MI MI - Zyia Turner, 17 mos, Detroit, 29 June 2012

No! Not again. :( Please let this baby be found safe.

So uncle said she wandered away? How far does a one yr old get before someone notices she is gone?

So frightening! Praying for this sweet baby....how could she get very far at 17 months without someone spotting her?

just heard this on the radio coming home from our baseball tournament.. I knew you guys would be all over it..

Hope she is found safe and sound and like....NOW!

“She responds to her name. Za-Za. We call her Za-Za and Ziya bing. I don’t know what to say, I just want my baby to come back,” said James.
James said that she has a good relationship wtih Ziya's father, that he is also the father of Ziya's 2-year-old and 6-year-old brothers. Her father showed up to be with the rest of the family at the grandmother's home.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/17-month-old-girl-missing-in-detroit#ixzz1zFClWJb9

--------

The story does not add up, imo. That is a heavily populated residential area. It was 4 pm in broad daylight in a neighborhood full of kids. Someone would have seen her toddling off if she wandered away, imo.

I suppose there is a slim chance that a waiting perp randomly got the chance to grab her first thing. But it seems unlikely, imo.

Noooooo! Not another one. :tears:

18000 brinker street detroit - Google Maps

general area

fwiw.. first thing my son did when we got home from baseball was turn on the teevee.. (we are about an hour from the D but are in a remote area so have to use dish)..

they were breaking into programing on dish like every 20 minutes or so talking about this

I really hope this little girl is found safe but after precious Carnel I don't have much faith left. When is this going to stop happening?

Praying this baby girl is found soon.

I don't understand how she just vanished without anyone seeing anything. I really hope this is a story with a happy ending.

18000 brinker street detroit - Google Maps

general area

fwiw.. first thing my son did when we got home from baseball was turn on the teevee.. (we are about an hour from the D but are in a remote area so have to use dish)..

they were breaking into programing on dish like every 20 minutes or so talking about this

If she did wander out the front door she would have been right by a bus stop, it looks like anyway. That is not good.

Sgt. Alan Quinn said the girl, Zyia Roch-Qelle Alsyssa Turner, turned up missing around 3:45 p.m. Friday.

Quinn said an uncle was babysitting the girl and a few other siblings and cousins and left the kids alone and went into his bedroom. When he returned, Zyia was gone and the other children were unsure where she’d gone.===========================

I'd like to know how many older kids were around and how old they were.

Hope this map comes thru....sex offenders within 1 mile radius of Brinker St.

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSOR_Radius.aspx

ETA: Nope you'll need to key in 18000 Brinker St. Maybe someone can do a screen cap? I don't know how. tia

Wait....the uncle was "babysitting" but he left the children (Zyia, a few other siblings and cousins) and he went into his bedroom. How long was uncle in his bedroom? Was he taking a nap, a break, because all those children wore him out? There are many things wrong with this "story". I don't believe that little girl walked out of that house on her own. She couldn't hide from passersby. People don't ignore tiny little toddlers toddling around all alone on city streets. I believe something happened to this child, and even if it was due to negligence somebody has to be held responsible..

I am so sick of reading about the "disappearance" of innocents.

this is my honest heartfelt opinion

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/17-month-old-girl-missing-in-detroit

Ziya Turner was last seen in at her grandmother's home in the 18000 block of Brinker on Detroit's east side. The home is in the area of 7 Mile and Conant.

“I just, I just want my baby,” said mother Erica James. “My baby doesn’t go to anybody.

Later in the article ..

An uncle and another adult babysitting Ziya and some other children panicked when they could not find the 17-month-old. James had been resting at home from a surgery earlier in the day when she got the frantic call.

Also I would like to know what time this fire started. Wasnt there a case of arson to surrounding a childs murder last year in detroit? I hope this isnt the case here. The bridge apears to be 12 to 13 miles from the 1800 block of brinker.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/large-fire-burning-near-ambassador-bridge

ETA link for the case from last year in detroit.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/30/burned-body-identified-as-missing-detroit-girl/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back