Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    The "social-media team" and the P.R. machine have taken on a life of their own... they have momentum that may not always trace the facts of the case, I'll bet. I am not taking future planned events as definitive evidence of anything. A homegrown operation has grown up around the family, and also the members of it may not be privy to what members of the family may know.

Were the family to know something important, but be required by LE to keep it quiet, then they would have to keep the PR thing going, just to keep the secret.
    BBM Not necessarily, They could just clam up, Seems to be working for LE. JMO
    Last edited by SteveP; 07-04-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    BBM Not necessarily, They could just clam up, Seemes to be working for LE. JMO
    Agreed. Or, the family could have updates where they tell us there is no new news, but please keep looking for Mickey. So far, the only message we are getting is to send money - support the fundraisers.

And now I'm gonna duck cause I know some people are not going to like that comment. But it is MO - and I don't believe it is against TOS to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    Just my opinion, but a lot of little things add up for me to point toward the idea that the family/LE think they're onto a lead solid enough that public assistance is no longer required. This could mean one of many things - alive/not alive - maybe building a case against someone - maybe having already cut a deal with someone - maybe several other things.

But the silence is deafening, and I pair that with what I consider a notable lack of requests from the family, the PI, or LE for any more public input than they already have.

I am hoping/thinking that the silence may be building to some sort of resolution.
    You, being a verified local - I value and find your posts most interesting/informative - thanks!

I find it interesting to compare the way LE acted in Sierra Lamar's case to this one...
    LE has not been out in front of Mickey's case (but a local may have a different sense of this).

Even while LE in Sierra's case their suspect under surveillance, they when ahead with pressers, and appeared on America's Most Wanted, without letting on..

To me, this is a case of Mickey being in the wrong place at the wrong time; the more irregular/infrequent her trips at night, the more random her attack.
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum. My posts not to be used/quoted outside of Websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    The other thing that bothers me is the fact that right as our suspect truck goes by the Circle K someone is running. I find that odd. I would presume that most people at 2 a.m. are probably more staggering or mellow and not running into a Circle K. If i staked out that particular Circle K on Saturday night at 2 a.m. I wonder how many bicyclists I would see and how many people running across the parking lot I could count. If I lived in Lafayette, I would walk into that Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night and ask the clerk who was working that night and what they say they saw. Most likely their answer is going to be they cannot talk about it -- but I have a hunch something was going on outside with that white truck and with the person running across that parking lot. I don't work at a Circle k, but I have done security work at 2 a.m. and ain't nobody runnin nowhere. Most of the time I have to prod them to get moving.
    I beg to differ. Our bars close at 2am (3am if they pay LE). I worked at a 24 gas station for 3 years when I was 19-22. People run ALL THE TIME, especially at 2a.m. and even more when they are drunk, especially when they are younger!! I run drunk and sober at 2a.m. I've RAN in to pre-pay for other people and I've RAN when I've been by myself b/c I was nervous or just b/c I wanted to get home/to the next party. Also, when someone says "RUN"....people tend to start running lol

Does Circle K sell liquor? Do they have a time they have to quit selling (and do they abide)?!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StacyMarie83 For This Useful Post:

Praying that this independence day will bring freedom to Mickey from her abductor.
    Last edited by nola; 07-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:

It does give one pause to wonder -- are some of these cases connected? Such as -- could this young lady's case be connected in anyway with the monster who abducted Morgan Harrington? What about Britney D. (sp) -- was that a local predator, or is there someone who haunts areas where young people are. Someone who finds work near colleges (as a poster here has already postulated). Could it be someone who makes his living selling drugs to students and combines his work with his predatory needs?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePhantom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StacyMarie83 View Post
    I beg to differ. Our bars close at 2am (3am if they pay LE). I worked at a 24 gas station for 3 years when I was 19-22. People run ALL THE TIME, especially at 2a.m. and even more when they are drunk, especially when they are younger!! I run drunk and sober at 2a.m. I've RAN in to pre-pay for other people and I've RAN when I've been by myself b/c I was nervous or just b/c I wanted to get home/to the next party. Also, when someone says "RUN"....people tend to start running lol

Does Circle K sell liquor? Do they have a time they have to quit selling (and do they abide)?!
    Yes, see my earlier post. All stores/bars have to stop selling at 2am. I've actually ran into that Circle K on occasion to get beer before cut off time.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CajunCoDe For This Useful Post:

I am very new to this site. I have been thinking about the lack of information from the family, media, and LE. Could it be because they are hoping that the perp thinks they have "forgotten?" Maybe he/she/it would slip up in their air of confidence that they got away with this? In essence, giving the perp enough rope to hang him/her-self.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cajuncatholicmama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncatholicmama View Post
    I am very new to this site. I have been thinking about the lack of information from the family, media, and LE. Could it be because they are hoping that the perp thinks they have "forgotten?" Maybe he/she/it would slip up in their air of confidence that they got away with this? In essence, giving the perp enough rope to hang him/her-self.
    That surely could be the reason for silence.
    Hope so and that there will be a break in the case to bring Mickey home soon.
    Last edited by Excalibur Jay; 07-04-2012 at 04:01 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur Jay For This Useful Post:

There are a few unresolved questions i still have.
    June 1, 2012 there was a post about Mickey being on video after Circle K. Think it was around funeral home......

Also, IIRC there was a post about a pic of 2 bikers stopped and appeared to be talking in the parking lot of the M&C funeral home.
    What ever was concluded about that pic to help locate Mickey?

May Mickey come home soon. God bless Mickey and her family.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur Jay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Island hopper View Post
    Yes, I watch the traffic cams at times and see all the white trucks. I have been scanning through logos of companies in the Lafayette area as well as various types of work trucks trying to pinpoint something that seems to match.

I realize it's a longshot but not exactly a lot to go on right now.
    Hey Island Hopper - I so agree that this truck should be examined top to bottom for any logo or distinctive identifier. I'm glad to see that local business logos are being looked at for comparison. BIG THANKS!!!

Since you have been looking at this closely, I want to see if you think if the dark mark on the passenger front door might be part of a logo. It's probably a shadow from the road sign, but I keep coming back to the mark and I wonder if in fact there's a half arch type of marking with smaller print low and to the right of the mark.

Also, the lettering on the tool box -- any progress on what it might say?
    Last edited by nola; 07-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Hubby: "So LE knows that 99.99% of the time it's the spouse".
    Me: "Right, so don't even try anything"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:

Lafayette parish bars stop selling liquor at 2am; there are some area parishes that bars can stay open later than 2am.

Jay, are you meaning AM? 2:00 AM? Or am I out in left field again, mashing my glove?

Cajun Girl, Yes mem, sorry I meant AM.

Thank you so much, and I am correcting.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur Jay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCoDe View Post
    Yes, see my earlier post. All stores/bars have to stop selling at 2am. I've actually ran into that Circle K on occasion to get beer before cut off time.
    That's odd to me, b/c I've never been cut off from buying at 2am. It might be a law, but I didn't know it was really enforced...?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast