Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 468

Thread: Tammi Smith - the Sentencing Phase

  1. #326
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tempe, Land of Melting Sidewalks
    Posts
    571
    Even though Tammi isn't serving her time in Tent City, it is my understanding that the Maricopa County jails have no air conditioning. Well, none for the humans, but the animals at Sheriff Joe's no-kill shelter have it.

    "The shelter is air-conditioned and the cells have been reconditioned to comfortably house animals. Some critics have said that it's inhumane to put dogs and cats in air-conditioned quarters when inmates don't have air conditioning. A good answer came from one of the inmates assigned to care for the dogs. When asked if she was resentful about not having air conditioning, she gestured to some of the dogs and said, "They didn't do anything wrong. I did." "

    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AZ98.html

    Right this second, it is 104 degrees at 8:40 at night in Tempe. Tomorrow, the high is expected to hit 111-119. God bless our troops for serving overseas in such temperatures, but I can't imagine Tammi doing well in such harsh conditions.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:


  3. #327
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    Even though Tammi isn't serving her time in Tent City, it is my understanding that the Maricopa County jails have no air conditioning. Well, none for the humans, but the animals at Sheriff Joe's no-kill shelter have it.

    "The shelter is air-conditioned and the cells have been reconditioned to comfortably house animals. Some critics have said that it's inhumane to put dogs and cats in air-conditioned quarters when inmates don't have air conditioning. A good answer came from one of the inmates assigned to care for the dogs. When asked if she was resentful about not having air conditioning, she gestured to some of the dogs and said, "They didn't do anything wrong. I did." "

    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AZ98.html

    Right this second, it is 104 degrees at 8:40 at night in Tempe. Tomorrow, the high is expected to hit 111-119. God bless our troops for serving overseas in such temperatures, but I can't imagine Tammi doing well in such harsh conditions.
    Thank you for all the information.
    That is one hot place!
    I guess if the jail is not as hot as outside but It cannot be mild in there with all of the other people.
    I hope it will wake her up a little.
    I would really have a rough time!

  4. #328
    Other than Tent City - Sheriff Joe has 5 jails currently in operation. 2 others closed - 1 for renovations. All have air conditioning - Tent City being the only exception. Jails are used for 2 purposes in Maricopa County. Prison over crowding is not one of these reasons.

    Persons awaiting trial or sentencing are held in jails. Persons sentenced for 1 year or less {as a general rule} will serve their sentence in one of Sheriff Joe's jails. If sentenced - or awaiting trial a person can be bonded out of a jail - if not on an immigration hold. I do believe Sheriff Joe recently lost the ability to check the documented status of persons within his jails - another story altogether.

    It looks as if Tammi has contacted a Bail Bonds Company. There is not much information available regarding the incarceration. Although it should be public record. Sheriff Joe even has had webcams in holding cells - intake areas - so the general public can view Friday / Saturday nights processing of individuals in custody.

    Local AZ media reports have stated they had scheduled jailhouse interview with Tammi - but she backed out .

    Whenever a reference is made to no A/C - Tent City is the only Maricopa County facility of this nature. All other jails are indoors and equipped with A/C.

    Pink is Sheriff Joe trademark - so to speak. The inmates are transported in pink handcuffs. In custody - pink boxers are County issue. In Tent City the men can be seen wearing only the pink boxers. As temps reach 110 and beyond. Living outdoors for as long as a year. With only military tents as refuge from direct sun - but not heat. Sheriff Joe offers his pink boxers for purchase on one of the official MCSO websites.
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~


    A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilsPlayThing For This Useful Post:


  6. #329
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsPlayThing View Post
    Other than Tent City - Sheriff Joe has 5 jails currently in operation. 2 others closed - 1 for renovations. All have air conditioning - Tent City being the only exception. Jails are used for 2 purposes in Maricopa County. Prison over crowding is not one of these reasons.

    Persons awaiting trial or sentencing are held in jails. Persons sentenced for 1 year or less {as a general rule} will serve their sentence in one of Sheriff Joe's jails. If sentenced - or awaiting trial a person can be bonded out of a jail - if not on an immigration hold. I do believe Sheriff Joe recently lost the ability to check the documented status of persons within his jails - another story altogether.

    It looks as if Tammi has contacted a Bail Bonds Company. There is not much information available regarding the incarceration. Although it should be public record. Sheriff Joe even has had webcams in holding cells - intake areas - so the general public can view Friday / Saturday nights processing of individuals in custody.

    Local AZ media reports have stated they had scheduled jailhouse interview with Tammi - but she backed out .

    Whenever a reference is made to no A/C - Tent City is the only Maricopa County facility of this nature. All other jails are indoors and equipped with A/C.

    Pink is Sheriff Joe trademark - so to speak. The inmates are transported in pink handcuffs. In custody - pink boxers are County issue. In Tent City the men can be seen wearing only the pink boxers. As temps reach 110 and beyond. Living outdoors for as long as a year. With only military tents as refuge from direct sun - but not heat. Sheriff Joe offers his pink boxers for purchase on one of the official MCSO websites.
    Where was the information that she contacted a bail bondsman?
    Could she have been contacting them about her bail before when
    she was out on bond?
    Why do you think she would need one now?
    With this case you can never tell!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:


  8. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,510
    If Tammi did contact a bondsman, I suspect it would be to get her bond back that was paid to keep her out of jail back in 2010.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:


  10. #331
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    I still cannot find her new mugshot or any information for her in jail.
    Has anyone else seen anything?

  11. #332
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by daisynae View Post
    I still cannot find her new mugshot or any information for her in jail.
    Has anyone else seen anything?
    As I mentioned earlier, IIRC new prisoners are kept to themselves initially - for how long IDK. Since the judge ordered mental health treatment, IMO she would be receiving mental health evaluations, and it seems unlikely she'd be thrown out into the general population unless the outcome of those evaluations indicated that would be appropriate. No doubt it is intense, and very stressful, as she is used to being surrounded by people and is just coming off the drama of the trial and etc. Very difficult.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:


  13. #333
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPants View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, IIRC new prisoners are kept to themselves initially - for how long IDK. Since the judge ordered mental health treatment, IMO she would be receiving mental health evaluations, and it seems unlikely she'd be thrown out into the general population unless the outcome of those evaluations indicated that would be appropriate. No doubt it is intense, and very stressful, as she is used to being surrounded by people and is just coming off the drama of the trial and etc. Very difficult.
    Thank yoou for that info.

    Sure is taking quite awhile to examine her head!



    So many personalities to choose from!

  14. #334
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPants View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, IIRC new prisoners are kept to themselves initially - for how long IDK. Since the judge ordered mental health treatment, IMO she would be receiving mental health evaluations, and it seems unlikely she'd be thrown out into the general population unless the outcome of those evaluations indicated that would be appropriate. No doubt it is intense, and very stressful, as she is used to being surrounded by people and is just coming off the drama of the trial and etc. Very difficult.
    Hi ChickenPants, do you know if those mental health evaluations include allowing the prisoner to talk and talk and talk...
    Maybe they're just not finished yet.

  15. #335
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    I little birdie stated earlier that Tammi would not be doing work release.
    This in fact can be confirmed by another birdie close to the cage.
    Altough no one can post private places the statement is 99.90 percent true
    I want to thank the other birdie for giving us the heads up!
    Now I feel there is more juctice than letting Tammi go home in the day time.
    She will be by herself and out for an hour a day.

    People in her private group do not take her group as private as she would like the members to .
    How can thousands of "Friends" really be private!
    She has so many little birdies in her group no need for music there.
    Now that I am done talking in code.
    Thanks everyone for all of the work you do getting the information on this case
    I am so glad you go the extra mile to get to the truth. tweet, tweet!
    Last edited by daisynae; 07-13-2012 at 11:53 PM.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:


  17. #336
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Lets not talk all at oncee!!!

  18. #337
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Aghast View Post
    Hi ChickenPants, do you know if those mental health evaluations include allowing the prisoner to talk and talk and talk...
    Maybe they're just not finished yet.
    I imagine the psych doctors assigned to the jails have heard and seen just about everything. I doubt they are allotting Tammi much time to talk and talk and talk....isolation is a real deal-breaker. But I'm sure they know what they are doing. IMO having Tammi in general population wouldn't be helpful to her as she depends on socialization, talking, validation of herself, etc. There's a better chance for her to process reality if she is by herself. Just MOO.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:


  20. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5326206.pdf

    7/6/2012 SUSPENSION OF SENTENCE - PROBATION GRANTED



    In Part...

    Condition 19: Not have any contact with the victim(s) in any form, unless approved in writing by the APD.

    Condition 21 - Abide by the special conditions of probation as noted on the attachment to the Uniform Conditions of Supervised Probation as follows: Mental Health.

    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant must submit to DNA testing for law
    enforcement identification purposes ...

    State counsel has requested that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children other than her own and that Defendant not be allowed to earn or otherwise make money as a result of her actions in this matter.

    IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children.

    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed...

    more at link

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:


  22. #339
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5326206.pdf

    7/6/2012 SUSPENSION OF SENTENCE - PROBATION GRANTED



    In Part...

    Condition 19: Not have any contact with the victim(s) in any form, unless approved in writing by the APD.

    Condition 21 - Abide by the special conditions of probation as noted on the attachment to the Uniform Conditions of Supervised Probation as follows: Mental Health.

    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant must submit to DNA testing for law
    enforcement identification purposes ...

    State counsel has requested that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children other than her own and that Defendant not be allowed to earn or otherwise make money as a result of her actions in this matter.

    IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children.

    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed...

    more at link
    Thank you! You are awesome!!!

    I love the fact that she cannot make money on her actions on this matter.
    I wonder if jack will sell his story?
    Last edited by daisynae; 07-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:


  24. #340
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    593
    IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noor For This Useful Post:


  26. #341
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by noor View Post
    IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children
    Thanks for that I fixed it.

    At least I have condition 16.
    16. Not cosume or possess any substance containing achohol

  27. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Condition 19: Not have any contact with the victim(s) in any form, unless approved in
    writing by the APD.

    I find this interesting. According to Judge Kreamer and his 703 order, there was only ONE victim, Logan McQueary. He made that quite clear. I am wondering under what possible circumstances Tammi would want to or try to contact him, especially in trying to obtain prior approval by the APD.

  28. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by daisynae View Post
    Thank you! You are awesome!!!

    I love the fact that she cannot make money on her actions on this matter.
    I wonder if jack will sell his story?
    DaisyNae,
    It was not stated that "Tammi Smith cannot make money on her actions on this matter." Here's what was stated -

    "IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed..."

    The Judge will rule, after the motion is filed.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgal For This Useful Post:


  30. #344
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
    DaisyNae,
    It was not stated that "Tammi Smith cannot make money on her actions on this matter." Here's what was stated -

    "IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed..."

    The Judge will rule, after the motion is filed.

    Oh O.k. thank you for that. I hope like a motion will be filed
    and they rule she cannot make any money on this !

  31. #345
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
    DaisyNae,
    It was not stated that "Tammi Smith cannot make money on her actions on this matter." Here's what was stated -

    "IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed..."

    The Judge will rule, after the motion is filed.
    What do you think the legal basis will be that State shall set forth. Interesting that prohibited profit is prohibited from "THESE OFFENSES". I read that to mean that she simply can't author a book about her experiences leading up to and through the trial. But I wonder if there are any other issues related to those types of offenses that she could profit from, as well.

    The judge made a point of recognizing that Tammi is a business woman. And he granted her a work release. I found that strange because the people at WS have uncovered a lot of questionable business activities including but not limited to IRS issues, lack of proper certifications, etc. And I am frankly surprised that the Judge did not address possible issues that could arise based on that history. But then again, it was not focused on as part of THIS case. So it is confusing.

  32. #346
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPants View Post
    What do you think the legal basis will be that State shall set forth. .
    The State could possibly use Son of Sam Statues. Arizona is one of 40 States that have active Son of Sam Statues.

    A Son of Sam Law is any American law designed to keep criminals from profiting from the publicity of their crimes, often by selling their stories to publishers. Son of Sam laws are designed so that criminals are unable to take advantage of the notoriety of their crimes; or financially benefit from the sale of a story, or any other mementos pertaining to their crime.
    Such laws often authorize the State to seize money earned from deals such as book/movie biographies and paid interviews and use it to compensate the criminal's victims. In certain cases, a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal.
    'Son of Sam' statutes: Federal and State summary
    Federal Son of Sam statute:
    18 U.S.C.S. 3681 (Lexis 2000)
    40 states that have active Son of Sam statutes: ( Arizona is included
    Arizona Citation: ARIZ. REV. STAT. 13-4202 (Mathew Bender 2000)
    History: Enacted in 1978.
    TITLE 13. CRIMINAL CODE
    CHAPTER 38. MISCELLANEOUS
    ARTICLE 27. CRIME VICTIM ACCOUNTS
    A.R.S. 13-4202 (2000)
    13-4202. Void contracts; crime victim accounts; establishment; notice to victims; exceptions; civil liability; definition A. Every contract whether written or oral, express or implied, with an accused with respect to the reenactment of a crime by movie, book, article, radio or television presentation, live entertainment or expression of thoughts, feelings, opinions or emotions is contrary to public policy and void unless the contract provides for payment to the commission of any monies which would be paid to the accused for such information or rights.
    http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/SonOfSam/index.htm

  33. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
    The State could possibly use Son of Sam Statues. Arizona is one of 40 States that have active Son of Sam Statues.

    A Son of Sam Law is any American law designed to keep criminals from profiting from the publicity of their crimes, often by selling their stories to publishers. Son of Sam laws are designed so that criminals are unable to take advantage of the notoriety of their crimes; or financially benefit from the sale of a story, or any other mementos pertaining to their crime.
    Such laws often authorize the State to seize money earned from deals such as book/movie biographies and paid interviews and use it to compensate the criminal's victims. In certain cases, a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal.
    'Son of Sam' statutes: Federal and State summary
    Federal Son of Sam statute:
    18 U.S.C.S. 3681 (Lexis 2000)
    40 states that have active Son of Sam statutes: ( Arizona is included
    Arizona Citation: ARIZ. REV. STAT. 13-4202 (Mathew Bender 2000)
    History: Enacted in 1978.
    TITLE 13. CRIMINAL CODE
    CHAPTER 38. MISCELLANEOUS
    ARTICLE 27. CRIME VICTIM ACCOUNTS
    A.R.S. 13-4202 (2000)
    13-4202. Void contracts; crime victim accounts; establishment; notice to victims; exceptions; civil liability; definition A. Every contract whether written or oral, express or implied, with an accused with respect to the reenactment of a crime by movie, book, article, radio or television presentation, live entertainment or expression of thoughts, feelings, opinions or emotions is contrary to public policy and void unless the contract provides for payment to the commission of any monies which would be paid to the accused for such information or rights.
    http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/SonOfSam/index.htm
    That is very interesting, thanks. This would then include follow-up programs, biopics, "48-Hours" type programs and etc., which may proliferate as the Elizabeth Johnson portion of the trial is anticipated. I always try to remember it is one case (IMO) with two co-defendants. This portion is interesting:

    "In certain cases, a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal." I wonder if that would extend to any paid compensation to Jack, for instance, if he were to participate in documentary-type programs about the case. But I also wonder if the State of Arizona will bother to pursue upholding this law.

    What I had in mind when I asked the question was Stones of Grace. It was referred to by name in the sentencing. The Judge indicated that he did not think Tammi was in any state of mind (sic) to be counseling others. However as far as I know that website is still up. And there seems to be no prohibition in the Order relating to this business. Theoretically then if Jack (or other people related to Tammi) decided to go forward with this venture, she, being married to him, could profit either directly or indirectly from SOG. I don't see anything in the order prohibiting her or even him from doing it. Just IMO.

  34. #348
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    So CA
    Posts
    153
    Does anyone remember this as being part of her sentence??

    Condition 18 - Count 2: Be incarcerated in the county jail for 30 day(s), beginning
    1/5/2013 with credit for -0- day(s) served.

    This says another 30 days in jail in January!!

  35. #349
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by CA Lady View Post
    Does anyone remember this as being part of her sentence??

    Condition 18 - Count 2: Be incarcerated in the county jail for 30 day(s), beginning
    1/5/2013 with credit for -0- day(s) served.

    This says another 30 days in jail in January!!

    Yes, I remember. IF she completes her current 30 days & complies with probation, she doesn't have to serve the 30 days in January.

    However, if the probation department gives her a bad report, then off to jail she goes on January 5, 2013 for another 30 days.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:


  37. #350
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,420
    Can someone be so kind as to please sum up any/all actual punishments that TS has and will receive based on this trial and verdict.

    TIA
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tammi Smith -The Charges
    By time in forum Gabriel Johnson
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
  2. Penalty/Sentencing Phase
    By ynotdivein in forum Sheri, Garrett and Gavin Coleman
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 12:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •