Andy Griffith passes away RIP

He's gone. *sigh*

Oh no :( If a mod change please update the title, I would appreciate it.

Rest in peace, Andy, you always came across as everyone's buddy and a genuinely nice man.

:( I just saw on the MSN homepage that Andy Griffith passed away ...

:rose: Rest In Peace, Andy :rose:

:rose::rose::rose: :rose::rose::rose:​

From WRAL TV (Raleigh CBS affiliate)

"Manteo, N.C. — Andy Griffith, who parlayed his youth in rural North Carolina into an award-winning television and film acting career, died Tuesday in Manteo. He was 86.

Best known as Sheriff Andy Taylor in 'The Andy Griffith Show,' which ran for eight seasons on CBS in the 1960s, Griffith became an iconic television father figure. Two decades later, he played a crafty Southern lawyer in the NBC and ABC show 'Matlock.'"

Much more, including video, at:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/4368450/

:(

Well, we all knew it would happen one day... but I sure wish it hadn't. Hope he's up there with Barn having a blast!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkSvqhGk__0"]Andy Griffith Show Pilot Missing Scene - YouTube[/ame]

RIP Andy Now you Barney AuntBea and Goober are back together

RIP Mr. Griffith and thank you so much for all of the laughs over the years.

RIP, Mr. Griffith :rose: Thankfully, Andy's shows live on and on along with the many other great programs from "back in the day".

Thank you, Andy, for bringing joy and peace to all sorts of people for so many decades...rest in peace. You did well.

Best-
Herding Cats

Sad day for sure.

RIP Andy, you were a great man.

I still watch Andy Griffith most every night before bed, via netflix. It's such a calming, relaxing way to wind down. Love me some Andy Griffith!

I read somewhere that Danny Thomas (who produced the show) came up with the idea after a charming run-in with a southern cop, when Mr. Thomas went speeding through town. He was smitten with the cop, the town and the whole experience.

So sad to see all these greats pass away!

I was out running errands with my local rock station playing on the radio. They were paying tribute to him with the whistling theme :) One dj was reminiscing about how she would watch him during Braves game delays. Made me smile that even the younger generations knew him, his shows, and are touched by his passing.

RIP Mr Andy Griffith!

If not for your decision to bring Matlock to NC from L.A., I wouldn't have met Mr. wm, and for that I thank you! You touched many lives in ways you probably never even knew!

xoxo

wm

RIP Andy Griffith-my dad, also from NC, was a dead ringer for Andy Griffith, everyone always used to comment on it. So this for me brings up memories of my dad...

Rest in peace, Andy Griffith. His show was good, clean, wholesome entertainment. He had a good life and lived a clean one.

Who didn't know who Andy Griffith was? No one!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8&feature=player_embedded"]Andy Griffith Football Story from 1953 - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back