960 users online (192 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anderson Cooper Comes Out

Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."

Snip

Recently, however, Iíve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. Itís become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.

Snip

The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldnít be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast....is-im-gay.html

Sad that people have to 'announce' that they are gay. I love Anderson and don't care about his orientation, just his program.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

This public announcement ranked right up there with Clay Aiken's.

Both were sort of anticlimactic since it has always been obvious to the public that both men are gay and in the case of Anderson, he has never denied his orientation. To me it felt like the announcement was almost a sort of afterthought. I mean, c'mon, he and kathy griffin are tight and if you've ever seen them interacting together, it is obvious that he is her best gay bud.

I totally agree with you Jacie, sad when there has to be an "announcement" in the first place.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

An educated, responsible man with a well earned and deserved career - and one heck of a clever sense of humor.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    No big surprise here, nor does it matter. I've admired AC as a journalist for many years and now enjoy his daytime show. I generally don't like talk shows, but Anderson is refreshing, a real gentleman, and mild-mannered in his approach. He covers a wide range of topics, and I appreciate that AC is not judgmental, nor does he try to influence viewers with his point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."

Snip

Recently, however, Iíve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. Itís become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.

Snip

The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldnít be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast....is-im-gay.html
    I love you Anderson, I don't care about race, creed or sexual persuasions.

I agree with Jacie it is sad you have to anounce that you are gay. Straight people do not have to anounce this.. I have family and friends that are gay and am glad that they are finaly begining to have the same rights as the rest of us.

Who didn't know, that it had to be announced? Surely he didn't think he had a secret.

AC = Anderson Cooper = Absolute Class

I love this man, and respect him even more than I already did, for, as he put it in his letter to the public, "standing up and being counted".
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

AC couldn't get any better. What a great letter, and I'm glad he is standing up to be counted officially.

Excellent reporter, and a true gentleman. And doesn't hurt that he is soooo easy on the eye.
    ďPeace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Have to agree with all those who admire AC so much-he is an intelligent, caring, informative news reporter, and I've always enjoyed his shows. I think it sad that he had to make an "announcement," but am glad he did. I like his confidence and pride. He is satisfied and secure with his life, and that is a wonderful thing.

Pat S

I remember seeing him with Kelly Ripa who was flirting with him and I had to roll my eyes and think "Come on, Kelly! Give me a break please!" and even he was pretty close to admitting it right there to her. No big surprise and congrats for coming out!

This will probably be impossible to believe, but I have never watched AC's show. I have seen him interact though in the media and always assumed he was gay. His show must be great to see so many people who love him. His announcement was obviously something that he felt he needed to do for whatever reason and I applaud him for this.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Good for him!! I think it's sad that people have to announce it too. Does anyone announce that they're a heterosexual? No. What does it even matter?

Either way, I hope he finds much happiness in his life!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

AC is a class act & ever so HOT-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast