Ann Curry OUT as co-host of Today.....

oh_gal

Reaction score
After more than a week of furious speculation about her future, Ann Curry broke down in tears on Thursday as she told viewers she would be leaving the "Today" show after a little more than a year as co-host.

"I am so grateful to all of you," Curry said at the end of the show's second hour. "You are the real 'Today' show family."

"I have loved you," Curry, seated on a couch flanked by her "Today" colleagues, continued. "And I have wanted to give you the world. And I still do."

Curry—who will remain at NBC News as a correspondent and anchor-at-large—told USA Today that it was not her idea to leave the show, which recently lost its lead in the morning-show ratings war with ABC's "Good Morning America." It was NBC's.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ann-curry-breaks-down-tears-today-video-130451298--finance.html

What sad, disappointing news! I've always thought that Ann was the epitome of graciousness and tact...she was, imo, a jewel in NBC's crown. I can't see this NOT backfiring on them....

What terrible new. I have always liked her style and delivery. NBC has done themselves and their show a huge disservice by doing this and i hope their rating suffer. I hope Ann goes on to bigger and better things.

Slightly OT. Gayle King is on a rival morning show and I can't even watch that show because she is so awful. Why does she even have a job like this? She is so self centered and overbearing. Ugh!

What sad and shocking news! I love Ann Curry! Friends and I have commented over the years how she is our favorite and why we watch. I also like Matt, All, Lester, and liked Katie. No others really. I will miss her. In fact, I may switch shows now too.

Wonder if they are just trying for younger newscasters to hook a younger audience? If so, bad move.

ETA: Also wonder if ratings are down b/c of some boycotting due to certain cases? Perhaps just some of the programming choices? IDK, I will miss Ann, and will see what the other shows are about now.

What sad and shocking news! I love Ann Curry! Friends and I have commented over the years how she is our favorite and why we watch. I also like Matt, All, Lester, and liked Katie. No others really. I will miss her. In fact, I may switch shows now too.

Wonder if they are just trying for younger newscasters to hook a younger audience? If so, bad move.

ETA: Also wonder if ratings are down b/c of some boycotting due to certain cases? Perhaps just some of the programming choices? IDK, I will miss Ann, and will see what the other shows are about now.

Yeah, I'm kind of baffled by some of their programming choices.... :waitasec:
But this....this is like the straw that broke the camel's back...

Yeah, I'm kind of baffled by some of their programming choices.... :waitasec:
But this....this is like the straw that broke the camel's back...

Have to agree. I've never watched the other shows, but will now.

I have noticed Matt seemingly more and more tense since Katie left, and worse lately. Like he carries the burden of knowledge. Just so wrong.

Ann always made my day. She is the woman I always wanted to be and have never had the opportunity to do so. She was fantastic! Serious when needed, emotional when needed, caring, fun loving, you name it she is the perfect woman in my mind. Such elegance through everything, even mud! Lol! She will be missed.

Maybe CBS will have a moment of clarity...snatch up Ann Curry and kick Gayle King to the curb.

Maybe CBS will have a moment of clarity...snatch up Ann Curry and kick Gayle King to the curb.

Oh please, please kick Gayle King to the curb. i can't bear to watch her. Her favorite word is "I" followed by "my" and "me". She drones on endlessly about things no one is interested, interrupts other hosts and guest to make stupid comments. She will even repeat herself if she feels her comment didnt get enough attention. It is a form of torture to have to watch her.

What cases and why did they cause people to boycott NBC?

I didn't think that she was a well-fit with Matt Lauer. I do like Ann Curry though. I hope that Savannah Guthrie is the replacement for Ann, I love Savannah.

What NBC needs to do is get rid of Kathie Lee Gifford, she is well past her usefulness. A journalist, heh.....

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Please...please, please, please, please...don't offer the slot to Kathie Lee.

Please.

What terrible new. I have always liked her style and delivery. NBC has done themselves and their show a huge disservice by doing this and i hope their rating suffer. I hope Ann goes on to bigger and better things.

Slightly OT. Gayle King is on a rival morning show and I can't even watch that show because she is so awful. Why does she even have a job like this? She is so self centered and overbearing. Ugh!

OMGoodness!! I thought I was the only one. I can't stomach Gayle King..BLAH!!!!! I watched a local show called Fox LA News. I couldn't stand Jillian Reynolds but I liked Dorothy Lucey..Well wouldn't you know they got rid of Dorothy so I would go back and forth between NBC and ABC..Looks like it's Robin Roberts now..Praying for her health too!!!

I got a bit skeered :eek: when Kathie Lee and Regis recently appeared together on the segment of the Today show that is usually Hoda and Kathie Lee. The surprise pairing happened simultaneously with the announcement of Ann Curry's departure from Today, and I couldn't help but wonder if a reunion of the former "dynamic duo" was imminent. As long as Ann Curry retains a position with NBC, if the network replaced Curry with Hoda Kotb, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Hoda would be an awesome addition to the early morning segment of the Today show, and maybe her co-hosts would allow her to finish a sentence or two once in a while - unlike the rude, self-absorbed Kathie Lee who thinks that the world revolves around her. Hoda is a class act who deserves better than playing second fiddle to KLG. :moo:

Savannah Guthrie is expected to replace Ann Curry on 'Today'

NBC's chief legal analyst is the favorite to take the hot seat next to Matt Lauer.

It's a good thing Savannah Guthrie is a trained lawyer because she's about to experience a trial by fire.
Guthrie, NBC's chief legal analyst, is the odds-on-favorite to succeed Ann Curry as co-host of the network's morning news show "Today" and take the hot seat next to Matt Lauer. Guthrie already serves as co-host of the third hour of NBC's "Today," so she is no stranger to morning television watchers.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-curry-replacement-20120629,0,2062718.story

well, I don't watch any of those shows but I do like Ann Curry's style and hope someone snags her up for a primetime show.

Well, I have officially switched to GMA as of yesterday when Matt and Savannah began as the new team! NBC treated Ann like doodoo, IMO.

There was a news article that quoted Matt saying that the show wasn't where he wanted it to be. (sorry no link) This was shortly after his contract was renewed for that ginormous sum of money. So I think Matt was behind this decision. He is rumored to like the pretty young ladies. Watch him gush over Katie Perry and Pink when he interviews them, it's...well, sickening, IMO.

Oh and the good thing about GMA is that they snagged Amy Roboch after she departed Today and I really like her.

I wish Savannah all the best but she aint no Anne Curry! Anne is a class act, yet fierce. She is singlehandly responsible for tweeting out to let the doctors without borders planes land after the Haiti earthquake, and she was fearless in reporting about the Japan earthquake and tsunami.

Go Anne! I wish you all the best and miss your pretty smile and soothing voice each morning.

moo

wm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-July-2-NBC-deals-disappointing-ratings.html

This article is misleading because Matt and Savannah were on vacation during the week of July 4th. We'll see what next weeks ratings bring next FRI since past Mon was the first day the new 'team' aired on the show as co-hosts.

BTW, did anyone besides me switch to a new morning show? If so what are your opinions. I am having fun watching GMA this week and the group is lively and has alot of chemistry. They had a rocking show this am and the hosts wore jeans and cowboy boots. A cute country star performed and they also had a mechanical bull! lol!

I am open to suggestions but please no FOX....they're a bit too stuffy for me. :D

moo

wm

I switched to GMA after reading your post. I like it better, the news has a few more details, the people are strong and speak clearly & rapidly enough to keep it interesting, I like the programming better. :)

I've watched the today show while getting ready for work for many, many years. I love Ann Curry and was happy when she stepped into MV's shoes. She's kind, humble and I love her delivery style.

Don't care for Savannah Guthrie at all, switched to GMA. Hope the ratings slip and stay that way ... Take that NBC execs!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back