Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1147
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,568
    I hope this sky rockets KH's career-she is going to be known as one girl who helped bring COS to its knees!!

    I think Misg is going to be only left with TC in the end-His father is gone,brother is gone,niece gone,secretary gone
    & his wife is missing-that many people leaving should tell him something


  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:


  3. #542
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,494
    Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...-great-escape/

    This couple was kept apart for 7 yrs..
    I just googled "scientology gold base" b/c of this article. Needless to say there are plenty of disturbing videos and articles. What the heck??!!

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.


  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:


  5. #543
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,408
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-marty-rathbun

    Marty Rathbun, Tom Cruise's former auditor with the Church of Scientology, tells RadarOnline.com exclusively that the Mission Impossible star chose his religion over his 6-year-old daughter, Suri, with Katie Holmes.


  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:


  7. #544
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nothing to see here, move along...
    Posts
    7,965
    I believe that disconnect was applied, and the only/fastest/best way for that to happen was to sign whatever Katie wanted him to sign, and move off and fast.

    I am soooo in awe of Katie. She took on TC, the "church of scientology," and all it's rabid members (not, in respect to Pax, all practitioners of scientology, just those hard core 'radical fundamentalists'). She plotted, planned, got help, and got out...with her daughter.

    Rock on, Katie...rock on.

    Now, to just dismantle the rest of the radical fundies of CoS...because to me, it's a dangerous, violent cult which is not focused on God or eternity, but on money and brainwashing.

    Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

    Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.


  8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:


  9. #545
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,568
    I wonder how TC & DM feel now that the tables have turned on them as Katie gets to keep Suri away from the *church*as in disconnect!!
    I am with Herding Cats-Rock on Katie!!!


  10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:


  11. #546
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    I believe that disconnect was applied, and the only/fastest/best way for that to happen was to sign whatever Katie wanted him to sign, and move off and fast.

    I am soooo in awe of Katie. She took on TC, the "church of scientology," and all it's rabid members (not, in respect to Pax, all practitioners of scientology, just those hard core 'radical fundamentalists'). She plotted, planned, got help, and got out...with her daughter.

    Rock on, Katie...rock on.

    Now, to just dismantle the rest of the radical fundies of CoS...because to me, it's a dangerous, violent cult which is not focused on God or eternity, but on money and brainwashing.

    Best-
    Herding Cats
    I think what Katie did to TC and the COS is called a good whoopin! I agree totally. She rocks. Even if she never makes another movie she'll go down in history for what she did here. She pulled off the world's fastest divorce settlement and sent them all away to hide in their corners like the financial vampires they are. JMO


  12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  13. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,494
    I just wish I could be as positive about it as you guys. I think KH needs to keep herself and Suri as public as possible, for the rest of their lives.

    I doubt DM and TC, et. al., are going to just take not being in total control laying down. There is an army of followers out there to do any bidding.

    Sorry to say, I am a negative person. I am far from "clear", "one with all", or any other terms you would like to apply. Lol. Hey wait, I think I fall into conspiracy theorist...

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.


  14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:


  15. #548
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,494
    "“The second that [Nicole Kidman] was free, she exploded... now she is one of the golden actresses of our time. If Katie can realize that this is the beginning of her life as a legitimate actress and she chooses her roles incredibly carefully, she will go in that same vein.”

    - Hollywood casting director Doron Ofir"

    This article seems to think KH will do quite well now. I especially like the advice in the "love" section about choosing a different kind of man, even though I don't think she chose TC. I think she had a little girl crush on him and the Church chose her for that reason. (The poster in her room thing.) So off to Princess fairytale land she was carted, at a price.

    http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...560/story.html

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:


  17. #549
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nothing to see here, move along...
    Posts
    7,965
    21Mer, I agree. She will be in danger for a while. Like others who've "left" or "damaged" the "church" in some way, they will be coming after her, over time, and there will be a solid attack on her at some point.

    BUT: I think that we, as a society, now being more aware of the insanely radical aspect of the "church", will begin to put more pressure. I'm not sure KH and Suri will be good targets - they're too public, too paparazzi'd.

    There is NO way that KH or Suri could be 'disappeared' for 7 years like Miscavige's wife Shelley...not without a huge uproar and Mr. Holmes mounting a serious investigation...not 7 years after the fact. 7 minutes, if KH and S go missing...and I bet a nickel that won't happen.

    Yes, KH will be a target. She will be "black PR'd." She will probably be involved in some sort of scandal within a few years. She must be careful of all that.

    Still. And still. This "little girl" KH was seen as is no longer in existence. She has accomplished a whole heck of a lot - in a very short time period - and that is not to be ignored.

    And frankly, I think that TC is so weird and so many people didn't understand what KH saw in him in the first place, that we are all on her side and NONE are siding with TC - especially after all this stuff has come out.

    Public opinion is CoS's radical element's biggest enemy. People who had NO idea that Gold existed, or what a disconnect was, or what an e-meter is...now are aware. And that doesn't go down well with a whole lot of folks.

    In my most wildest imagination, I dream that KH's action was able to somehow spark an IRS investigation on the radical elements. And that, somehow, CoS loses their tax exempt status (at least in part).

    My opinions have NOTHING to do with the tenents of CoS's beliefs. It has everything to do with Lisa McP, Shelley Miscavige, the MIL of DM suicide, the "Hole", Gold, and everything else that's horrifically abusive and destructive.

    And while some will argue that all religion is destructive and abusive, the church that I've gone to (sporadically) for more than 15 years doesn't have a Lisa McP., hasn't disappeared the pastor's wife, pastor's MIL has not suicided with 4 or 5 gunshots, and there is no 'disconnect' at all for anyone. And it's free to attend...because I haven't tithed, and not one person has ever asked me for tithing directly, or pressured me to put money into the church for classes.

    It's those elements which have come out in recent days (shoot, not even 2 weeks) that make the case for removing the tax exempt status...and "undeclaring" this as a religious institution, at least in part (the radical aspects of it).

    As always, MOO, imho, and all that.

    Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

    Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.


  18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:


  19. #550
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,408
    I for one do not believe that katie just up and wanted out, and in a week(10 days) snap it was done. She knows something. She found out something. Something. jmo


  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:


  21. #551
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    780
    I find it amusing/hypocritical that Scientology is so anti psychiatry since psycho therapy is what they do/are - minus the important sacredness of therapy sessions that psychiatry offers. I have no issue with addressing stressors in life and seeking emotional/mental peace - all for it. But the people who guide you should truly know what they're doing so they don't do more harm then good, and all that should be protected whether you remain in treatment or not. I don't even object to paying for "treatment" as long as those fees are reasonable.

    Do you have any input on your auditor? I mean the relationship between a Dr/therapist and their patient contributes greatly to the success of the therapy.

    I can also see the lure - as someone who has been through therapy (not scientology) I loved it! When you're struggling emotionally, there is nothing better then letting those feelings out and working through them. I'd get up in the morning on therapy days really eager and come out of it feeling so rejuvanated.

    The concept of emotional/mental freedom is a good one, just easily abused. Has Miscavige made scientology "worse" - absolutely. But I will not give Hubbard a free ride - I think his base motivation was himself, not the liberation of humanity.

    And I'm sorry, but any lifestyle that makes you cut off family and loved ones only because they don't follow your "religion" is simply wrong regardless of their good points. Maybe if those people were bad people by generally accepted moral/legal standards but simply because they walk away from scientology? That's just wrong and you can't justify or explain it to where I would accept it. It's no different then racism. In fact on the history channel right now is something about someone who made the same demands on his followers - a guy named Hitler.


  22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Malapoo For This Useful Post:


  23. #552
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NWLA
    Posts
    4,693
    This is in no way a defense of CO$ or it's minions, but I do think that it important not to gauge a religious group based on the actions of a few. Not every person who subscribes to a particular faith makes the best spokesperson for that faith.

    I had a friend who served with her family as a Christian missionary overseas for a number of years. She was strong in her faith and was always rushing to and fro, working to help others and minister to them.

    One lady who worked with my friend but was not a Christian asked her one day "Do you truly believe Heaven is waiting for you when you die?" and "Does your love of your Jesus really wash away the sin from your heart?".

    My friend enthusiastically replied "Yes!" to both questions, thinking she had opened up an opportunity to witness.

    The lady then said with a puzzled look, "If I believed these things, I would smile more than you do."

    IOW, sometimes people become so wrapped up in the religion, that they miss out on the spirituality. It doesn't make them fakes, just people who lost sight of WHY they believe.

    That said, I think the CO$ is a dangerous cult, but I do think perhaps there are many members who are there for pure (however misguided) reasons, even if they appear stressed or "weird".

    Ultimately, though, when a religion quashes one's spirituality then it is IMO, time to get OUT!


  24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:


  25. #553
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,408
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1111256

    Tom Cruise's former personal counselor in Scientology says the religion's leader, David Miscavige is the real problem behind the actor's troubled marriages.


  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:


  27. #554
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,200
    Off Topic:

    I've gone back and looked at a lot of pictures of Suri from the past couple of weeks. Because I noticed something about her. I had not really paid attention to TC and KH or their collective family. I don't remember seeing that many pictures of Suri herself.

    I am beginning to wonder if Suri may not have some issues (cognitive or otherwise) that KH wants to have treated by the medical community (because I'm under the impression that Scientology doesn't support that avenue).

    I know that you can't tell by looking at pictures who someone is, how they interact with people or their family....etc....

    I don't want to get blased but something keeps tickling at the back of my head that perhaps Suri might have some sensory integration issues or perhaps fall on the autism spectrum? Or something along those lines?

    If so, I applaud KH for seeking to remove her daughter in order to find the best theraputic situation for her. (think about Jett Travolta and his experience and theraputic treatments or lack thereof caused by his parents religious beliefs).

    Sorry for the off topic, I've just been contemplating this a bit today.


  28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  29. #555
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    10,889
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Why would this not have to be filed in the court? Is it because they came to their own agreement?

    http://online.wsj.com/article/AP3480...ac9316da7.html

    Mindel said the next step would be for Holmes or Cruise to file to have their status changed to divorced, but that the actual financial and child custody details won't get filed in court unless there's some later dispute.
    I found that to be strange statement. A settlement agreement would absolutely be filed in court as a judgment. It's just that in NY, the settlement agreement can be sealed and kept private from the public. Actually, one can petition to have a sealed case in CA too, but it's not as easy. I'm not sure why the attorney said it wouldn't be "filed" in court unless there is a later dispute. I have never heard of that. None of the terms of the settlement have the force of law and are enforceable without it being a signed (and filed ) court order. That means that if something happened over a holiday or weekend, one party could not call the cops to enforce the parenting arrangement unless it was officially filed.

    I think that is a misquote.

    Quote Originally Posted by PAXIMUS View Post
    The purification process involves taking about 30 times the regular dose of NIACIN and other B vitamins as they believe this cleans your system out, often you can see those who are going through this process as the heavy doses of niacin will cause them to break out with herpes like sores on their lips and face, take a look back and when TC and KH first got married she was all broke out with herpes like sores on her face and lips that is when she was going through the purification rundown, I am sure you can google that and find the pics I seen them back when it was going on and seen it in a lot of people I know who did the rundown including myself back in college, it is quite the interesting experience to say the least. You sit in steamrooms and saunas for up to 8 hours a day during this ritual and then run for another 2 to 3 hours and you eat very little just basically some fruit and oatmeal for about 2 months and lots of water.

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Katie...ual-5417.shtml

    Here is one example of Katie at the time she was doing the detox rundown, you can see the rash and herpes like sores on her lips which are a side effect of niacin overdose and vitamin toxicity:

    Here's some articles, video and photos of katie with purple hands she had to deal with due to the detox regimen: http://www.topsocialite.com/katie-holmes-purple-hands/
    http://perezhilton.com/2008-07-18-scientology-hands
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZbaHkqZUYI"]Katie Holmes and her purple hands - YouTube[/ame]

    Quote Originally Posted by PAXIMUS View Post
    Being reported on Today Show that it is OVER a deal has been reached and there will be no court or anything further from here on out, it seems TC, the COS and DM have lost a lot of their luster and a good old boy lawyer from Toledo Ohio outsmarted them all and saved his daughter and grand daughter from a living hell, TC and DM walked away with tail between their legs and this is yet more evidence that it is an organization in great decline and DM is losing control fast the ship is sinking and the rats are scattering.
    I hope you are right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    I believe that disconnect was applied, and the only/fastest/best way for that to happen was to sign whatever Katie wanted him to sign, and move off and fast.

    I am soooo in awe of Katie. She took on TC, the "church of scientology," and all it's rabid members (not, in respect to Pax, all practitioners of scientology, just those hard core 'radical fundamentalists'). She plotted, planned, got help, and got out...with her daughter.

    Rock on, Katie...rock on.

    Now, to just dismantle the rest of the radical fundies of CoS...because to me, it's a dangerous, violent cult which is not focused on God or eternity, but on money and brainwashing.

    Best-
    Herding Cats
    I agree! I'm so in awe of her as well. I mean, really. She is one tough cookie. Who would have known?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Off Topic:

    I've gone back and looked at a lot of pictures of Suri from the past couple of weeks. Because I noticed something about her. I had not really paid attention to TC and KH or their collective family. I don't remember seeing that many pictures of Suri herself.

    I am beginning to wonder if Suri may not have some issues (cognitive or otherwise) that KH wants to have treated by the medical community (because I'm under the impression that Scientology doesn't support that avenue).

    I know that you can't tell by looking at pictures who someone is, how they interact with people or their family....etc....

    I don't want to get blased but something keeps tickling at the back of my head that perhaps Suri might have some sensory integration issues or perhaps fall on the autism spectrum? Or something along those lines?

    If so, I applaud KH for seeking to remove her daughter in order to find the best theraputic situation for her. (think about Jett Travolta and his experience and theraputic treatments or lack thereof caused by his parents religious beliefs).

    Sorry for the off topic, I've just been contemplating this a bit today.
    I would have sensory integration issues too if a da&n camera was in my face every second since birth. Poor kid seems overwhelmed with the constant media presence which may cause her to want the comfort and security of a blankie or stuffed animal or to be held by her parents.

    Can you imagine how strange that would be to be "watched" all the time by strangers, if you were a kid?

    Really, the parents choose this but the kids don't. I think the harassment of celebs' kids should be illegal. They should be forced to blur the faces and not allowed to get within a certain amount of feet of them when carrying a recording device of any kind.

    Whatever happened to common decency? They are just kids. This carp didn't happen in the 50's. Why don't they just leave those poor kids alone? (I sound like Pink Floyd!).

    In other news, I believe Katie came out on top. She got sole custody, Suri will reside primarily in NY and she likely got the power to make most decisions. But, I disagree that Suri will only see her dad under heavily supervised conditions a mere couple times per year for photo ops.

    He is going to have significant time with her.

    I just hope whatever safeguards Katie put in place will be enough to protect her daughter from alienation and indoctrination.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."


  30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes/Scientology - MERGED THREADS
    By Jeana (DP) in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 569
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM
  2. Tom Cruise/Scientology/Katie - Merged
    By IdahoMom in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 679
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 07:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •