Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    How is the family doing?

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I am sure LE knows by now, but obviously they do not need anything from the public with regards to her activities that day, since they are not asking. I guess they don't think the public can be of much use, unless they happen to find the driver of the truck, and not even sure that would be useful at this point.

good point

how long would forensics on bike have taken? i know LE isn't going to reveal the results, but i'm just wondering when the results would have likely all been in. i remember mouton saying that not ALL were in yet, but that was a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by manlet View Post
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...nclick_check=1

It's also interesting to note that the caption under the photo of the private investigator on that site says..

"Private Investigator John Abdella gathers evidence and takes notes in his search for missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick."

Yet he's holding a pen on top of a blank notepad.
    Nah, it's not blank. The photochoppers will be along to tell us exactly what's written on that notepad (or under it).

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to paris_paris For This Useful Post:

Checking for news.. this seems to be the last article I could find:

"Still no answers in Shunick case" June 24th
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...sey=nav%7Chead
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum, and what I write is meant only for Websleuths.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by manlet View Post
    Silenced by whom? and for what reason?
    The family? I have no idea why. It was their decision to not do the radio show. Maybe they know something that has not been made public?

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_girl88 View Post
    How is the family doing?
    I talked with a mutual friend today....(my son's friend and also Charlie and Mickey's friend). He said he spoke with Charlie late last week and she is strong and determined. She cries, I'm sure they all do. But he said you can just see her reach down inside of herself to find some hope. This family has really circled their wagons and come together to share their strength and work for Mickey's return.

A FB post showed a picture of a tattoo that someone had gotten on his arm; it is a filled in Mickey-on-her-bike shape, and Nancy said she is going to get that tattoo as soon as Mickey comes home. I don't think they are entertaining any other possibility, at least not publically.

There is going to be a concert and ATV ride fundraiser for Mickey in Breaux Bridge toward the end of July. I truly hope she is found before then.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

this place along the mississippi river right after the mississippi river bridge on the campus side of the river has always spooked me. it's perfect for dumping because it's abandoned. i see homeless people in there, well i guess that's what i'm seeing. hard to say while on the bridge. it's like a cement parking garage type structure right over the river.

http://goo.gl/maps/ysgA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by paris_paris View Post
    Nah, it's not blank. The photochoppers will be along to tell us exactly what's written on that notepad (or under it).
    LOL! Love the photochoppers!

Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    he was obviously silenced. within a period of about 2 weeks everyone seemed to go silent. within this time frame the family asked ACI to step down and they then declined to do the radio interview.
    Just for the sake of discussion. What would be the reason for asking the PI to step down and total silence by LE and Family PI?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NquiringMind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    LOL! Love the photochoppers!
    They will have that pad so enlarged we will be able to see the bleedthrough from a dotted 'i' three pages down...if we look closely enough of course!

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NquiringMind View Post
    Just for the sake of discussion. What would be the reason for asking the PI to step down and total silence by LE and Family PI?
    They have a pretty good idea of what happened with the evidence to support it. They've got a suspect and is waiting to move in on him/her/them.
    "Ah, when to the heart of man
    Was it ever less than a treason
    To go with the drift of things,
    To yield with a grace to reason,
    And bow and accept the end
    Of a love or a season?"

-"Reluctance" by Robert Frost

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaffySleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    They will have that pad so enlarged we will be able to see the bleedthrough from a dotted 'i' three pages down...if we look closely enough of course!
    Or bigfoot.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aviatrix For This Useful Post:

? For local

Do they fish here?

http://www.trafficland.com/city/LFT/camera/7473/

I-10 @ Ramah

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...
    Some do and some don't. Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy come to mind.

This is a very interesting article on serial killer myths. Read through the whole article:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c...ths/index.html

A couple of things that stood out:

Outside of dumb luck, the number one way serial killers are caught is through the help of the public.

The typical scenario in a serial homicide investigation follows a well trodden path. First, the police try not to let the public know there is a serial killer out there. If they get lucky, there will be only a small paragraph in the local paper and within a short time, everyone will forget about the murder. Then, hopefully the killer will move to another jurisdiction. If he doesnt stop killing in your jurisdiction, just keep denying that the string of murders in your community are linked. Before DNA actually linked the death of five women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 2002 the police steadfastly told the community there was no serial killer on the loose. This was rather hard to believe considering how many women were dead. The words of victim Pam Kinamores brother-in-law, Ed White, sum it up rather well. The truth is I dont care how many of these cases have been linked by DNA evidence. The truth is either we have one serial killer in Baton Rouge or we have a lot of killers in Baton Rouge, and either way weve got a serious problem here.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jujube For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast