GUILTY TN - Erika 'Megan' Sharpton, 24, raped & murdered, Tullahoma, 2 July 2012

I wonder if she had an ex-boyfriend or even ex-husband. Seems to be the way most of these tragedies end.

JMO

What an ugly tragic end to the life of this young woman, for a motorist on the road to find her body burning!! I hope there will be some way to find and punish whoever is responsible for her death and why she had to die!!

RIP Erika :rose:

This is so terribly, terribly sad. She was so young and had so much ahead of her. I know we are all sick to death of this cruelty.

I don't even know what to think anymore. It upsets me and infuriates me.

May Erika Megan Sharpton rest in heavenly peace.

This is so terribly, terribly sad. She was so young and had so much ahead of her. I know we are all sick to death of this cruelty.

I don't even know what to think anymore. It upsets me and infuriates me.

May Erika Megan Sharpton rest in heavenly peace.

I agree and feel like you do!

Don't see anything for her on facebook, myspace, tumblr...

Her lack of social media leads me to believe it was totally random, or someone very, very close. (Money could always be an issue, but she still had communications with someones.)

I am leaning toward the close side.

Did she live alone?

RIP.

I hope they catch the person(s) responsible.

:rose:

Filly, thank you for the orbituary. This is so sad. I sure we find out what happened to her.

As investigators probe the early July discovery of Erika Megan Sharpton's still-burning body in Franklin County, the nursing student's family has established a reward fund for information in her killing.

After a week of investigation, authorities say they can name no suspects and still are seeking information in the slaying of the 24-year-old from Tullahoma, Tenn.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jul/17/chattanooga-slain-womans-kin-set-up-reward-fund/

I saw this covered on NG tonight also. Very strange that she was suppose to meet with a family to interview as a caretaker yet no one has come forward to say she was there and the phone number for those people is now disconnected.
The whole thing is very weird.

Caretaker job and now the phone is disconnected, very strange!!!! O I hope they solve this one soon. Who ever did this needs to be stopped. I cannot fathom losing anyone in this way. So Cruel....

I want more info on this interview - such as:

How did she come to hear about the position? Who and How did she contact to express interest? Where was the interview to take place?

This interview concerns me. My hackles are up.

The first thing I thought of was Craigslist might be where she found the advertisement--people turn to CL a lot for those types of positions. I always wonder if advertiser and the person responding will be meeting in a public place and I just know they don't. So dangerous.

Police Search For Clues In Nursing Student's Murder
August 14, 2012

snipped...Police searched a trailer in Tullahoma on Monday in connection with the investigation into Erika Megan Sharpton's murder.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19270833/police-search-for-clues-in-nursing-students-murder

More about this recent search here: http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=7087

snipped...The investigators read a search warrant to two occupants of the mobile home and spent about two hours conducting a search. They declined to give further details.

New evidence helps Franklin County slaying probe
August 14, 2012

snipped...In a broader discussion of autopsy results, Guess said Monday that Sharpton was shot once in the face in addition to earlier reports of having suffered blunt force trauma to her head before her body was set on fire off the side of Awalt Road near the bridge over Tims Ford Lake.

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2012/aug/14/chattano-new-evidence-helps-franklin-slaying-probe/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back