Anderson Cooper Comes Out

epiphany

Reaction score
Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."

Snip

Recently, however, I’ve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It’s become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.

Snip

The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/07/anderson-cooper-the-fact-is-im-gay.html

Sad that people have to 'announce' that they are gay. I love Anderson and don't care about his orientation, just his program.

This public announcement ranked right up there with Clay Aiken's.

Both were sort of anticlimactic since it has always been obvious to the public that both men are gay and in the case of Anderson, he has never denied his orientation. To me it felt like the announcement was almost a sort of afterthought. I mean, c'mon, he and kathy griffin are tight and if you've ever seen them interacting together, it is obvious that he is her best gay bud.

I totally agree with you Jacie, sad when there has to be an "announcement" in the first place.

An educated, responsible man with a well earned and deserved career - and one heck of a clever sense of humor.

No big surprise here, nor does it matter. I've admired AC as a journalist for many years and now enjoy his daytime show. I generally don't like talk shows, but Anderson is refreshing, a real gentleman, and mild-mannered in his approach. He covers a wide range of topics, and I appreciate that AC is not judgmental, nor does he try to influence viewers with his point of view. :moo:

Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."

Snip

Recently, however, I’ve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It’s become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.

Snip

The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/07/anderson-cooper-the-fact-is-im-gay.html

I love you Anderson, I don't care about race, creed or sexual persuasions.

I agree with Jacie it is sad you have to anounce that you are gay. Straight people do not have to anounce this.. I have family and friends that are gay and am glad that they are finaly begining to have the same rights as the rest of us.

Who didn't know, that it had to be announced? Surely he didn't think he had a secret.

AC = Anderson Cooper = Absolute Class

I love this man, and respect him even more than I already did, for, as he put it in his letter to the public, "standing up and being counted".

AC couldn't get any better. What a great letter, and I'm glad he is standing up to be counted officially.

Excellent reporter, and a true gentleman. And doesn't hurt that he is soooo easy on the eye. :innocent:

Have to agree with all those who admire AC so much-he is an intelligent, caring, informative news reporter, and I've always enjoyed his shows. I think it sad that he had to make an "announcement," but am glad he did. I like his confidence and pride. He is satisfied and secure with his life, and that is a wonderful thing.

Pat S

I remember seeing him with Kelly Ripa who was flirting with him and I had to roll my eyes and think "Come on, Kelly! Give me a break please!" and even he was pretty close to admitting it right there to her. No big surprise and congrats for coming out!

This will probably be impossible to believe, but I have never watched AC's show. I have seen him interact though in the media and always assumed he was gay. His show must be great to see so many people who love him. His announcement was obviously something that he felt he needed to do for whatever reason and I applaud him for this.

Good for him!! I think it's sad that people have to announce it too. Does anyone announce that they're a heterosexual? No. What does it even matter?

Either way, I hope he finds much happiness in his life!

AC is a class act & ever so HOT-:blushing:

Glad that he has come out but I thought everyone already knew he was gay.

An educated, responsible man with a well earned and deserved career - and one heck of a clever sense of humor.

AC is one of the coolest people on the planet IMHO. Since he's the son of Gloria Vanderbilt I'd assume he could have been a trust fund baby like Paris Hilton. Instead he decided to work and he's done a great job with building his career. He's also brave;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5_2B0TR1U"]CNN Reporter saves kid on Haiti - YouTube[/ame]

This is hardly the big news that the media wants it to be, most people figured that and it is no longer a big deal.

It has always been my belief that whatever someone does in the privacy of their sex life is not my business and I am not interested in judging anyone for it. Whether you like men, women, like it mild or like it wild, it isn't my business. As long as you keep it legal and no one gets hurt, I'm fine with it.

I think Anderson is just awesome. He has a great personality, gorgeous blue eyes and a crazy giggle that I love. I love it when he gets so tickled about a story he is reporting (such as Courtney Stodden's bizarre facial contortions) that he gets the giggles like a lil kid.

Iirc he didn't use mom's name because he wanted to be graded on his own doings and not his name, and that has been accomplished. Yes he does have great eyes. I also remember that bought a firehouse(old) renovated it into his home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back