677 users online (64 members and 613 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, London, 28 July 1986

Disappearance of Suzy Lamplugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Suzy Lamplugh was an estate agent who vanished in July 1986, Fulham London. She left one afternoon to show a house in Fulham and never returned. The only clues were

1) she had left a note in her diary at her desk saying '12.45 Mr. Kipper – 37 Shorrolds Road O/S' (o/s meant outside)

2) an old man who lived opposite the house she was showing reported seeing a young couple argueing

3) her car was found a few streets away, with the drivers seat too far back for Suzy to have been the last driver.

And thats it, after twenty-six years nothing else has been found despite numerous searches - she was the biggest missing person searches carried out in the Uk at the time. She had no reason to disappear, and none of her belongings or her money were taken by her. She appeared happy with her life. Convicted murderer and seriel rapist John Cannon has long been a suspect due to his history, the fact he was in the rough area at the time (he might have not long been released from wormwood scrubs, but not certain) , the fact that it had been claimed his nickname was kipper, and a girlfriend of his claimed he confessed once. But nothing else was found to tie him to it and he has never been charged, although he remians in prison for the kidnap, rape and murder of a young woman from Bristol in the 1980s.
    One thing of interest is that Suzy once wored on a cruise ship at the same time as Steve Wright who a few years ago was put in prison for the spree killing of five prostitutes in Ipswich. No other connection to him was ever found.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Interesting case to be sure. thanks for posting this one.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Yes, very interesting and dark. I have it at #55 on my foremost 500 classic unsolved murders list.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

It is really sad, I believe her mother had dementia for some time before her death, and so not only did she never learn her daughter's fate, she could not remember her before her death either.
    But I remember her mother being interviewed and in soem ways she was quite stoic, she said not long after the disappearence she accepted Suzy had been murdered, and then later the family decided that they could accept not getting a body back. They just seemed to want the man responsible to get justice, but that never really happened. the one consolation was that John cannon, whom the family believed committed the crime was at least in prison for life. I personally think it will be just down to chance if they ever do find her - someone doing building work in a house etc.

Didn't Suzy date him? Maybe I am wrong re her dating Cannon, but didn't he say in prison that Suzy was in a place where she would never be found and that she had "company"?

Here's a link to that scriptgirl
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rder-case.html

''One inmate claimed he was told by Cannan that Suzy was buried in an old Army camp.

When asked by another prisoner why he didn't just admit to killing Suzy and have it out of the way, he allegedly replied: 'It's not as simple as that. She's not by herself - she's got company.''

John Cannan could also be connected to Melanie Hall
    http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/mi...31-25006591/2/

Melanie Hall thread here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=melanie+hall

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Is Cannan in for the Whole Life Tariff? If so, what does he have to lose?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I think he's in for the whole life without parole. The Psychiatrists might say it's control.

Thanks, Robin Hood. I knew I read that somewhere.

I read a book about Cannon and his possible link to Suzy. IIRC he was staying at a hostel around the corner from either the estate agency, or the house she went to view. He hadn't long been released from prison, and the hostel was for recent ex-prisoners. They could never prove or disprove his whereabouts.

There was also something in the book about some building work that was being done in the area, and no one picked up on it at the time, but they were digging foundations of a building, that is now still in use. There was a theory he buried her there, and now it's not possible to do a full search.

Sorry for the sketchy details, the book was read a few years ago.

EDIT:

Also, it would appear Fred West is also being considered as a suspect in her murder:
    http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/A...ail/story.html
    Last edited by Littlegreenlady; 04-24-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added a link

There is a tv programme available on YouTube about the case. I don't remember the title.

I really wish to see this case solved one day. It is saddening how after so many searches, tips etc...the never had a solid lead.

I came to see if there was a thread about this. Whenever I read about Claudia Lawrence's case (which has ramped up a bit these last few days) it reminds me of Suzy.

It does sound like Cannan is a likely suspect. I hope her family get the truth someday.

Can it be verified that John Cannan's nick name was "Kipper"? If it is true, that would pretty much settle the issue. Rumors like that do seem to pop up during every high profile investigation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast