may be living in a homeless camp or shelter, etc.
    Sadly that would not surprise me... but even then it's a MAX 72 hours in California unless she agrees to more, right?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Those so-called meds they had her on also could have caused her to lose weight,especially if it irritated her stomach.

I simply cannot take ibuprofen because it tears up my stomach - it is not as safe as people think either. Perhaps she was taking large doses of it for swelling in her leg. Is it known when she injured her leg?

I'm also taking anything the parents say with a huge grain of salt... maybe she only lost 5 lbs or maybe they don't really know what she weighed to begin with.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastLady View Post
    I'm listening to the scanner (@ 7:21 pm last night) - I know that there are rules here about posting what is heard on the scanner and I don't want to break them.....but....

There scanner has a lot of feedback and static, but I definitely heard them say "all week (same) clothing......green shirt, green pants, may have cut hair or have it back"

I never heard them say Linnea's name, just "missing person".

I'm used to listening to the San Diego Police scanner and this one is different....

They talk fast, too!
    Go to 7:11 and listen for the female deputy. There is the mention of the location and missing p Lomax

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    Sadly that would not surprise me... but even then it's a MAX 72 hours in California unless she agrees to more, right?
    I think once you're in on a mandatory (which Linnea wasn't) you have to get "cleared" by a psychiatrist to be released. If not cleared they can keep you for another 14 days, iirc.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

When I first read of the alleged hair-pulling, I instantly thought of Trichotillomania. Now that I read of possible cuts around the mouth, I wonder if Dermatillomania might be involved.

Wikipedia links:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania"]Trichotillomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatillomania"]Dermatillomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

~jmo~

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    I wondered why they weren't sleeping on the floor at the churches, maybe they are now, lol. (ouch) It may be an indication the donations have slowed down a bit... jmo
    No kidding. There are at least 3 churches I can think of in a roughly 3 mile radius or less from me that would have reasonably nice places to stay. Certainly not the floor!

If she were using a study aid (like Adderall) during finals, that whole thing is out of her system by now. No problem.
    Is that the case for OCD meds? I know that for painkillers like Oxycontin it can be weeks before even the physical symptoms stop. I totally agree with you that she seems like a sane girl who didn't/doesn't want to go home! I'm just asking about this particular piece of the puzzle.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Welcome to WS!
    No, I do not think that is true. While she is in there they can evaluate her and decide to keep her longer. I think after 2 weeks (or three?) you must be granted a hearing. I'd have to look it up but it's a stepwise process that escalates at given time periods and at some point they can claim you need or ask you be appointed a conservator.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Any volunteers in Sac wanna help with a independent search tonight, I am looking for one person must be in good shape to keep up with my dog and her nose. We will park one vehicle at discovery park then drive out to costco park the other car then work out way to discovery park should be 2-3 hours> if interested please respond here We will be meeting at discovery at 6pm

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handyman916 For This Useful Post:

Have the parents said anything about mental illness within their family, like brothers/sisters mother/dad, aunts/uncles, grandparents, great grandparents,? Maybe one of the parents had experienced a loved one with a mental illness and they are fearful that their daughter might have the same. Mental illness is hereditary and can be passed down generation after generation. Just a thought.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to packerdog For This Useful Post:

I was listening to Sacramento County Sheriff and Sacramento City Police combined on one channel. hth

Listen at 7:10pm - 7:40ish-- the first mention is from a female deputy at the archery range in Discovery Park.

I think, however, if you're going to translate it has to go to the private forum.
    -----------------
    Is this sighting confirmed as there were lots of people at Discovery for 4th of july and they were looking for a missing children at a few locations. They were also looking for a adult at cal expo who was trying to get into concerts free. There was lots of radio traffic and they were looking for a few different people plus had a persuit and crash

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handyman916 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by packerdog View Post
    Have the parents said anything about mental illness within their family, like brothers/sisters mother/dad, aunts/uncles, grandparents, great grandparents,? Maybe one of the parents had experienced a loved one with a mental illness and they are fearful that their daughter might have the same. Mental illness is hereditary and can be passed down generation after generation. Just a thought.
    I had posed this question re schizophrenia way upthread. I think it is an interesting point to consider. I know of one such case in which the parents of the afflicted young woman remained in denial about her condition for years, even though there were 2-3 close relatives who suffered from the disorder.

~jmo~

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

respectfully snipped

Is that the case for OCD meds? I know that for painkillers like Oxycontin it can be weeks before even the physical symptoms stop. I totally agree with you that she seems like a sane girl who didn't/doesn't want to go home! I'm just asking about this particular piece of the puzzle.
    Oops, I may have used a phrase that has meaning beyond what I was intending-- I just meant to say that I'm sure the effects have worn off of any Adderall type drug, and she would be capable of making rational decisions-- as in, not under the influence any longer. Sorry for the confusion.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    When I first read of the alleged hair-pulling, I instantly thought of Trichotillomania. Now that I read of possible cuts around the mouth, I wonder if Dermatillomania might be involved.

Wikipedia links:

Trichotillomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dermatillomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~jmo~

Interesting ... I immediately thought about lesions from fungi or oral herpes.

There is also this

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_cheilitis"]Angular cheilitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Can manifes as deep cracks or splits

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine being a 19 year old girl and having this FB page, news articles and posters of me plastered all over for the whole world to see, saying I am mentally ill.

The family and church are saying they are spreading the word about mental illness and how it should be treated as any other disease and yes I get that but do they?

Yes, mental illness is just like any other illness and society has come a long way in accepting it that way. Continuing to educate society is important.

It's hard enough if you suffer from any kind of mental illness or just have a single episode, which many people do and recover from to never have it happen again but to have it plastered all over the world is a different story. How horrible this must be for her to see. She should have the right to share her story if she wants to bring attention to mental illness in the future. That should be her choice to make.

I would feel victimized by this. Someone needs to stand up and protect her rights to privacy. She is 19 and has her whole life ahead of her. The stuff on the internet never goes away.

I completely understand what it is like to go through periods of depression, anxiety and PTSD.

They apparently don't understand how this is driving her further away.

Quote Originally Posted by handyman916 View Post
    -----------------
    Is this sighting confirmed as there were lots of people at Discovery for 4th of july and they were looking for a missing children at a few locations. They were also looking for a adult at cal expo who was trying to get into concerts free. There was lots of radio traffic and they were looking for a few different people plus had a persuit and crash
    I can't confirm, because I can't link what I "heard"... It was a very busy night, for sure.

(I'm listening now, too. Much much calmer, lol. But we all made it to the next day!)

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I take it UCD is a fairly "liberal" minded campus?
    YES definitely. When I went to school at UCD Berkeley was widely considered the "liberal" campus while the Davis campus was considered pretty conservative. Drive a an hour East and OMG Sacramento was regarded as super conservative. (by super conservative I mean often drive vs. ride bikes, wear clothes not from the vintage store, or use a stroller instead of a baby carrier). It's changed a lot in the past few years but still, with age and experience I'd say UCD is pretty liberal especially compared to where she grew up.

(I need to stop posting and catch up on other posts, sorry if I've been repetitive!)

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Oops, I may have used a phrase that has meaning beyond what I was intending-- I just meant to say that I'm sure the effects have worn off of any Adderall type drug, and she would be capable of making rational decisions-- as in, not under the influence any longer. Sorry for the confusion.
    Quiche sounds like you need to go buy a scanner like you i listen all the time it is the best way to find out what going on in town. I dont use the online stuff to listen because I can scan so many agencies at one time. Mine is a Uniden BCT8 about 150 bucks or so. I am in south sac and can hear roseville and folsom PD as far as distance.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to handyman916 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    BBM
    I hope Linnea's safe also.

I lived and/or worked in Midtown for 30 years. In my opinion it would be hard for her to live on the streets of Midtown Sacramento and not be seen. The only place I would see homeless people sleep at night was on the sidewalk or church steps. Sometimes they would break into a shed or basement but that would be a rare occurrence. If she was hanging around Midtown she would be highly visible.
    JMO.
    Very true. If I wanted to hide in this area that's probably the last place I'd go. Unless I had friends there and this makes a big difference.. homeless/on the streets in Midtown no way, but young college age friends in the area could be a strong possibility.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    I can't imagine being a 19 year old girl and having this FB page, news articles and posters of me plastered all over for the whole world to see, saying I am mentally ill.

The family and church are saying they are spreading the word about mental illness and how it should be treated as any other disease and yes I get that but do they?

Yes, mental illness is just like any other illness and society has come a long way in accepting it that way. Continuing to educate society is important.

It's hard enough if you suffer from any kind of mental illness or just have a single episode, which many people do and recover from to never have it happen again but to have it plastered all over the world is a different story. How horrible this must be for her to see. She should have the right to share her story if she wants to bring attention to mental illness in the future. That should be her choice to make.

I would feel victimized by this. Someone needs to stand up and protect her rights to privacy. She is 19 and has her whole life ahead of her. The stuff on the internet never goes away.

I completely understand what it is like to go through periods of depression, anxiety and PTSD.

They apparently don't understand how this is driving her further away.

I don't like some of what I have seen - I hope it is not leading to some kind of big support group or push for Laura's Law

Laura's Law is a California state law that allows for court-ordered assisted outpatient treatment or forced anti-psychotics in most cases. To qualify for the program, the person must have a serious mental illness plus a recent history of psychiatric hospitalizations, jailings or acts, threats or attempts of serious violent behavior towards [self] or others. A complete functional outline of the legal procedures and safeguards within Laura’s Law has been prepared by NAMI San Mateo
    I am really PO's that the dad is claiming this mental health failure stuff and at least one person on their FB is a Laura's Law supporter. I do not believe the spirit of that law is meant for people like Linnea anyway, but I don't like it when many will blindly support any law that might hurt more than it helps and take away an individuals right unjustly. I'm going to make a theoretical leap here, so just remember it is theoretical - it's possible this kind of law given broad power would be supported by those who think they should be able to step in with family and take over. In the end, it could lead to the family get a conservatorship much easier. Then they have legal authority over that individual, which means they have control.

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

As far as any other drugs...no way imo.A 4.0 grade average is hard to achieve if your doing drugs.
    That's a very good point. I hope you're right!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast