Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OR - Chase Cook, 22, Medford, 23 June 2012

OR - Chase Cook, 22, Medford, 23 June 2012

Police look for missing 22-year-old

Chase Cook's family is looking for him.

Police say the 22-year-old was last seen on Saturday around 9:29 p.m. at the East Main Minute Market, 610 E. Main Street.

More: http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-...vid_1496.shtml

City of Medford release - http://www.ci.medford.or.us/News.asp?NewsID=3859

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Truck Spotted But Man Is Still Missing

[snip]

His truck was spotted along Highway 238 in Williams on Thursday...

More: http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news...dford-man.html

Mother of missing Medford man speaks out

[snip]

Johnson says it's not like her son to take off with only the shirt on his back. However lately, he hasn't been himself.

"He was laid off from Erickson Air-Crane a few months ago," Johnson said. "He really became very reclusive and rarely left his apartment, just emmersing himself in video games."

But just before Cook went missing, Johnson said he stopped playing video games and told other gamers he was done. Also, she says her son bought a gun a few weeks ago. Johnson says it scares her because she's afraid her son is not fit to take care of himself in the wilderness.

[snip]

Cook is from Colorado, and his mom thinks he may be somewhere hiding out in the mountains and just needs a little direction and motivation.

More: http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-...vid_1514.shtml
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Concerned for Chase...hope he is located safe.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

He's so young. I feel for his mother right now, she must be so worried. Come home safely, Chase.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

Medford man's disappearance remains a mystery

The search has stalled for a Medford man who unexpectedly left all his belongings behind except for a gun and went missing somewhere outside Grants Pass.

[snip]

"They don't know where he went after leaving the Provolt area," Johnson said. "The search has stalled until we know what direction he's headed."

More: http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/207010328

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

There are so many rural areas and thousands and thousands of acres of dense forest... hope they can find this man soon. He looks like many of his age around here- but I will keep my eye out for him.

I find it interesting that he traveled to Grants Pass from Medford (45 min freeway drive). It sounds like he has a specific destination in mind which leads me to believe that it is somewhere he has visited before. If he just wanted privacy in the woods or to camp off the land there are dozens of places he could have stopped before he got out of his truck.

If any of his family reads this, maybe they should rack their brains/ go through his pics and see if there are any campsites/places he frequented in that area if they haven't already done that.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

good....this has been on at least 2 evening news reports, is on city page and on at least a few other sites...

ok...
    here is the fb
    http://www.facebook.com/events/46093...t_mall_comment

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    There are so many rural areas and thousands and thousands of acres of dense forest... hope they can find this man soon. He looks like many of his age around here- but I will keep my eye out for him.

I find it interesting that he traveled to Grants Pass from Medford (45 min freeway drive). It sounds like he has a specific destination in mind which leads me to believe that it is somewhere he has visited before. If he just wanted privacy in the woods or to camp off the land there are dozens of places he could have stopped before he got out of his truck.

If any of his family reads this, maybe they should rack their brains/ go through his pics and see if there are any campsites/places he frequented in that area if they haven't already done that.
    Hi Deca, That kind of fits with what I read in the above link. That his truck was spotted but by the time police got there, the truck was gone.

If he is out there to be by himself and just think I hope he decides to come back to Medford and his mother. I hope he is OK. Is there an update in the Sunday Medford newspaper? {Whoops - Just read your last post ;}

He looks like a big strapping guy. With the info about how he was acting before he disappeared I personally doubt he was taken against his will. MOO

Thanks for the OP SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Have you seen this missing person? Family desperate.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

It is hard to find any happiness in a missing person's situation....but it sounds like he has a huge amount of people looking for him. On the FB page last night people (800+ I think) were showing their support, posting flyers, scouring the coast for his car, etc.

Possible bad news: I just checked the fb page today and Chase's mom wrote that the witness who saw Chase's truck and a man gave a description and the man was clearly not Chase. But it was Chase's truck (everyone seems to believe)

I wonder if Chase left his truck with the keys in it- or sold the truck to someone?
    Last edited by deca; 07-02-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: nonsensical

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

This family is hitting the social media hard trying to find Chase

here is the website
    http://findchase.webs.com/

Lots of people will be out and about this week for the Fourth, hopefully someone will see him!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

This is really heartbreaking...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePhantom For This Useful Post:

Bump for Chase

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Has his cell and internet activity been checked? Has the gun been pawned?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anbeaudre For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by anbeaudre View Post
    Has his cell and internet activity been checked? Has the gun been pawned?
    I haven't heard anything about a cell phone-- his family seems very on top of things and I think if that was a possibility it would have been explored. I know some mention was made that he took nothing with him but the gun...so...sounds like he left it??

Internet: one of the above articles states that he told some fellow gamers that he was not going to be playing (on line) with them anymore. No mention has been made about checking any prior searches, etc. on MSM.

There are some very thoughtful discussions on the family's fb page for Chase. Link in an above post.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

http://www.currycountyreporter.com/n...?story_no=8735

This article states that Chase left his cellphone behind. It also states he might still have the truck (that was in question) and he might have been spotted July 4 in Gold Beach, OR at a gas station.

I really hope the gas station allows LE or his mom to look at the footage they have.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Ill be praying for him.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anbeaudre For This Useful Post:

Missing Person! - Rogue Valley, Oregon - Please spread the word!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Has there been any new information out on this man? I've tried searching for some sort of update but have been unable to find anything. I run a missing persons blog and I'd really like to be able to either cross him off the list or give some sort of update.
    -LE7

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chillinellie For This Useful Post:

I just called the number on the poster (I'm assuming it was a personal number) and asked if there were any updates on his case. She sounded like a very sweet woman but unfortunately she said there hadn't been any updates.
    That's a darn shame.

I really feel like this story had just faded into the shadows.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chillinellie For This Useful Post:

I just checked the family's web page for Chase and there was a recent update FWIW.
    They have a psychic involved working with LE, now.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Do we know what video games he played? Just started following this case after I saw Chase's FB page on one of my friend's page.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

These cases are so sad.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    These cases are so sad.
    I know. There are so many.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast