Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    Why would Linnea be hiding/running from her family?
    I can't imagine their worry and fears, but it seems she wants away from them. Is that your take?
    Let me just first say, I'm here now because I've become very suspicious of the way things are being handled through LL's family, and very suspicous of things being said and done.

My thoughts on everything, at this point, are pretty up in the air. At first, I had no doubt her mental illness was more severe than they were putting out (anxiety and OCD). It was obvious she had some sort of eating disorder, whether it was only a temporary issue or ongoing issue, but they never directly indicated that she even had an eating disorder. I also didn't believe she would/could stay at an inpatient mental facility for 10 days for anxiety and OCD, even the most extreme form. Outpatient care/counseling, yes, but 10 days inside a mental facility, no. I've always suspected there were much deeper issues... I just had a strange feeling about the entire thing. How does a girl in the picture perfect like HER PARENTS are portraying, go from that to where she's at now? It just doesn't make sense.

And obviously, the parents are very religious... the entire group is very religious, and the idea that someone is not religious does not cross their mind. I've never been asked if I wanted to pray, it was just assumed I did. They have bible versus printed out on computer paper and hung on the walls. That sort of put it over the top for me. I don't know.

Another thing I felt was a bit off... everyday they've been starting at 5am because that's "when she's most active." Well yesterday, out of the blue, they just decided not to start until 6am. I guess it's not a huge deal, but I just felt that was weird because just one day before they said she could have been taken to Oakland for human trafficking, so it didn't seem like the best day to lose an hour, and 2) I don't think I'd want to lose an hour, no matter what, if it was my daughter.

Lastly, they seem adament in finding her themselves. When I've gone out, it's always been told that if we see her, we are to call the tip line, and even once, I was told to call a specific family members' phone directly. That was strange to me.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to parlor For This Useful Post:

I think we need to summon some of our WS legal experts here to ask a few questions. Oh, where are you!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Parlor ... thank you for coming here and filling us in.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtstriker View Post
    Speculation runs rampant in these threads.... The bottom line remains the same, Linnea is missing and incommunicado. Somebody needs to make contact and ensure that she is OK. She is an adult so, unless she qualifies for a 5150 W&I hold, she should be allowed to be left alone and go her own way.
    And by the way, the family hot line is not the first call that I would make... JMHO
    I agree - somebody does need to make contact and ensure that she is OK!

And, IF LL is able bodied and not mentally ill, I’m beginning to get a little ticked off at her too for allowing all of this to continue!
    MOO Please don't copy my posts and paste them outside of WS without first obtaining my permission. TY

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I'm not sure it is legal to have their PI trace his phone?

I think these folks are treading into stalking others now and making human trafficking claims is very serious - but I see all the hype and most of it appears to be to inflict fear and danger so people commit to finding Linnea for them.

"they said they had police or some sort of task force scoping out his exact location at a home or apt in Oakland, so if LL was with him she couldn't go disappear again, but I didn't understand why they wouldn't just knock on the door and ask him if he's seen her."

It wouldn't be illegal to just knock on his door and ask if he answered. Do you know for sure if 'police or some sort of task force' was really involved or how much t hey were involved? Why am I thinking this is not true. I'm sorry to say I think these folks organizing the church are more than willing to mislead the public.
    Wednesday night I was told they had two teams in Oakland, searching. Then lastnight, I received more updated information, and it was told that they had gotten the police involved, and they even mentioned swat team at one point... but that seemed pretty unrealistic. I don't know what is and isn't true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtstriker View Post
    Speculation runs rampant in these threads.... The bottom line remains the same, Linnea is missing and incommunicado. Somebody needs to make contact and ensure that she is OK. She is an adult so, unless she qualifies for a 5150 W&I hold, she should be allowed to be left alone and go her own way.
    And by the way, the family hot line is not the first call that I would make... JMHO
    I agree. At this point, I'm only trying to verify if LL is in Sacramento and/or safe. When I was told she may have been taken to Oakland for human trafficking, I worried all night. I just want to know she's NOT in Oakland and not with anyone that can take advantage of her, that's all.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parlor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I agree - somebody does need to make contact and ensure that she is OK!

And, IF LL is able bodied and not mentally ill, I’m beginning to get a little ticked off at her too for allowing all of this to continue!
    This is actually another thing that strikes me as odd... that she hasn't at least told the police directly that she doesn't want to be found. That would stop the entire thing. I don't understand why she won't do that.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parlor For This Useful Post:

Parlor,
    On one hand the family talks about human trafficking, swat teams...etc. Then you go to her missing page and are asked to write 100 words as to why you are helping in the search for LL. It is all so strange.
    Did you know the family before all this took place? Thanks for all you are doing to help Linnea.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Cal Pen Code § 646.9. Stalking. (2008)

(a) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or willfully and maliciously harasses another person and who makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear for his or her safety, or the safety of his or her immediate family is guilty of the crime of stalking, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

http://www.ncvc.org/src/main.aspx?dbID=DB_California176

I think they better tone it down-- this campaign to discredit their daughter's ability to make decisions for herself has NOT been supported by the law in her vicinity. (imo, El Dorado County should step carefully away from this mess.)

eta: From the same link-- (applicable because THEY HAVE received word of her legal well being, but continue to send teams out to hunt her down which makes it a credible threat in my book)

(g) For the purposes of this section, "credible threat" means a verbal or written threat, including that performed through the use of an electronic communication device, or a threat implied by a pattern of conduct or a combination of verbal, written, or electronically communicated statements and conduct, made with the intent to place the person that is the target of the threat in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family, and made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat so as to cause the person who is the target of the threat to reasonably fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family. It is not necessary to prove that the defendant had the intent to actually carry out the threat. The present incarceration of a person making the threat shall not be a bar to prosecution under this section. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of "credible threat."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by parlor View Post
    My thoughts on everything, at this point, are pretty up in the air. At first, I had no doubt her mental illness was more severe than they were putting out (anxiety and OCD). It was obvious she had some sort of eating disorder, whether it was only a temporary issue or ongoing issue, but they never directly indicated that she even had an eating disorder. I also didn't believe she would/could stay at an inpatient mental facility for 10 days for anxiety and OCD, even the most extreme form. Outpatient care/counseling, yes, but 10 days inside a mental facility, no. I've always suspected there were much deeper issues... I just had a strange feeling about the entire thing. How does a girl in the picture perfect like HER PARENTS are portraying, go from that to where she's at now? It just doesn't make sense.
    BBM. Schizophrenia immediately comes to mind. My family has a close friend that was diagnosed when he was 21. He went from a hard working, out going and successful guy to non-functioning in what amounted to a matter of weeks. There was just something off about his behavior. He was losing weight rapidly and looked exhausted all the time. He became really quiet and withdrawn. His mother found him in his apartment after several days of not returning calls. He had pulled all of the hair on one side of his head out and dug deep scratches into the skin on his arms, chest, neck and face. He chewed through his bottom lip on one side and needed several stitches.

From personal experience, I know that law enforcement can't legally do anything to help a family when a person that suffers severe mental illness "runs away" or stops taking medication. The only time that they will become involved is if the person is threatening harm to themselves or others and danger is imminent. Otherwise, the law says that an adult can chose to live how they want. It is very difficult to watch someone that you care about starve themselves nearly to death or pull their own hair out at the root and be told that if they refuse medical treatment, there is nothing that anyone can do to help them because they aren't a danger to themselves or others. This is just my opinion, but knowing the mental health situation in this country, there is no way that they hospitalized a patient for 10 days without there being symptoms of a very severe mental health issue.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Analyze This For This Useful Post:

I am rather appalled at the continued use of Sac Metro Fire Station #106 to stage searches for a status "voluntarily missing" adult. I will lodge my concerns formally, as I am a tax payer in that district.

I think, if they choose to persist, they better back off the civic outlets and stay in their religious community only. Arcade Baptist is a huge campus very near by that they used for the Sacramento Vigil-- they should go there, imo.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

LE should help her find a women's shelter of some kind where she will be protected, and where someone unbiased can help figure out what's going on, IMO.
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

I cannot seem to pull up the helpfindlinnea website anymore after typing the direct address you can still find on the posters posted to Facebook. Has anyone else tried today?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysHope26 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    LE should help her find a women's shelter of some kind where she will be protected, and where someone unbiased can help figure out what's going on, IMO.
    If anyone does have contact with Linnea of any sort, we have set up a confidential safe house independent from her family's search which will be confidential, private and stable. I am a 27 year old female who is married and I would be glad to help her get on track and back to a right frame of mind if she is willing. Please let me know if you know how to reach her and I can give you my contact information to pass along.

As for a women's shelter, I don't know if she will reach out for fear of being called into the police and in turn found by her parents.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daggfish For This Useful Post:

Here's the announcement of ED County taking the "case" in her hometown paper...

http://www.inedc.com/1-1244

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHope26 View Post
    I cannot seem to pull up the helpfindlinnea website anymore after typing the direct address you can still find on the posters posted to Facebook. Has anyone else tried today?
    It's still there for me... I was really hopeful there for a minute!

http://www.helpfindlinnea.org/

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHope26 View Post
    I don't see it either

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    It's still there for me... I was really hopeful there for a minute!

http://www.helpfindlinnea.org/
    That's odd. I tried typing the address and clicking on a hyperlink and there isn't anything. I'm certainly not complaining if it is gone! No doubt WS is being followed very closely. Maybe they are actually taking into consideration the concerns expressed here. A minute victory for Linnea.
    Last edited by AlwaysHope26; 07-06-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added content

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysHope26 For This Useful Post:

OT

Did you know Linnea is the name of a flower known as the twin flower? (learn something new everyday. ) They're pretty little things, befitting...
    Attached Images Attached Images

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

OT

Did you know Linnea is the name of a flower known as the twin flower? (learn something new everyday. ) They're pretty little things, befitting...
    The flower is named after a Swedish botonist...Linnea's mom is from Sweden.

snipped from link:
    "Linnaea is one of the few kinds of plants or animals to be named after Carl Linnaeus, who knew it well from his explorations of Lapland in northern Sweden in 1732."
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linnaea"]Linnaea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Last edited by fabvab; 07-06-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: clarification

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

There's an email addie at the very bottom of this page-- after looking around, I think that's the easiest. (it's in the bottom margin, red letters in the black zone) Station #106 is Battalion 7 HQ.

http://metrofire.ca.gov/

Okay, that's freaky-- every time I click on it I go right through. Huh.
    Thank you , found it. I hope others will also send them an email expressing concern that a public facility is being used this way. Sacramento County is no longer involved in this so let them organize in a different county.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by la_cavalière View Post
    If she didn't want to go home or work at the camp, why didn't she just stick around Davis and take some summer classes? She also could have stayed with a friend or another student. She's an adult and her parents could not force her to come home.

I think running off into the woods without telling a soul where you are or that you're OK is a bit extreme for someone who just needed a bit of space. That's why I think this is far more serious.
    Are we for sure that was really Linnea that was seen running into the woods? Did that info come from the family search...or from police?

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Facebook friends...

As to the two new friends just added to Linnea's Facebook account: These two people may have just recently accepted an old friend request from Linnea.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to la_cavalière For This Useful Post:

<modsnip>

As of this morning, the last CONFIRMED sighting (they checked security camera footage) of her was Tuesday morning, 5:05 a.m. near Howe Ave. and Fair Oaks. Which was when she was sleeping in the vehicle and the security guard spoke with them.

Update: they are "almost positive" she is in the Sacramento region, and not in Oakland. They have had numerous reported sightings of her near Howe Ave., but none have been confirmed yet. They are having volunteers use vehicles and bikes to search the area. They are no longer focusing on lightrail stations, and what I take from that is that they probably believe she is with a person(s) with a vehicle (but that is not confirmed).

To piggyback on your post, Daggfish, can anyone say for certain she IS in Sacramento? Can anyone say for certain she is well and with safe people?
    Last edited by SoSueMe; 07-15-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Removed unapproved quote.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parlor For This Useful Post:

Parlor, was/is there a college roommate who is a part of the family/church search effort? A recent comment on the FaceBook page eluded to her being "discovered" by a biblestudy group who alerted her parents. Not one mention yet of a rommate or dorm neighboor or designated hall monitor.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysHope26 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I am not quite understanding how the SCSD would have the authority to 51/50 her unless they had evidence after she left that she was a danger to herself. The only other is gravely disabled. But they can't just go around throwing every homeless person in a mental health facility and giving them a 51/50 because it is difficult to take care of oneself either.
    Exactly, they don't have the authority UNLESS she's a danger to herself or others. But, they ARE qualified under the law, to make that call. And in Linnea's case, they did-- deeming her, essentially, sane in her desire to avoid her family and friends at this time. mo

Here's a quick wiki quote about who can call that shot:

...allows a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person deemed to have a mental disorder that makes them a danger to him or her self, and/or others and/or gravely disabled. A qualified officer, which includes any California peace officer or paramedic, as well as any specifically designated county clinician, can request the confinement after signing a written declaration.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_%28Involuntary_psychiatric_hold%29[/ame]

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast