Former space shuttle, space station astronaut Alan Poindexter dies in jet ski mishap

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Retired space shuttle astronaut, 51, killed by his son in jet ski horror crash (Daily Mail)
A retired astronaut was killed after his son crashed into his jet ski with the one he was riding.

Captain Alan G. Poindexter, 51, was on a jet ski with his 22-year-old son yesterday afternoon when his 26-year-old son crashed into them with another one.
---
Following military service, he was selected by NASA in 1998. He made his first trip into space in 2002 to the International Space Station.
---
Poindexter piloted the Atlantis space shuttle in 2008.
---
the rest, with pictures, at link above

That's so sad. I feel so bad for all of his family but especially the 26 year old son. I really wish they hadn't headlined it that way. This young man shouldn't be made to feel even more responsible for his father's death.

That's so sad. I feel so bad for all of his family but especially the 26 year old son. I really wish they hadn't headlined it that way. This young man shouldn't be made to feel even more responsible for his father's death.

But from what I read, it appears he was responsible, considering that reportedly he hit the jet ski from the rear. However sad that is, I don't expect news to sugar coat it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back