Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1506
  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    Seriously, her 4th of July will be ruined.
    I know what you mean. I'm so tired I can't even get much sleep. Need to go back to bed after yet another four-hour night of subpar sleep.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    After everything, I still go back to the beginning here. I still believe it is important that someone stoled B's bike and left it in the graveyard. To me, something was going on before MS was taken. The simplest answer is the best. Sure, it could be a random and serial killer, but given the number of people who disappear and who are later accounted for by a random serial killer, it would lead me logically to believe it was not a random serial killer. The next place to look is the last person who saw her or the last place we know she was. Then we have to look at interests of either her or the people she hung out with. We know that she bicycled, rode horses and was a college student in anthropology. But we really don't know about her friends who hung out late at night and rode bicycles across town at 2 a.m. I still find that a little odd. I lived and live in a couple of college towns and that is rare where I lived. I understand the culture may be different in Lafayette. I have a locals question then. If I was at the local Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night this weekend how many bicyclists would I see? Last year at the same time, on a Saturday night at 2 a.m. -- how many bicyclists would I see? I guess what I am trying to understand is -- I do not believe this was random. I believe the perp was somewhat local. The perp is connected in with either friends or their friends. In my opinion this case will be solved when some other deal goes bad and the perps friends squawk. That is why the case needs to be in the media. Unfortunately I do not believe this case has a happy ending for anyone.


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aviatrix For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    After everything, I still go back to the beginning here. I still believe it is important that someone stoled B's bike and left it in the graveyard. To me, something was going on before MS was taken. The simplest answer is the best. Sure, it could be a random and serial killer, but given the number of people who disappear and who are later accounted for by a random serial killer, it would lead me logically to believe it was not a random serial killer. The next place to look is the last person who saw her or the last place we know she was. Then we have to look at interests of either her or the people she hung out with. We know that she bicycled, rode horses and was a college student in anthropology. But we really don't know about her friends who hung out late at night and rode bicycles across town at 2 a.m. I still find that a little odd. I lived and live in a couple of college towns and that is rare where I lived. I understand the culture may be different in Lafayette. I have a locals question then. If I was at the local Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night this weekend how many bicyclists would I see? Last year at the same time, on a Saturday night at 2 a.m. -- how many bicyclists would I see? I guess what I am trying to understand is -- I do not believe this was random. I believe the perp was somewhat local. The perp is connected in with either friends or their friends. In my opinion this case will be solved when some other deal goes bad and the perps friends squawk. That is why the case needs to be in the media. Unfortunately I do not believe this case has a happy ending for anyone.
    I have not been able to determine whether BW's bike was found in or near a cemetery. Have seen it reported both ways.


  6. #154
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    If I was at the local Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night this weekend how many bicyclists would I see? Last year at the same time, on a Saturday night at 2 a.m. -- how many bicyclists would I see?
    I suspect you would see quite a few. Bars close at 2 a.m. and a lot of college-age folks ride their bikes back home.


  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  8. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Island hopper View Post
    There is a local K & M janitorial service that is in red lettering.
    Interesting. I believe that the letters on the side of this silver service box will end up being something like J&J or M&M, etc. When I manipulate the colors in the photo, I definitely get a plaquard on that service box. The letters on the plackard are perfectly centered and have a dip between them, and I believe there are two letters. I do not have a current copy of PhotoShop to play with them. However, when I use Paint and bring in the photo and then play around with the editing features, I definitely see a service box and a white plaquard. It is odd that the truck has no panels but there is a panel on the service box. If it were a large company such as Halliburton, etc. you would see lettering on the cab itself. It makes me think that this is something that either came with the service box, or something that a private/small company put on the service box because it would be much less expensive then having the cab doors professionally lettered. So that would lead me to believe if there were more trucks like this, there were only a few -- IF there was indeed more than one.


  9. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I suspect you would see quite a few. Bars close at 2 a.m. and a lot of college-age folks ride their bikes back home.
    So if that is true then it is possible that the bicycle rider is not MS?


  10. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    The other thing that bothers me is the fact that right as our suspect truck goes by the Circle K someone is running. I find that odd. I would presume that most people at 2 a.m. are probably more staggering or mellow and not running into a Circle K. If i staked out that particular Circle K on Saturday night at 2 a.m. I wonder how many bicyclists I would see and how many people running across the parking lot I could count. If I lived in Lafayette, I would walk into that Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night and ask the clerk who was working that night and what they say they saw. Most likely their answer is going to be they cannot talk about it -- but I have a hunch something was going on outside with that white truck and with the person running across that parking lot. I don't work at a Circle k, but I have done security work at 2 a.m. and ain't nobody runnin nowhere. Most of the time I have to prod them to get moving.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to aviatrix For This Useful Post:


  12. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Hubby says that there is some fishing around there---really almost everything off of the Atchafalaya Basin thruway is wet lands or swamp, or land surrounded by wet lands and swamp.

    I've tried to find out for you, Mr. TT, if any searches were conducted in that area, and I have never received a definitive answer. '

    Just as an aside: One of the riding scenes from Easy Rider was filmed near there, or so says my hubby. Between Morganza and Ramah, about a 30 mile distance.

    Can you tell me why you are interested in that particular exit? I've been wondering for so long!




    I bet 90% of the trucks down here are white. It is so hot, people tend to buy white to reflect some heat away from the vehicle. I know of one company near me that uses red trucks for its fleet, and one that uses dark green. The rest are white.

    It "could" be a repo, but you wouldn't believe how many people down here drive around in those trucks. The oilfield service workers are usually on call 24 hours a day for two or three weeks a month, and often work off shore for weeks at a time, separated from their families, so they are well compensated financially. I know of a nineteen year old who just bought one, his payments are in the 900 dollar range, and he won't have trouble meeting those payments because his salary and bonuses are great.
    Thank you for the information.
    I sent them an email asking about the area myself and have not received a response. It could be they have already in one way or the other searched those areas just have not released that information.


    The picture I posted asking about fishing.
    I seen a truck with a speed boat attached coming from that area, that is why I asked. Take 135 exit, make a right go under the bridge theirs the area. Close to an interstate system.

    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...02573,0.006486
    As far as my interest in the area along the I10 135 exit.

    It looks as if I wanted to turn around and go back west, the 135 exit would be my first opportunity to do so. Unless there is another option that i cannot see on the map. Thinking along the lines if the perp wanted to give the impression she was taken further east he may have gotten off there to drop other items and than got back on I10 to go back west. It reminds me of WB. The area. And if the perp knew about WB, than perhaps he knew of the isolation at 135 and took it. Though just guessing.


    All just speculation on what Ive read and seen so far. In the meantime while waiting for update. Ill watch the cams, reread some threads in the beginning, watch some YouTube videos etc, just to keep the case fresh in my mind. One thing Ive learned in reading cold cases especially, waiting for long period of time for any updates is part of the sleuthing we do.

    :+:Anneliese Michel:+:

    [21 September 19521 July 1976]

    [Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:





  13. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I believe they likely do have strong leads/suspect(s). There is a very pointed, emphatic quality to the silence around the case. The quality of the silence also leads me to believe that they think there's some chance she's alive.
    This seems like one of these situations where even more patience than usual is going to have to be required. The emotional initial push to find Mickey has made the silence even more deafening, by comparison.
    CF, wish I could be so optimistic..
    The only conclusion that I can make of the emphatic silence is that the most valuable tool in missing persons investigations is being squandered.

    Imo, LE is silent due to hitting the proverbial wall. Until there is evidence that indicates otherwise, there is always hope or a chance that she's alive.

    Yes, miracles do happen, yet we passed the first 48 hours long ago..


  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  15. #160
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, Al
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I know what you mean. I'm so tired I can't even get much sleep. Need to go back to bed after yet another four-hour night of subpar sleep.
    I hear you loud and clear. I suffer from the same thing largely due to injuries over the years and nerve damage. It can be very rough and I sympathize with you. BTW I hope you know that your work and dedication to this case is really appreciated.

    /Oh and I was replying to Kgeaux's comment to a lady from Australia. But I hope she celebrates the 4th all the same.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:


  17. #161
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    477
    I'm confused. Did you mean to say I10 corridor? I can't find where I40 is in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Brought over from last Thread:



    'nutkin, on 09/2005 the definition of serial killer was lowered from 3 victims to only two by the FBI BAU2'. This was done primarily to allow the FBI to assist local LE when the possibility of a SK exists in their jurisdiction, to provide their expertise & resources.
    It is estimated that there is between 50 & 100 active serial killers in the US at any given time.
    Due to many factors; drugs/meth epidemic, illegal immigration, gang violence, etc. Imo, these FBI estimates are very conservative, as shown by the number of serial killers truckers identified since the FBI Trucker Serial Killer Iniative was established in 2009. There is 100,000+ missing persons in the US. It would be logical to conclude that many of these victims were stranger sexual predator abductions, imo..

    http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009...yserial_040609
    Highway Serial Killings
    New Initiative on an Emerging Trend
    04/06/09

    In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

    http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu.../serial-murder

    II. Definition of Serial Murder 09/2005
    In the past thirty years, multiple definitions of serial murder have been used by law enforcement, clinicians, academia, and researchers. While these definitions do share several common themes, they differ on specific requirements, such as the number of murders involved, the types of motivation, and the temporal aspects of the murders. To address these discrepancies, attendees at the Serial Murder Symposium examined the variations in order to develop a single definition for serial murder.
    Previous definitions of serial murder specified a certain number of murders, varying from two to ten victims. This quantitative requirement distinguished a serial murder from other categories of murder (i.e. single, double, or triple murder).
    The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:
    one or more offenders
    two or more murdered victims
    incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
    the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder
    In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

    * Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

    Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
    National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
    Critical Incident Response Group
    Federal Bureau of Investigation


  18. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    http://findmickeynow.com/site/

    Sorry, I know the truck makes me and a lot of others crazy, but.....

    This is the pic I've been looking at....seems like the best one, for me....it's already shrunk down in the link, I think.

    Instead of trying to blow it up to like 400%...I went down to 37% and 25%...and took a magnifying glass to look at it.
    You can actually see the shadow of the sign on the front passenger door.

    I'm gonna have to agree with other posters, the increased size and distorted pixels makes EVERYTHING look like something else.
    A very strong magnifying glass, or maybe binoculars (ha!), might help far more than blowing the pic up. (Actually, if I still had my binoculars, I'd be trying to look with them).

    As always, just IMO.


  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:


  20. #163
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    So if that is true then it is possible that the bicycle rider is not MS?
    It's possible, yes.

    I know CS, and MS looks much alike. It looks like MS to me.

    If this is referring to any sort of convoluted theory I have seen batted about that this was an imposter in a wig, I'm not going to engage in that thought process. I'm not saying that this was the thrust of your question, but just laying down a marker in case it was.

    The timeframe, the direction of travel, the short distances involved from Ryan St., and the family's and friends' positive ID, the fact that there are not SWARMS of other bicyclists out there that late, plus my own immediate feeling that I recognized Mickey's build, etc., all lead me to believe that that is Mickey on the bike.


  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  22. #164
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    The other thing that bothers me is the fact that right as our suspect truck goes by the Circle K someone is running. I find that odd. I would presume that most people at 2 a.m. are probably more staggering or mellow and not running into a Circle K. If i staked out that particular Circle K on Saturday night at 2 a.m. I wonder how many bicyclists I would see and how many people running across the parking lot I could count. If I lived in Lafayette, I would walk into that Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night and ask the clerk who was working that night and what they say they saw. Most likely their answer is going to be they cannot talk about it -- but I have a hunch something was going on outside with that white truck and with the person running across that parking lot. I don't work at a Circle k, but I have done security work at 2 a.m. and ain't nobody runnin nowhere. Most of the time I have to prod them to get moving.
    Your thinking is sound. It is given, IMO, that LE has already asked those questions. Some of the answers to your questions are likely on the Circle K surveillance tapes, which LE already has.

    It has become pretty clear to me that LE and the family do not want any more public sleuthing or input, and so at this point we are spectators.

    JMO - MOO

    Prayers for Mickey.


  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  24. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    I'm confused. Did you mean to say I10 corridor? I can't find where I40 is in LA.
    yep...


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 613
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 668
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM
  3. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 01:10 PM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 526
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 11:59 PM
  5. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 529
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •