Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TN - Burning Body of Erika Megan Sharpton Found Along Road, Tullahoma

Strange case... many cases follow a "rule of three" in that an abduction takes place at one location, evidence disposed of at a second location, and the body left at a third.
    We sort of see that here, but the body was not hidden. Leaving her burning body by the side of a road is something I just don't get... it's like he wanted her found, but it's so disrespectful (not that there's anything respectful about taking one's life)... did the thug think her body couldn't be identified?
    Used to say, "100 years from now, my problems won't matter; now-a-days it's more like 25 years!

Three-No Cases (click to blog)]

Rule-of-Three (click to blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to blog)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

There was also a young woman murdered in the same area back in March who was a Nursing student. She was 19 years old.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/17125288/p...stabbing-death

They did arrest someone known to her however I wonder if it is all related?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    Investigators Close To Arrest In Nursing Student’s Murder
    August 15, 2012

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19...tudents-murder

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Something I learned about Megan that I didn't know (bbm below) and something about the special type of human it takes to fill that important role - that makes her murder even more difficult to understand...

Megan was studying to be a nurse, like her father, her sister, and her grandmother.

Like her story wasn't heartbreaking enough already...

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    August 15, 2012

I hope so. Considering how tight-lipped LE tends to be, when this kind of statement is made, I'm very skeptical...
    I see it more like an attempt to shake the proverbial bushes and see what jumps out.
    Used to say, "100 years from now, my problems won't matter; now-a-days it's more like 25 years!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

August 15, 2012

I couldn't find any updates. Shouldn't we have heard something by now? That article was 8 days ago!! Maybe I was too optimistic when I read "close to an arrest". It's like LE in Holly Bobo's case who were only "one clue away" from finding her. 16 months later, she's still missing.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I couldn't find any updates. Shouldn't we have heard something by now? That article was 8 days ago!! Maybe I was too optimistic when I read "close to an arrest". It's like LE in Holly Bobo's case who were only "one clue away" from finding her. 16 months later, she's still missing.
    This article was written the same time but has more information

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19290469/n...hBowY.facebook

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bmg1112 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bmg1112 View Post
    This article was written the same time but has more information

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19290469/n...hBowY.facebook
    Thanks for the article. I've been following along on Peace for Megan Sharpton's fb page hoping there would be an arrest. Megan's family needs to know the monster (s) who did this to her will be pay for what they've done.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/PeaceForMeganSharpton

I can't help but feel they take the very slow road to justice in TN. LE in Karen Swift's murder said the same thing ...they were close to solving her case. Months later, we're still waiting and only to be told through articles that if the family spoke up, the Judge would throw out her case. Yes, unbelievable but true.

From your link:

"Forty two days and 10 hours," Kelly Sharpton said.

It's the news she has been waiting for, but she is anxious for the district attorney to move faster with an arrest.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

18 registered sex offenders highway 55 in Tullahuma. Half with "violent" classifications.

I'm not very good with maps but it appears 2 are located right by highway 55 line. It says Carroll street but none of the RSO have that street name on their profiles. I wonder what side streets/roads are located in or around highway 55?

http://tnmap.state.tn.us/sor/

http://www.city-data.com/so/Tennessee.html

ETA: Ohhh I just realized by clicking on the profiles it takes you to their location on the map.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

BBM - I was also thinking of Holly when I read this... also thinking of Karen Swift case which is in limbo...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Still waiting......

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I hadn't seen this video before. Still waiting on the news of an arrest. Praying for justice soon!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYpBwRXFE5Y"]Woman's Burned Body Leads to Investigation of Her Death - YouTube[/ame]

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Probe into student's death winds on
    September 3, 2012

snipped...Taylor says he's waiting on analysis of evidence sent to the TBI Crime Lab and that investigators are following up on some new information.

...Although family, friends and many others are anxiously awaiting an arrest or arrests in the July 2 murder of Megan Sharpton of Tullahoma, investigators say they are working to develop an air-tight case.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/P...#ixzz25zTegVK4
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Oh goodness. I've heard that before.

And we wait......

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I saw this on the news this morning.
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/19505843...pleas-for-help

I don't understand. It said she answered an ad in a newspaper for work and when she showed up was attacked. Where did she show up? I am confused. Don't they know who placed the ad? There had to be a phone number or email address...something traceable.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to poppyfrock For This Useful Post:

I don't get it either. The poor family has to beg for an arrest. The POI is threatening the family. That alone should be enough to arrest the POS and keep him behind bars until more evidence is gathered. How much more pain can this family take? I just don't get it.

But, Megan's mom says there's one specific "person of interest" in the small town of Tullahoma that has her terrified.

"He's made contact with our family directly since this happened, threateningly, and we're concerned," Sharpton says.

She says she's impressed with the amount of evidence detectives have gathered over the last two months, but can't understand why this one man hasn't been arrested.
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/19505843...pleas-for-help

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Franklin County mother, Kelly Sharpton wants justice for her daughter, Megan.

Megan, a nursing student, was found brutally, raped, murdered and burned on July 2nd.

Her mom says she was answering an ad to aid an elderly patient.

"He said that he had a mother with Alzheimer's and he needed a sitter and they were going to meet and see if their schedules could work together and he took her from that meeting," explains Sharpton.

The most disturbing news of all, Kelly says she knows exactly who killed her daughter.

"He approached a family member at a local football game in our hometown, introduced himself aggressively and said some pretty horrible things to her," says Sharpton.

Six .38 caliber bullet holes were also found in Kelly Sharpton's parents for sale sign-- no arrests have been made in that case either.

District Attorney General Michael Taylor says before charges are filed more evidence is needed .
    http://www.wdef.com/news/story/Mothe...1unCrfQxQ.cspx

Once again, I'm left speechless.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Another article

Kelly Sharpton says she knows who the killer is. She said other family members have encountered the person of interest and that man has made threats to their family.

The Sharpton's are pleading for Taylor to speed up the process and make an arrest in the case.

Taylor says they are awaiting lab results on various pieces of evidence before making an arrest.
    http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top...ler-2352.shtml

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

https://www.facebook.com/PeaceForMeganSharpton

I can't post the link to the blog here but there is an update on Megan's FB page.

Hope there is an arrest soon.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

https://www.facebook.com/PeaceForMeganSharpton

I can't post the link to the blog here but there is an update on Megan's FB page.

Hope there is an arrest soon.
    I just started reading this blog and all I can say is this is sickening. I suppose we can't post that link here due to TOS? I got to it via her FB page and am outraged beyond belief.....
    I pray for peace in a world gone mad.

All posts are IMHO only!

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to libraryg For This Useful Post:

snipped..."Know that he's a suspect and introducing himself with fowl language and directly, lets me know he's not scared. And if he's not scared of us, I think we're endanger, I think everyone is," explains Sharpton.

ALL things considered - WHAT more is required???...and why isn't msm reporting on the FACTS revealed in the blog?
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by libraryg View Post
    I just started reading this blog and all I can say is this is sickening. I suppose we can't post that link here due to TOS? I got to it via her FB page and am outraged beyond belief.....
    So am I. Correct. We can't post it because of TOS and the person named on the blog has not been named a suspect in main stream media so we can't discuss him/them.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

snipped..."Know that he's a suspect and introducing himself with fowl language and directly, lets me know he's not scared. And if he's not scared of us, I think we're endanger, I think everyone is," explains Sharpton.

ALL things considered - WHAT more is required???...and why isn't msm reporting on the FACTS revealed in the blog?
    They're still waiting on evidence. Slow road to justice in Tennessee from my experience with other cases.

With that said, perhaps there are more than one involved and they want to insure all are behind bars at the same time?

It's just unbelievable that the perp continues to threaten the family and their nightmare is far from over. Not only have they lost their beautiful daughter they have to deal with the possible suspect taunting them.

How much more can a family take? It's disgusting.

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

There is also chatter that this DA likes plea bargains and that the suspect is connected and might have family money. The whole story is crazy. Including how he met his wife (reportedly 'friend' of the victim Megan) etc. I have no words. I wish msm would report this!!!
    Last edited by chicagofa13; 09-18-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: mmmmmm

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chicagofa13 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast