1305 users online (253 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Ann Curry OUT as co-host of Today.....

After more than a week of furious speculation about her future, Ann Curry broke down in tears on Thursday as she told viewers she would be leaving the "Today" show after a little more than a year as co-host.

"I am so grateful to all of you," Curry said at the end of the show's second hour. "You are the real 'Today' show family."

"I have loved you," Curry, seated on a couch flanked by her "Today" colleagues, continued. "And I have wanted to give you the world. And I still do."

Curry—who will remain at NBC News as a correspondent and anchor-at-large—told USA Today that it was not her idea to leave the show, which recently lost its lead in the morning-show ratings war with ABC's "Good Morning America." It was NBC's.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...--finance.html

What sad, disappointing news! I've always thought that Ann was the epitome of graciousness and tact...she was, imo, a jewel in NBC's crown. I can't see this NOT backfiring on them....

What terrible new. I have always liked her style and delivery. NBC has done themselves and their show a huge disservice by doing this and i hope their rating suffer. I hope Ann goes on to bigger and better things.

Slightly OT. Gayle King is on a rival morning show and I can't even watch that show because she is so awful. Why does she even have a job like this? She is so self centered and overbearing. Ugh!
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

What sad and shocking news! I love Ann Curry! Friends and I have commented over the years how she is our favorite and why we watch. I also like Matt, All, Lester, and liked Katie. No others really. I will miss her. In fact, I may switch shows now too.

Wonder if they are just trying for younger newscasters to hook a younger audience? If so, bad move.

ETA: Also wonder if ratings are down b/c of some boycotting due to certain cases? Perhaps just some of the programming choices? IDK, I will miss Ann, and will see what the other shows are about now.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    What sad and shocking news! I love Ann Curry! Friends and I have commented over the years how she is our favorite and why we watch. I also like Matt, All, Lester, and liked Katie. No others really. I will miss her. In fact, I may switch shows now too.

Wonder if they are just trying for younger newscasters to hook a younger audience? If so, bad move.

ETA: Also wonder if ratings are down b/c of some boycotting due to certain cases? Perhaps just some of the programming choices? IDK, I will miss Ann, and will see what the other shows are about now.
    Yeah, I'm kind of baffled by some of their programming choices....
    But this....this is like the straw that broke the camel's back...

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of baffled by some of their programming choices....
    But this....this is like the straw that broke the camel's back...
    Have to agree. I've never watched the other shows, but will now.

I have noticed Matt seemingly more and more tense since Katie left, and worse lately. Like he carries the burden of knowledge. Just so wrong.

Ann always made my day. She is the woman I always wanted to be and have never had the opportunity to do so. She was fantastic! Serious when needed, emotional when needed, caring, fun loving, you name it she is the perfect woman in my mind. Such elegance through everything, even mud! Lol! She will be missed.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Maybe CBS will have a moment of clarity...snatch up Ann Curry and kick Gayle King to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by CCJD View Post
    Maybe CBS will have a moment of clarity...snatch up Ann Curry and kick Gayle King to the curb.
    Oh please, please kick Gayle King to the curb. i can't bear to watch her. Her favorite word is "I" followed by "my" and "me". She drones on endlessly about things no one is interested, interrupts other hosts and guest to make stupid comments. She will even repeat herself if she feels her comment didnt get enough attention. It is a form of torture to have to watch her.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post

What cases and why did they cause people to boycott NBC?

I didn't think that she was a well-fit with Matt Lauer. I do like Ann Curry though. I hope that Savannah Guthrie is the replacement for Ann, I love Savannah.

What NBC needs to do is get rid of Kathie Lee Gifford, she is well past her usefulness. A journalist, heh.....

JMO, IMO, , and all other disclaimers.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Please...please, please, please, please...don't offer the slot to Kathie Lee.

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Please...please, please, please, please...don't offer the slot to Kathie Lee.

Please.
    Ugh, kathie lee! That would be awful.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    What terrible new. I have always liked her style and delivery. NBC has done themselves and their show a huge disservice by doing this and i hope their rating suffer. I hope Ann goes on to bigger and better things.

Slightly OT. Gayle King is on a rival morning show and I can't even watch that show because she is so awful. Why does she even have a job like this? She is so self centered and overbearing. Ugh!
    OMGoodness!! I thought I was the only one. I can't stomach Gayle King..BLAH!!!!! I watched a local show called Fox LA News. I couldn't stand Jillian Reynolds but I liked Dorothy Lucey..Well wouldn't you know they got rid of Dorothy so I would go back and forth between NBC and ABC..Looks like it's Robin Roberts now..Praying for her health too!!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I got a bit skeered when Kathie Lee and Regis recently appeared together on the segment of the Today show that is usually Hoda and Kathie Lee. The surprise pairing happened simultaneously with the announcement of Ann Curry's departure from Today, and I couldn't help but wonder if a reunion of the former "dynamic duo" was imminent. As long as Ann Curry retains a position with NBC, if the network replaced Curry with Hoda Kotb, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Hoda would be an awesome addition to the early morning segment of the Today show, and maybe her co-hosts would allow her to finish a sentence or two once in a while - unlike the rude, self-absorbed Kathie Lee who thinks that the world revolves around her. Hoda is a class act who deserves better than playing second fiddle to KLG.

Savannah Guthrie is expected to replace Ann Curry on 'Today'

NBC's chief legal analyst is the favorite to take the hot seat next to Matt Lauer.

It's a good thing Savannah Guthrie is a trained lawyer because she's about to experience a trial by fire.
    Guthrie, NBC's chief legal analyst, is the odds-on-favorite to succeed Ann Curry as co-host of the network's morning news show "Today" and take the hot seat next to Matt Lauer. Guthrie already serves as co-host of the third hour of NBC's "Today," so she is no stranger to morning television watchers.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2062718.story

well, I don't watch any of those shows but I do like Ann Curry's style and hope someone snags her up for a primetime show.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast