GUILTY TX - Claudia Hidic, 17, fatally shot in Fort Worth home invasion, 28 June 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
FW police: Man finds body of unknown woman at rental house (wfaa.com)
FORT WORTH - A murder mystery in Fort Worth has rattled the nerves of neighbors.

A man told police he arrived to his rental home at about 6 p.m. Thursday to find his door kicked in and an unknown woman fatally shot at his back door. Investigators said the man does not know the woman.
---
Fort Worth Police have shared few details since the body was discovered.
---
the rest at link above

:waitasec:this almost is an item for the "bizarre" category. Surely someone wouldn't be dumb enough to concoct a scenario such as this to say, "it wasn't me... I didn't do it".
My first guess: someone was chasing her and she broke into the home trying to get away and was followed in and..........
Kind of a poorly written article, I thought.
More of the story will come out when she is identified, I assume.

What do you think?

What in the world? Guess I should have watched local news this AM. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Articles-wise, not much to go by yet. Here's another, which does have the address and a video, but nothing much else:

Man finds woman shot dead outside back door (the33TV.com)

This was only the second weirdest Ft. Worth headline overnight. First went to....

Man flees after being seen loading corpse into SUV in Fort Worth (dallasnews.com)

They've since identified the body but still seek the corpse-loader.

ETA:

The Star-Telegram's article, just up:

Fort Worth resident finds woman shot dead at his back door
---
At 10 a.m. Friday, a crime scene van remained parked behind the house, which is divided into three separate residences. All three homes share a driveway.
---
The neighbor described the man who lived in the home where the body was found as "a really good guy."
---

Interesting. Im gonna try to keep up w this. Back in the day that area was the ' old money' hood. Not sure about now.

RIP to the victim. I know somebodys heart must be broken today. :(

well, thanks, a tad more information and now I'm thinking about what this poor guy just going about his business had to (and has to) deal with. Guess his whole life will be turned upside down and inside out. I hope this crime will be solved quickly so if he is not involved in this death he can begin to get back to normal as soon as possible.

I'm telling ya..........the news just gets stranger everyday.
Ft. Worth is no stranger to mysterious crimes. though.

Just heard on NBC5 the victim is a 16 year old??

This happened not far from where I live. I went by the house this evening.

It is in a nicer part of town, very busy. There is an elementary school across the street, a park across the other street, and a condominium area in the rear.

The police arrived at 6:15 which means the crime probably happened earlier. That school is well used as a baseball practice field for Y baseball, etc. I'm sure there were people at the school. Various reports also say people were working on an AC unit the the driveway of that rental house.

It is also strange that this girl is from an area of town about 20-25 miles away.

This one story has the strangest part. A guy says he was in the park across the street, heard three loud noises (like fireworks), saw 4 girls and a dog run from the house, yet he doesn't call police or anything. Strangely, the story doesn't state what time this occurred. And, this is the only site that ir reporting this "witness" story.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/06/29/family-and-friends-mourn-teenagers-death/

I don't see how a place that is as busy as this one was could have someone get shot there without people seeing it. It was a renter who was renting the house, not the landlord, who called it in.

I think the police are keeping their cards against their vests on this one.

Mystery as girl, 17, who dreamed of being an actress is found shot dead in stranger's backyard (Sunday Mail)
A 17-year-old aspiring actress was found face down after being shot in the head outside a house in a quiet neighborhood on Thursday.

The owner of the duplex told police he arrived home at 6pm and found the body of Claudia Hidic lying in his backyard and his door kicked in. He said he did not know the girl.

Miss Hidic, a German national, lived in the area of Fort Worth, Texas with her sister.
---
more, with pictures, at link above

Very sad and strange story. We used to live about a 3 minute walk from there (around the corner on Bellaire, for the locals). It was quiet back then (1990s).

Very sad and strange story. We used to live about a 3 minute walk from there (around the corner on Bellaire, for the locals). It was quiet back then (1990s).

I used to live over near campus back then, too. This was a nice area. I wonder what the heck happened to this beautiful girl. A strange story, indeed.

Im a local and saw this on the news. So sad, and this is such a nice party of town

To be honest, I don't know if this renter guy has anything to do with this murder, but, ........... if I were in his place, I'd probably stop talking to LE too.

I know it sounds suspicious, but he CLAIMS he didn't know the girl, but LE did search his house, which I assume was under a SW, so that's kinda' scary, :moo:

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie