Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artsy1 View Post
    Ok, looks like the appeals court ruled on Friday that they would not accept jurisdiction of the case, which I guess means the appeal is denied.
    Thanks for this. I guess they will have to continue to go at her from another direction. She is, after all, a convicted co-conspirator. Now they need to tie up all those loose ends, and who says just because she's been sentenced it's the end of evidence or information, anyway?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by artsy1 View Post
    Yep, and one of the most famous that comes to mind is Oprah Winfrey. Look at what she's done with her life after her horrendous childhood!
    Here's an interesting snippet on Sheriff Joe and Tent City, and at the end you can see what appears to be Tammi's twin arguing with him. Hear what he has to say about "blaming" others:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gzlPOmaWeU&feature=related"]The Toughest Sheriff~Joe Arpaio - YouTube[/ame]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Troubled View Post
    I wonder if her words is actually what got her the 30 days in jail? It sure seemed to upset the judge as it should have. I wish it would have upset him more. Especially when she was comparing herself to god. I thought I was gonna be sick on how she just kept going on and on. She also mentioned that the truth hasnt been told and she "wasnt allowed" to say what it was. I would be interested to hear her "truth" not that i believe a word she says.

I suspect "the truth" is "The Gospel of Tammi", with chapters written by Jack and the Apostles. In which Jesus Christ is a subordinate figure, because it is Her Will, not His, that is done.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpants View Post
    i suspect "the truth" is "the gospel of tammi", with chapters written by jack and the apostles. In which jesus christ is a subordinate figure, because it is her will, not his, that is done.
    Amen!!!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:

Tammi has been taken to at Estrella facility:

http://www.mcso.org/JailInformation/Estrella.aspx

which is the intake/evaluation facility.

Her booking Number is: P8882.

Here is information about the intake procedures: http://www.mcso.org/JailInformation/...=CentralIntake

She will not be able to speak via phone unless the person has a pre-pay phone and land line. Cell phone calls prohibited. Video visits only.

I have no information about where she is in the process or any details...but this should provide everyone with some idea of what is happening.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/t...interview.html

Missing Baby Gabriel case: Smith cancels jailhouse interview

by Laurie Merrill - Jul. 9, 2012 04:46 PM
    The Republic | azcentral.com

Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman convicted of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in the case of missing Baby Gabriel, canceled a jailhouse interview set for Monday.

Smith, 40, was sentenced Friday to 30 days in jail and three years probation.

On Sunday, three days after starting her term at Estrella jail, Smith signed a form with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office granting permission for a Monday press conference.

The local media assembled at the south Phoenix jail at the appointed hour when Smith decided against meeting with them.

"She agreed and has since declined," Maricopa County Sheriff's spokesman Chris Hegstrom told the media. "There was no reason given." ...

More at link.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/t...interview.html

Missing Baby Gabriel case: Smith cancels jailhouse interview

by Laurie Merrill - Jul. 9, 2012 04:46 PM
    The Republic | azcentral.com

Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman convicted of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in the case of missing Baby Gabriel, canceled a jailhouse interview set for Monday.
    Smith, 40, was sentenced Friday to 30 days in jail and three years probation.

On Sunday, three days after starting her term at Estrella jail, Smith signed a form with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office granting permission for a Monday press conference.

The local media assembled at the south Phoenix jail at the appointed hour when Smith decided against meeting with them.

"She agreed and has since declined," Maricopa County Sheriff's spokesman Chris Hegstrom told the media. "There was no reason given." ...

More at link.

Well, that's odd. Didn't she tell the judge that the media ruined her life????

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:

http://www.kpho.com/story/18985765/t...ouse-interview

Tammi Smith backs out of jailhouse interview

Posted: Jul 09, 2012
    By Jason Barry

The drama continues surrounding Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman at the center of the missing baby Gabriel case.

Smith had agreed to a jailhouse interview Monday to talk about her conviction and first weekend behind bars.

However, shortly after TV crews arrived Smith called off the news conference....

...Now, Smith is telling people she wants to form a foundation to help young mothers with children...

..."I don't think she's qualified in any way to do anything like that," said Gabriel's father Logan McQueary. "I don't think that she should be anywhere around counseling or anything like that. I think she should be the one getting counseling."

more at link

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

Wow! Tammi Smith passed on a chance to talk, talk, talk?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAgal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
    Wow! Tammi Smith passed on a chance to talk, talk, talk?

I am finding it hard to believe myself!
    I think she wanted to shower and look good
    after her long weekend in jail.
    Or she is holding out for a better deal.
    It was not because she did not want to talk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:

Even though Tammi isn't serving her time in Tent City, it is my understanding that the Maricopa County jails have no air conditioning. Well, none for the humans, but the animals at Sheriff Joe's no-kill shelter have it.

"The shelter is air-conditioned and the cells have been reconditioned to comfortably house animals. Some critics have said that it's inhumane to put dogs and cats in air-conditioned quarters when inmates don't have air conditioning. A good answer came from one of the inmates assigned to care for the dogs. When asked if she was resentful about not having air conditioning, she gestured to some of the dogs and said, "They didn't do anything wrong. I did." "

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AZ98.html

Right this second, it is 104 degrees at 8:40 at night in Tempe. Tomorrow, the high is expected to hit 111-119. God bless our troops for serving overseas in such temperatures, but I can't imagine Tammi doing well in such harsh conditions.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    Even though Tammi isn't serving her time in Tent City, it is my understanding that the Maricopa County jails have no air conditioning. Well, none for the humans, but the animals at Sheriff Joe's no-kill shelter have it.

"The shelter is air-conditioned and the cells have been reconditioned to comfortably house animals. Some critics have said that it's inhumane to put dogs and cats in air-conditioned quarters when inmates don't have air conditioning. A good answer came from one of the inmates assigned to care for the dogs. When asked if she was resentful about not having air conditioning, she gestured to some of the dogs and said, "They didn't do anything wrong. I did." "

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AZ98.html

Right this second, it is 104 degrees at 8:40 at night in Tempe. Tomorrow, the high is expected to hit 111-119. God bless our troops for serving overseas in such temperatures, but I can't imagine Tammi doing well in such harsh conditions.
    Thank you for all the information.
    That is one hot place!
    I guess if the jail is not as hot as outside but It cannot be mild in there with all of the other people.
    I hope it will wake her up a little.
    I would really have a rough time!

Other than Tent City - Sheriff Joe has 5 jails currently in operation. 2 others closed - 1 for renovations. All have air conditioning - Tent City being the only exception. Jails are used for 2 purposes in Maricopa County. Prison over crowding is not one of these reasons.

Persons awaiting trial or sentencing are held in jails. Persons sentenced for 1 year or less {as a general rule} will serve their sentence in one of Sheriff Joe's jails. If sentenced - or awaiting trial a person can be bonded out of a jail - if not on an immigration hold. I do believe Sheriff Joe recently lost the ability to check the documented status of persons within his jails - another story altogether.

It looks as if Tammi has contacted a Bail Bonds Company. There is not much information available regarding the incarceration. Although it should be public record. Sheriff Joe even has had webcams in holding cells - intake areas - so the general public can view Friday / Saturday nights processing of individuals in custody.

Local AZ media reports have stated they had scheduled jailhouse interview with Tammi - but she backed out .

Whenever a reference is made to no A/C - Tent City is the only Maricopa County facility of this nature. All other jails are indoors and equipped with A/C.

Pink is Sheriff Joe trademark - so to speak. The inmates are transported in pink handcuffs. In custody - pink boxers are County issue. In Tent City the men can be seen wearing only the pink boxers. As temps reach 110 and beyond. Living outdoors for as long as a year. With only military tents as refuge from direct sun - but not heat. Sheriff Joe offers his pink boxers for purchase on one of the official MCSO websites.
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~

A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilsPlayThing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsPlayThing View Post
    Other than Tent City - Sheriff Joe has 5 jails currently in operation. 2 others closed - 1 for renovations. All have air conditioning - Tent City being the only exception. Jails are used for 2 purposes in Maricopa County. Prison over crowding is not one of these reasons.

Persons awaiting trial or sentencing are held in jails. Persons sentenced for 1 year or less {as a general rule} will serve their sentence in one of Sheriff Joe's jails. If sentenced - or awaiting trial a person can be bonded out of a jail - if not on an immigration hold. I do believe Sheriff Joe recently lost the ability to check the documented status of persons within his jails - another story altogether.

It looks as if Tammi has contacted a Bail Bonds Company. There is not much information available regarding the incarceration. Although it should be public record. Sheriff Joe even has had webcams in holding cells - intake areas - so the general public can view Friday / Saturday nights processing of individuals in custody.

Local AZ media reports have stated they had scheduled jailhouse interview with Tammi - but she backed out .

Whenever a reference is made to no A/C - Tent City is the only Maricopa County facility of this nature. All other jails are indoors and equipped with A/C.

Pink is Sheriff Joe trademark - so to speak. The inmates are transported in pink handcuffs. In custody - pink boxers are County issue. In Tent City the men can be seen wearing only the pink boxers. As temps reach 110 and beyond. Living outdoors for as long as a year. With only military tents as refuge from direct sun - but not heat. Sheriff Joe offers his pink boxers for purchase on one of the official MCSO websites.
    Where was the information that she contacted a bail bondsman?
    Could she have been contacting them about her bail before when
    she was out on bond?
    Why do you think she would need one now?
    With this case you can never tell!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:

If Tammi did contact a bondsman, I suspect it would be to get her bond back that was paid to keep her out of jail back in 2010.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast