Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Here is the video I was talking about. So bizarre.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0"]Tom Cruise Scientology Video - ( Original UNCUT ) - YouTube[/ame]

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TexasLori For This Useful Post:

Tomorrow I am going to dig deeper about the head of the *church* Migv-I don't know how to spell his name right now-LOL-But his wife disappearance has me wanting to know more about him & her!!!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    Tomorrow I am going to dig deeper about the head of the *church* Migv-I don't know how to spell his name right now-LOL-But his wife disappearance has me wanting to know more about him & her!!!
    Please let us know what you find.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TexasLori For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    To add to my above post.

What would happen if during a trip to visit her father she was placed on a Seaorg ship and sailed away? With TC's wealth and power what do you believe would happen to him?

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy. I really want to know what consequences he would face.
    From the research I have been doing SeaOrg has not had ships since 1975. It is land based. In 1987 they purchased a ship called "La Bohème", which they later renamed "Freewinds". The highest levels of Scientology are taught on this ship. In April 2008, "Freewinds" was sealed for extensive asbestos contamination. SeaOrg's land bases are located in several places around the world. Only SeaOrg members are staff members in Scientology's Advanced Organizations.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org"]Sea Org - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    http://exscientologykids.com/seaorg.html

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLori View Post
    SNIPPED The ones where he is saying (among other things) that as a Scientologist, if you see a car accident you are compelled to stop and help because you are the only person who can help because of what you have been taught.
    What Cruise is talking about is (from what I remember) the technology called "touch back". The premise is that whenever we are injured, our bodies hold that memory, and it can cause additional pain, because we are fearful of more pain. Thus we block out experiences of pain, which will come out/backfire at some time, and cause more pain. It's a repressed memory with some sort of power to magnify. And it's thought that if you experience the actual pain, it is less devastating to the person hurting than if you block it out.

And there is also a component of transferred energy, from your body to the item you were hurt with (a car accident, a bee sting, et cetera), and that item has also transferred energy to you, thus creating a block of pain.

The touch back is done, supposedly, to reconnect the soul to the body, so that pain can be felt and experienced at the actual level, and not a greater, imagined, built up level. What you/the sci practitioner does, is literally touch back to the item, to transfer the energy *back* to the item instead of "storing" it.

Say, for example, you fell off your bike and hit the curb. Your knee is bloody and skinned. In a touchback, you place your knee to the curb, and "experience the pain fully", and repeatedly do that until there is no more pain to experience. Thus the energy has been adequately re-transferred, and you're no longer hurting. If it is unsuccessful, the practitioner then instructs the sufferer to "return to an earlier time where you experienced the same pain. Feel it fully." And so on. Until the sufferer has no more pain.

That is one aspect of what Cruise is talking about when he says "we are the ONLY ones who can help." He believes that scientology (please note the lack of capitalization...it does not deserve status as a proper name) has created a way to "handle" issues like this, and that only scientologists can free the pain sufferer from repressed pain memories, which are a block to feeling life fully.

That's the general idea behind a touchback. It's been a very long time since I was exposed to that practice, so I may have some of the explanations wrong, or the concepts a tad off. But that's the basic idea.

Personally, I prefer vicodin to touchback, but to each their own. LOL.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    LOL. That was me last night!

Anyhow, not really. Because then, the court would be putting on trial what the government has deemed a legitimate religion. The court is not going to hear a parade of witnesses talk about their personal experiences with the group, if not directly relevant to Suri's actual experiences. Courts just don't do that.

If, however, Katie can show that probable harm may occur to Suri as a result of certain practices like seaorg., she can get orders prohibiting that particular activity, but it is highly unlikely, unless at a future date she can show the church has harmed Suri, that the court will interfere in private, parental decisions about religion, especially when it is the religion the whole family has practiced since the kid was born and nothing has changed in the church to make it more dangerous.
    Couldn't a judge rule that new evidence accumulated since the original decision has now revealed it to be a cult? It would probably rise up the ladder of courts I'd think.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

There is very little to be found about the missing wife of DM. I've done all kind of searches and not much at all pops up about her. Lots pop up about DM himself though. I did notice that T Davis claims to know exactly where the missing wife is.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Couldn't a judge rule that new evidence accumulated since the original decision has now revealed it to be a cult? It would probably rise up the ladder of courts I'd think.
    You mean new info since the gov determined they were a tax exempt religion? Well, no. The family court is not going to put the religion on trial in that manner.

If there were specific threats, such as threats to the child herself or an overall environment that indicated imminent threat of death to the child, then they would explore those aspects and rule accordingly. But otherwise, hundreds of stories unrelated to the Cruise family, by ex-members of a group that has hundreds of thousands of members, is not going to get air time in the family court.

Courts are careful not to dissect religions.

An example of when they can act would be the Kiri Jewell case. She lived on a compound with her mother (Branch Davidians). She visited her father now and again. Then he got wind of the suicide drills and war drills, the hard core physical and sexual abuse of all kids at the compound and how Kiri was being specifically groomed to be the next wife of Koresh. He had a hearing and got custody.

This is not close to what is going on with scientology which has hundreds of thousands of members all over the world.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    You mean new info since the gov determined they were a tax exempt religion? Well, no. The family court is not going to put the religion on trial in that manner.

If there were specific threats, such as threats to the child herself or an overall environment that indicated imminent threat of death to the child, then they would explore those aspects and rule accordingly. But otherwise, hundreds of stories unrelated to the Cruise family, by ex-members of a group that has hundreds of thousands of members, is not going to get air time in the family court.

Courts are careful not to dissect religions.

An example of when they can act would be the Kiri Jewell case. She lived on a compound with her mother (Branch Davidians). She visited her father now and again. Then he got wind of the suicide drills and war drills, the hard core physical and sexual abuse of all kids at the compound and how Kiri was being specifically groomed to be the next wife of Koresh. He had a hearing and got custody.

This is not close to what is going on with scientology which has hundreds of thousands of members all over the world.
    scientology doesn't do things that hideous, but they do things that are really bad. JMO

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

It's only been a week or so right? The bitterness begins:

Tom Cruise Katie is Using Suri As a Weapon

"Although Tom now has "absolutely no contact with Katie," his people are negotiating/bickering with Katie's people over when and how Tom can talk to Suri. We're told Tom does speak with his daughter by phone at least once a day, but sources connected with Tom say it hasn't been easy."

more at link:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/05/tom-cr...vorce-contact/

ETA: If you note from the entire article, he talks to Suri daily. How is that keeping her away from him? He was back in the U.S. between films, but he stayed in LA, not NY. How is that keeping Suri from him? He chose to hang out in LA not go to see his daughter....That is his choice. I think we all know he can afford a hotel room or even a flat if he wanted one. Seems he is keeping himself from his daughter to me. I think the first hearing is the 17th, so he can wait to have plans written out for him by a few attorneys and a Judge since he cannot seem to do this on his own.
    Last edited by 21merc7; 07-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

And this more extensive article explains why TC is in LA. Divorce and custody is so ugly for little ones, sigh:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-daughter-suri

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Fond this blog, this guy has lots to say. Don't know if it has been posted yet, I apologize if it has.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

"Ann Tidman is not Shelly Miscavige.

So where is Shelly?

The best information we have comes from John Brousseau, who escaped from Int Base in 2010.

Before he left, he says that it was common knowledge at Int Base, which is near Hemet, California, east of Los Angeles, that Shelly was being held at another base about 60 miles away -- the headquarters of the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), a complex in the mountains above LA."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...isappeared.php

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

RE the rumored marriage contracts and wife "auditions"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1643267.html

"That urban legend probably grew out of a misunderstanding of what actually did occur," said Tony Ortega, editor-in-chief of the Village Voice, in an email to The Huffington Post. Ortega claimed that "several young women were vetted by the church and 'tried out' as Tom's next wife before Katie Holmes was chosen" and that each was required to sign multiple nondisclosure agreements before they dated Cruise -- a "standard procedure in the church."

"The church was being very careful as it helped Tom find a new wife. Although Cruise and the church were successful keeping that quiet at the time, it was only after he and Nicole split up in 2000 that Cruise gradually began getting back into Scientology in a big way," he said.

"By 2004, he was very gung-ho, and the process for finding him a new wife, this one approved by the church, was under way," he said.

Ortega, who has been covering Scientology since 1995, said he has interviewed hundreds of people about the history of the church -- an institution where Cruise ranks second or third in command, according to celebrity biographer Andrew Morton, author of "Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography."
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

The Village Voice blog on scientology is one of the best and most accurate. Most of the commenters are ex-members.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    "Ann Tidman is not Shelly Miscavige.

So where is Shelly?

The best information we have comes from John Brousseau, who escaped from Int Base in 2010.

Before he left, he says that it was common knowledge at Int Base, which is near Hemet, California, east of Los Angeles, that Shelly was being held at another base about 60 miles away -- the headquarters of the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), a complex in the mountains above LA."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...isappeared.php

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truecrimejunkie For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast