Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Hate to break the silence, but...

Websleuths Mickey Schunick thread has all but died now; 22 viewers and no post in almost an hour...this is what I mean about censoring other's theories and opinions. Initially this thread in excess of 250 viewers and over half were locals and lerkers.
    A bad theory is better than none at all.. Silence/censorship is the predators most lethal weapon.

Awareness is the key in missing persons cases. This is why I never critize another's theory or opinion, no matter how bizarre. No two people think alike or have the same life or other experiences. The more bizarre a theory is. The more debate & discussion it will invite by others, including MSM.

The petite blonde theory by PI Bill Warner(FL) is an excellent example of this. He has been on national news shows; JVM, etc., which gives free publicity to the victims...awareness...and that's a good thing, imo..
    I don't believe a bad theory is better than none.

And I don't believe that trying to link a string of very probably unrelated disappearances is a responsible thing to do either.

It might be more responsible to talk about the dangers of being out at 2AM, for instance, or being aware of your surroundings, or spending time with people you trust. Any or all of the cases Warner has been talking about could be domestic/relationship matters, for all we know, including Mickey. (Except for Morgan and she was found.)

We don't know what happened in any of the cases that have received a degree of news coverage. They most likely each have their own story.

It is frustrating that there is so little known in Mickey's case, but that doesn't mean, IMO, that things should be thrown against the wall to see what sticks. So far, IMO, there is no reason to link her case to any other case in the country; she vanished, her bike was found locally.

JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Hate to break the silence, but...

Websleuths Mickey Schunick thread has all but died now; 22 viewers and no post in almost an hour...this is what I mean about censoring other's theories and opinions. Initially this thread in excess of 250 viewers and over half were locals and lerkers.
    A bad theory is better than none at all.. Silence/censorship is the predators most lethal weapon.

Awareness is the key in missing persons cases. This is why I never critize another's theory or opinion, no matter how bizarre. No two people think alike or have the same life or other experiences. The more bizarre a theory is. The more debate & discussion it will invite by others, including MSM.

The petite blonde theory by PI Bill Warner(FL) is an excellent example of this. He has been on national news shows; JVM, etc., which gives free publicity to the victims...awareness...and that's a good thing, imo..
    After the thread went down temporarily, I have had trouble accessing it. I hope that others are also having trouble and not giving up hope. Or maybe people are traveling for the weekend.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J.white For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post

And I don't believe that trying to link a string of very probably unrelated disappearances is a responsible thing to do either.

It might be more responsible to talk about the dangers of being out at 2AM, for instance, or being aware of your surroundings, or spending time with people you trust. Any or all of the cases Warner has been talking about could be domestic/relationship matters, for all we know, including Mickey. (Except for Morgan and she was found.)

We don't know what happened in any of the cases that have received a degree of news coverage. They most likely each have their own story.

It is frustrating that there is so little known in Mickey's case, but that doesn't mean, IMO, that things should be thrown against the wall to see what sticks. So far, IMO, there is no reason to link her case to any other case in the country; she vanished, her bike was found locally.

JMO
    'cluciano63, I honor & respect your opinion'.. but just mentioning the petite blonde theory brought a response...

How many years/decades had truckers been abducting innocent victims before the FBI's Trucker Serial Killer Iniative in 2009. Before then, it was considered only a conspiracy theory by many people..

'I attended a symposium by a FBI BAU2 Supervisor of the Trucker Serial killer Initiative in 2010 at the CUE national conference'.. It was very informative, but I walked away with more questions than answers. The number one question was, 'with the FBI's resources, what the hell took them so long to figure this out'?..
    The next question that I personally asked the BAU2 Agent was, 'how many total innocent victims does the FBI think serial killer Gary Hilton, abducted/murdered during his 4 decades of activity'? "The blood left his face"...

http://www.daconfidential.com/2010/0...l-killers.html

FBI BAU2 Highway Serial Killings
    New Initiative on an Emerging Trend
    http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009...yserial_040609

Map-scroll down..

This map shows the more than 500 cases in our Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years. (How many before 1980?)
    Last edited by Foxfire; 07-03-2012 at 05:54 PM.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Foxfire, MOO, you're right about keeping the theories coming as long as we don't accuse
    anyone specifically who's not a POI.
    That being said, I have a far-outish theory. It has to do with the 'college town' SK
    genre. There are several HUGE companies that specialize in Urban-Fill student housing,
    with giant projects in Bloomington, Raleigh, and Lafayette, among dozens of other college towns. What a way to go in and out of these towns in the umbiquitous white truck. They have high level execs, mid-level, foremen and workers. If you were a big shot, you could order one of these trucks up when you were in town and leave it behind in the carpool when you left.
    As LS went missing, one such company just finished such a project in Bloomington, and the very DAY she went missing, they broke ground in a college town on the southeastern seaboard with a new project. The reason I can't name this company....worth billions...haven't been named in any investigation, etc. But there they are, specializing in going into areas in college towns that need fixing up, in urban areas, and building ginormous student complexes.
    Also, I found out about one of these companies by way of another NO-NO here--following a psychic's directions that led to a name, googled name led to person in Bloomington just promoted to VIP position in such a company, but not for just Bloomington, nationwide. Not at all accusing this person, just making a
    case in which , if someone was doing prominent business in college towns, bringing money and jobs to college towns, they might feel some sort of twisted omnipotence.
    Did I make it clear enough that I wasn't accusing THIS person? I have this way of coming up with all kinds of theories but have trouble expressing myself clearly.
    Last edited by Ixchel13; 07-03-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Faith, Hope, and Love

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ixchel13 For This Useful Post:

Speaking of awareness, why hasn't Mickey been added to the FBI's Kidnapped list?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

What's BBM?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BunnyHop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    Speaking of awareness, why hasn't Mickey been added to the FBI's Kidnapped list?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing
    My guess is because there is no proof she was kidnapped. Just that she is gone and her bike was in the bay. No witnesses, no ransom, etc....Lauren does not seem to be on there either. They are over 18, so not children like Sierra, who is listed and Holly, who had a witness.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    What's BBM?

It means bolded by me. For when one quotes something to a part of which one then gives added emphasis.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

JMO
    With today's modern technology, and numerous occupations that pay per diem to send employees to multiple states, frequently in the same day..serial killing and assaulting is not just possible but probable and rediculous not to consider. For example- husband works aerial firefighting, crew- anywhere from 3-10 per plane, is dispatched daily to a different fire in a different state. They rent cars and stay at local hotels and can be in one state for one hour to two weeks depends on the fire. I recently caught up and spent six weeks with him in NC. Some of the crew drives with tools, same with construction and many many others. When someone disappears with no trace, I lean heavily towards a person with this type of occupation. It's not throwing everyone against a wall, it's sleuthing, investigating and processing all available information.

I apologize for any posts of mine that were not TOS compliant. I understand WS liability issues. As I understand it, once someone is legally charged and especially convicted for crimes you have suggested they may have committed, they have no grounds to sue you for libel or slander. Once information is made public it is protected under the freedom Information act, privacy is not protected. Like, RSOs..am I wrong? Regardless, I won't discuss anything other than the bike or the truck, as directed. I hope she and her abductor are found soon. I'm headed back to Sacramento this afternoon to look for Linnea Lomax.
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mahouston69 For This Useful Post:

The "out there" theories have actually made me post less in here and I would bet it is the same for some others. I obviously don't mean to disrespect anyone's opinion, but I guess certain discussions interest different people and the statistically likely options just tend to interest me more than some of the more creative options for what happened to her. I still peep in every now and then to offer positive thoughts for Mickey though!
    I also understand why the conversations have gotten pretty creative at points. This is probably the least I have personally ever seen to go on in a case. Like, in Lauren's case we have what feels like 20 different POIs and only two main routes of interest. Mickey? One VOI that the family and LE don't seem to care that much about finding and a bike in water.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...
    Some have left them, some have buried them (quite a few), some have dismembered them and thrown them in water...some have kept them for long periods of time before becoming bored and doing any one of the before mentioned. Some of used different weapons, different cars, bikes, different states, some have never been caught and killed hundreds...because of narrow thinking and pegging their crimes into one town, state or MO.
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahouston69 For This Useful Post:

'cluciano63, the only thing that I feel is important/consistent is the petite blondes size'. I feel that they are also unrelated except that most were abducted by sexual predators..some stalked & some victims of opportunity..
    I am also very confident that the majority, if not all are drug/meth related, either directly or indirectly.

All serial killers do not dump their victims & leave them where they lay. Many are forensically aware and will go to great lengths to delay or prevent detection & identification. Many have burial grounds to revisit their victims due to necrophilia and reliving their crimes..

FYI: Necrophilia is prevalent among morticians & many funeral home employees. It is seldom reported to LE due to the obvious ramifications. There are many documented cases..
    Last edited by Foxfire; 07-03-2012 at 06:21 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

I think that Mickey was a victim of a random criminal opportunity abduction. I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and someone came upon her when she was most vulnerable, and overpowered her quickly, no muss, no fuss.

I was at my 20 yr old DD's apartment recently with 4 of her friends. I forced them to review a few of these cases because they all ride their bikes to school and back and sometimes ride home alone after dark. They felt pretty safe but I worked hard to shatter that illusion of invulnerability. They promised to not ride all alone late at night and to call each other if they need someone to pick them up if it is late.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Want to clarify about the psychics thing without bringing up anything about a case.
    Sometimes,they are allowing their minds to wander,and to wander as far, far out there as they can imagine. MOO
    A misinterpretation could trigger a thought process in someone else that leads to an important clue that had nothing to do with the psychic's scenario. MOO grokking.
    not making a case for psychics here.
    Last edited by Ixchel13; 07-03-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: adding ing
    Faith, Hope, and Love

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ixchel13 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast