GUILTY OR - Adam Brown for stabbing, sexual assault of 10yo boy, Portland, 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://centurylink.net/news/read.ph...ass&action=4&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L4_UNEWS

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man on parole for trying to infect children with HIV nearly twenty years ago pulled a boy into a Portland restaurant bathroom over the weekend, attempted to sexually assault him and then stabbed him several times, police said.

The 10-year-old's injuries from the attack Sunday were severe enough to require surgery, and officers said he would have died without immediate care.

The suspect, Adam Lee Brown, pleaded not guilty Monday in Multnomah County Circuit Court to charges that included kidnapping, attempted murder and assault. ............

His arrest Sunday after a two-hour standoff in which he was holed up in a Wendy's bathroom marks the second set of child sex abuse charges leveled against Brown, who was the subject of an abuse investigation two decades ago.

More at link.....

Not sure if this archived link will work, but it said the likelihood of Brown outliving his sentence was about the same chance of hitting the lottery.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAIBAJ&pg=6771,61299&dq=adam-lee-brown&hl=en

Well give us some d*mn odds on him getting out and stabbing a child he pushed into a bathroom. His own wife begged for a tougher sentence. His own children were among his victims.

What does it take? What? Reoffending sex offender.

http://centurylink.net/news/read.ph...ass&action=4&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L4_UNEWS

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man on parole for trying to infect children with HIV nearly twenty years ago pulled a boy into a Portland restaurant bathroom over the weekend, attempted to sexually assault him and then stabbed him several times, police said.

The 10-year-old's injuries from the attack Sunday were severe enough to require surgery, and officers said he would have died without immediate care.

The suspect, Adam Lee Brown, pleaded not guilty Monday in Multnomah County Circuit Court to charges that included kidnapping, attempted murder and assault. ............

His arrest Sunday after a two-hour standoff in which he was holed up in a Wendy's bathroom marks the second set of child sex abuse charges leveled against Brown, who was the subject of an abuse investigation two decades ago.

More at link.....

and our laws allowed this man out on the street again....

......because???????????????????????????????????????????????????

What an evil man! And what a brave kid! Even though he was stabbed, I think him fighting back probably saved his life. I hope he has a full recovery, both physically and mentally.

According to this one mugshot he violated his parole in February of this year.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Oregon/Multnomah-County-OR/Adam-Lee-Brown.6987892.html

Ummmmmm and? So what? Four months later he's stabbing children?

http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/SorPublic/Web.dll/main?S=77066731950&cmd=SHOW_BULLETIN&I=19643

i dont know if its because im just stressed out in my life right now or what......but this kind of crap is seriously seriously pissing me off....the continual release of PREDATORS such as this.....and the fact our laws SUCK when it comes to sex offenders. like i need a punching bag it pisses me off so much.....

Conditions & Restrictions: Attend sex offender treatment polygraph plethysmograph testing. Do not form relationships with adults with minor children without PO permission. No alcohol. No contact with minors. No contact with victim. No entry into bars/taverns. No frequenting a place where minors regularly congregate. No *advertiser censored*. Register as a sex offender.

YEAH HOWS THAT WORKING?!?!?!

They gave him a sweet deal back then because they thought he would die in prison from AIDS. Only he didn't.
So he was free to roam the streets.
That poor 10 year old child.

I can't say what I really want to as it will mean insta-ban. I can only offer my prayers to the many victims of this monster. Monsters like this cannot be rehabilitated. He should have been under the jail and never released.

They should have put that creep down a long time ago. This should have never happened in the first place.

While the story is horrific, my heart jumped when I read the most important words in the article: "the boy fought back".

All kids should know how to fight back. They need to know to start kicking, screaming, hitting, biting, scratching, pulling hair, and not stop until the attacker is gone, help arrives or they can no longer go on.

We tell adult students that if you're taken to another location, the odds are you will die, so better to die in the original location fighting and likely taken some of the attacker with you, than to be taken somewhere else and have your body dumped in a secluded place. There's no non-frightening way to say that to the kids. Instead, they're told that they have permission to fight back as hard and as viciously as they can; that just because it's an adult (and in many instances an authority figure), doesn't give that person the right to hurt or touch them. Fight, fight, and don't stop! Scream until everybody hears you and comes to help. Don't believe them when they say they can hurt your family or you'll get in trouble.

Kids need to be empowered. Too much scum like this guy walking around out there.

This brings back memories of the crazy dentist that had AIDS and set about infecting some of his patients with the aim of taking them down with him. Selfish, unreasonable among many other things, imo.

While the story is horrific, my heart jumped when I read the most important words in the article: "the boy fought back".

All kids should know how to fight back. They need to know to start kicking, screaming, hitting, biting, scratching, pulling hair, and not stop until the attacker is gone, help arrives or they can no longer go on.

We tell adult students that if you're taken to another location, the odds are you will die, so better to die in the original location fighting and likely taken some of the attacker with you, than to be taken somewhere else and have your body dumped in a secluded place. There's no non-frightening way to say that to the kids. Instead, they're told that they have permission to fight back as hard and as viciously as they can; that just because it's an adult (and in many instances an authority figure), doesn't give that person the right to hurt or touch them. Fight, fight, and don't stop! Scream until everybody hears you and comes to help. Don't believe them when they say they can hurt your family or you'll get in trouble.

Kids need to be empowered. Too much scum like this guy walking around out there.

It's not that I disagree with fighting back idea, but victims who fight back can and have been killed. This child was stabbed and apparently could have died without medical attention.

It's not that I disagree with fighting back idea, but victims who fight back can and have been killed. This child was stabbed and apparently could have died without medical attention.

Had he not fought back, he would have been worse than stabbed, he would have been raped and likely infected with a disease that would have eventually killed him. He did the right thing in fighting.

No one expects kids to overpower an assailant, but by fighting their ruining the assailant's little fantasy, making it harder to take the child unnoticed, and calling attention from bystanders who might not otherwise have known what was going on. Once that child is taken to another location, his odds of survival fall dramatically. They MUST fight back.

More at link.....

Here's my problem. Why the hell was this guy even out to do this to this poor kid????

This "thing" serves no purpose on this earth except to bring harm - I'll say no more as I'd be banned for life.

This sick psycho needs to be permanently locked in a cell with only his evil thoughts to keep him company.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/newslocalnews/28374006-41/brown-accused-case-prison-adam.html.csp

The ex-wife of a predatory sex offender now accused of stabbing a 10-year-old boy says she’s been disappointed by how the case was handled.

In an e-mail to the Roseburg News-Review, Nancy Plambaeck said Adam Lee Brown shouldn’t have been allowed to plead to lesser charges after he was accused in the 1990s of abusing children in that Southern Oregon city.

Brown was released from prison after winning enough good time to reduce his 15-year sentence to 11 years.

After that, probation officers say, they found he used marijuana, possessed *advertiser censored*, associated with people younger than 18 and gave them alcohol. He was kicked out of a halfway house for not using his medications and sentenced to 75 days in jail for contact with two young girls, among other violations.

Parole authorities, though, said they had no authority to return him to prison.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/steve_duin/index.ssf/2012/07/steve_duin_adam_lee_browns_vic.html

Yet before a jury could hear those stories, the 43 counts on the original indictment were bargained down to four.

The attempted murder charges vanished in negotiations that allowed Brown to plead no contest to sodomy and recklessly endangering an 8-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl.

Why? Because it was 1993 and Brown had HIV.

I don't even know what to say. What has this man done over the past 8 years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back