649 users online (76 members and 573 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TN - Carryville, LIVING female, 15-21, mentally disabled, Jun'12 - Lynn Cameron

CARYVILLE (WATE) - Authorities are asking for the public's help to identify a young woman who mysteriously appeared at a bar in Caryville on June 28.

The woman, who appears to be between 15 and 21, showed up at the Big Orange Bar, 184 John McGhee Boulevard, around 10:30 p.m. Investigators believe someone dropped her off there.

http://www.wate.com/story/18933306/y...b_ref=newspage

I didnt see this posted, if it is please remove or move it to the correct spot if I have put it the wrong spot
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.

TN - Caryville - Police need help ID'ing young autistic woman - Jun'12

CARYVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Authorities are asking for your help identifying a woman who inexplicably showed up at a Caryville bar last Thursday night.

Police said the unknown woman, who they believe is between 15 and 21 years-old, appeared at the Big Orange Bar, 184 John McGhee Blvd., around 10:30 p.m. She was alone and had no purse, bags, or other belongings with her.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headli...161097705.html

Thank you Carl for posting this. I am hoping our sleuthers can help find out who this young girl is. I heard on the local news this morning she has mentioned being from out west, possibly Las Vegas area, or Texas. She looks on the younger side to me, but I find it very sad that someone would drop this young girl off and not come back for her. She was found I believe on June 28th, and nobody has come back for her. =(

Prayers she will be identified and brought to someone who love her.

I cant believe that she was dropped off... let alone near a bar at 10.30pm at night. Extraordinary - anything could have happened between being 'dropped off' and being found in the bar and someone alerting police. I hope she now she get the care she needs. This must be very confusing time for her. I hope she is identified soon.

Redwood146, that's such a good point. I'd like to think someone was watching to make sure she made it inside, but even then she wasn't guaranteed to be in safe hands. That bar could be the most genteel establishment for all I know, but if just one bad character was there that night she could have been preyed upon.

"Investigators say she was not injured in any way" -- I assume this means she was not neglected, either, and she looks to have healthy skin and (possibly permed?) hair. Assuming those are her glasses, someone took her to an eye doctor. If they haven't already, LE should inquire among all opticians and optometrists in the region, as they would likely remember her as a patient.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

This case makes me very ill...
    "Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"
    All statements made are my opinion unless linked to an MSM

Possibly may recognize this person, trying to email someone who would know better and more about her. Email and call into my friend to verify. Just not positive on the teeth.

Crossing fingers here.

There were some pretty widespread power outages, as well as vehicular accidents and the like in the area at the time. I wonder if it is possible this young womans' caregiver(s) do not even know she is missing, or are unable to know? Thank god she is safe, but I am concerned about the home she went missing from.

Peliman, please update when you hear back from your friend.

Friends not called back yet, she maybe unable to use her phone at work. Since she hasn't made contact I've called it in at the LE number. They only took my name and phone number and said I would get a call back. I suppose we'll see how it develops.

Pel

I will try and get more info re: the condition she was found in, and the search efforts used/being used trying to ID her.

I hope the call back says she was reunited with the folks who love her.

Just spoke to the chief of police in Caryville, gave him the info I had. Still not heard from my friend on confirmation. Not seeing any missing person reports from around here. If it's not her she has a twin.

Unhappy

Does anyone know if this has been in the news, Northeast/east TN? Perhaps someone gave her a ride to the bar knowing she would be safe? Looking at the glasses and the teeth she may have been in a group type home. The "home" or whatever could be state run and possibly have funds for generic type vision correction but dental cost (braces) are probably prohibitive in cost. I know from experience that dental work is so expensive (having two girls in braces in their teens) that I doubt a state/county run program probably wouldn't have the resources. Hope she is identified soon and is well taken care of. So sad!

Hi South-

This story has run in E. TN as this is where I am from. I heard on the local news as of yesterday that she has not been identified. They stated that they still believe she was intentionally left at the bar according to the lady officer they interviewed. They do have quite a few group homes around here, but I have worked at one before and they keep close contact on them. This story just makes me very sad and upset for this poor girl. =(

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    Does anyone know if this has been in the news, Northeast/east TN? Perhaps someone gave her a ride to the bar knowing she would be safe? Looking at the glasses and the teeth she may have been in a group type home. The "home" or whatever could be state run and possibly have funds for generic type vision correction but dental cost (braces) are probably prohibitive in cost. I know from experience that dental work is so expensive (having two girls in braces in their teens) that I doubt a state/county run program probably wouldn't have the resources. Hope she is identified soon and is well taken care of. So sad!
    BBM - If I have the right person and think I do, a group home would fit her persona. I've called two group homes in the area. One was for all men, the other doesn't answer. Still no word from my friend although it may take her time to return home and view her email.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast