1201 users online (206 members and 995 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DomCobb View Post
    The Case of Linnea Lomax: A Mother's Worst Nightmare

New blog - posted by a friend of the Lomaxes. Are links allowed? Sorry, still new here.
    I think she is referring to Chelsae H.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/15171

Case Information
    Status
    Missing
    First name
    Linnea
    Middle name
    Noel
    Last name
    Lomax
    Nickname/Alias
    NCMEC number
    Date LKA
    June 26, 2012 00:00
    Date entered
    06/28/2012
    Age LKA
    19 to 19 years old
    Age now
    19 years old
    Race
    White
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Sex
    Female
    Height (inches)
    Weight (pounds)

I'm from Woodland, right near the Target actually. We are about a 20 minute drive from Davis. I was wondering whether she might be in the area if she wants to return to school. Woodland is a quiet little suburb—lots and lots of UC Davis employees live here. We also have a great bus system with a wide area so I can imagine it'd be easy and cheap for LL to get here. The Nugget market is west of Target, more toward the center of town, a few minutes' bus ride away. Bit of a long walk but manageable I guess.

I take the bus a few times a week and am in the sighting areas. Will keep a lookout. If anyone here has contact with LL, she is more than welcome to PM me through this site for help! I will not contact LE if that's her wish. I have a safe place to stay though small, a comfy couch, and a good listening ear. I'd be happy just to buy her a cup of coffee if she needs to chat with someone.

Whatever her situation may be, comments in MSM from her parents gave me a weird vibe the very first time I heard of the case. I had a messed-up family with a great public face. It's hard to break free of that. I hope she's safe and can get whatever help SHE needs.

I'd be happy to answer questions about the Woodland area if anyone has some. Small and quiet, some bad areas but overall pretty safe. We've been here a little less than a year but I walk a lot and have had no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I think she is referring to Chelsae H.
    No, this blog is NOT Chelsea H. (Sorry, not a fan of that woman). BTW, I'm a man, not a woman. It's a pretty good from-the-heart post that was also posted in the comments on the HFLL FB page, by a family friend.

If I'm reading the news articles correctly, it seems that the family did not release many details of LL's mental issues right away. Just curious, do you think the public would be as concerned for her if they didn't know she was experiencing these problems?

I think the family was relaying this information so that the public would understand the urgency of the situation. If they didn't, I bet everyone in this forum would REALLY be saying that there's "more to this story" and that "the family his hiding things." None of this would make sense without the public knowing at least the fact that LL was struggling with mental issues. On one hand I do kind of see where you're coming from with the ibuprofen story, but it seems like since the beginning of this investigation people have been questioning the fact that LL was having mental issues. I've read comments saying that LL probably just needed to get away from her parents, or that she was escaping a cult, or that "everyone stresses out during finals." Perhaps her family felt the need to release some of these things so that the public would understand that this isn't just a stressed out college student? JMO. I am sure that some of the released information wasn't absolutely necessary but that might be hard for them to suss out in this situation.

From the way the family has been discussing the mental issues, it's clear to me that they are not very familiar with mental illness. This is very common when a family member begins experiencing problems like this--we as a society don't learn very much about mental illness in general, and it is rarely discussed, so families have a lot to learn. I think because LL only barely started getting treatment, and her symptoms showed up only a short time ago, she may not have had a definitive diagnosis, and the family seems really unsure of what to call the problem. So when "mental breakdown," "nervous breakdown," "perfectionism," "OCD," and "anxiety" don't seem to get the point across to the public, the natural response of a lay person is to start describing the problem. I don't know...it may not be the best move but I can understand where they're coming from here.

I feel like, while you might be right about the details sending LL into a tailspin, the family probably decided to do whatever is necessary to find her as quickly as possible. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for them to let go of these details (I'm inferring this based on how long it took for the details to start flowing). Just my opinion.

LL certainly has a lot to face when she is found, and the difficulties won't be over for anyone who knows her when she is found--there is definitely no going back from what has been said to the media and otherwise. But luckily it appears that some organizations have stepped forward to help with this process.
    Last edited by SoSueMe; 07-17-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Remove Quote

I just spent the last two hours walking around Midtown (my own neighborhood), including a few parks where homeless people hang out. Pretty quiet morning.

One thing I noticed is that, after walking along 40+ blocks and through four parks in Midtown and part of downtown, I only saw five of Linnea's flyers, and I was really looking for them. (I saw plenty of flyers about a missing cat and a missing dog, though.) I thought there would be a lot more here since this is the densest neighborhood in Sacramento and one of the places she was rumored to be.

So for those who think the search is an over-the-top blitz with Linnea's face plastered everywhere in the city and bands of overeager searchers roaming the streets, that's just not accurate (although I'm sure there are flyers on Howe Street and maybe in Discovery Park). There has also been very little about her disappearance in the news, other than a couple Sac Bee articles and TV news reports. Unless you are really active on Facebook or sites like this one, her disappearance is not that widely publicized.

Hoping the Woodland sightings are real! Woodland isn't too far from Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    Yes they most likely would have her evaluated HOWEVER the criteria for placing someone on a 5150 hold would have to be met. Just because the PARENTS STATE she is a danger to herself means nothing. The person that evaluates her would have to make this determination. And she would have to CURRENTLY be a danger to herself or others or gravely disabled. My daughter used to be a mental health technician and would do 5150 Evals and the criteria is strict. They just don't go around placing people on holds because their parents say so. She had many run ins with parents of minors even, wanting them placed on a hold and she could not/would not do it unless the person being evaluated met this criteria.
    I agree with you. I think the problem is that she has a recent history of a mental health issue. I am not saying there wouldn't have to be reason.

I have a theory though ... that Linnea is staying away and not chancing any of this until she get physically healthy (perhaps gains the weight back), mentally strong, and has stable living or working conditions (or perhaps resources). Perhaps long enough to show she can take care of herself well enough and is doing fine without medication. Therefore, there would be no question they can't get a 5150 on her. To me, this could explain why she has not contacted LE yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DomCobb View Post
    No, this blog is NOT Chelsea H. (Sorry, not a fan of that woman). BTW, I'm a man, not a woman. It's a pretty good from-the-heart post that was also posted in the comments on the HFLL FB page, by a family friend.
    That's not what I meant. The writer was talking about the hateful things people were writing on the net about the family and alluding to holding some of those folks responsible for slander. I thought the writer was alluding to CH as being one of those folks.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I agree with you. I think the problem is that she has a recent history of a mental health issue. I am not saying there wouldn't have to be reason.

I have a theory though ... that Linnea is staying away and not chancing any of this until she get physically healthy (perhaps gains the weight back), mentally strong, and has stable living or working conditions (or perhaps resources). Perhaps long enough to show she can take care of herself well enough and is doing fine without medication. Therefore, there would be no question they can't get a 5150 on her. To me, this could explain why she has not contacted LE yet.
    I don't see why she couldn't contact LE letting them know she's ok and still do what your saying.
    JMO.

Well, this is giving me hope. That is a lot of sightings in the same area.
    Yes, these sightings do instill some hope....keep your eyes out, woodland folks!

But....Comforting a teddy bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebig View Post
    Comforting a teddy bear?

Yes, this does instill some hope....keep your eyes out, woodland folks!
    I thought it was hopeful also because someone said they might have seen her at a Christian Mission place. That might be the kind of place Linnea would seek out or be more familiar with?

Maybe just out of touch given the public facility use.
    I guess if there's enough public opposition to them using the fire station then they will be sent packing.
    JMO.

I thought it was hopeful also because someone said they might have seen her at a Christian Mission place. That might be the kind of place Linnea would seek out or be more familiar with?
    Yolo Wayfarer Center Christian Mission has an emergency shelter and offers programs for the homeless and the needy:

http://www.ywcmission.org/services/y...y-shelter.html

Quote Originally Posted by la_cavalière View Post
    Yolo Wayfarer Center Christian Mission has an emergency shelter and offers programs for the homeless and the needy:

http://www.ywcmission.org/services/y...y-shelter.html

I hope, hope, hope she is utilizing their shelter and programs if she is in need - I'm only saying if because I would rather she is in a home with friends or something of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by la_cavalière View Post
    I just spent the last two hours walking around Midtown (my own neighborhood), including a few parks where homeless people hang out. Pretty quiet morning.

One thing I noticed is that, after walking along 40+ blocks and through four parks in Midtown and part of downtown, I only saw five of Linnea's flyers, and I was really looking for them. (I saw plenty of flyers about a missing cat and a missing dog, though.) I thought there would be a lot more here since this is the densest neighborhood in Sacramento and one of the places she was rumored to be.

So for those who think the search is an over-the-top blitz with Linnea's face plastered everywhere in the city and bands of overeager searchers roaming the streets, that's just not accurate (although I'm sure there are flyers on Howe Street and maybe in Discovery Park). There has also been very little about her disappearance in the news, other than a couple Sac Bee articles and TV news reports. Unless you are really active on Facebook or sites like this one, her disappearance is not that widely publicized.

Hoping the Woodland sightings are real! Woodland isn't too far from Davis.
    I want to personally thank you for taking the time to go out and search for Linnea. And thanks for sharing what your experience was while searching. If you go out again, please let us know what your thoughts are about it.

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast