Identified! TN - Carryville, LIVING female, 15-21, mentally disabled, Jun'12 - Lynn Cameron

RJA00

Bring HaLeigh Home !!!
Reaction score
CARYVILLE (WATE) - Authorities are asking for the public's help to identify a young woman who mysteriously appeared at a bar in Caryville on June 28.

The woman, who appears to be between 15 and 21, showed up at the Big Orange Bar, 184 John McGhee Boulevard, around 10:30 p.m. Investigators believe someone dropped her off there.

http://www.wate.com/story/18933306/young-woman-with-unknown-identity-in-caryville?fb_ref=newspage

I didnt see this posted, if it is please remove or move it to the correct spot if I have put it the wrong spot

CARYVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Authorities are asking for your help identifying a woman who inexplicably showed up at a Caryville bar last Thursday night.

Police said the unknown woman, who they believe is between 15 and 21 years-old, appeared at the Big Orange Bar, 184 John McGhee Blvd., around 10:30 p.m. She was alone and had no purse, bags, or other belongings with her.

found-girl-sm.jpg

http://www.local8now.com/home/headl..._who_appeared_at_Caryville_bar_161097705.html

Thank you Carl for posting this. I am hoping our sleuthers can help find out who this young girl is. I heard on the local news this morning she has mentioned being from out west, possibly Las Vegas area, or Texas. She looks on the younger side to me, but I find it very sad that someone would drop this young girl off and not come back for her. She was found I believe on June 28th, and nobody has come back for her. =(

CareyvilleTN-_janedoe.jpg

Prayers she will be identified and brought to someone who love her.

I cant believe that she was dropped off... let alone near a bar at 10.30pm at night. Extraordinary - anything could have happened between being 'dropped off' and being found in the bar and someone alerting police. I hope she now she get the care she needs. This must be very confusing time for her. I hope she is identified soon.

Redwood146, that's such a good point. I'd like to think someone was watching to make sure she made it inside, but even then she wasn't guaranteed to be in safe hands. That bar could be the most genteel establishment for all I know, but if just one bad character was there that night she could have been preyed upon.

"Investigators say she was not injured in any way" -- I assume this means she was not neglected, either, and she looks to have healthy skin and (possibly permed?) hair. Assuming those are her glasses, someone took her to an eye doctor. If they haven't already, LE should inquire among all opticians and optometrists in the region, as they would likely remember her as a patient.

Possibly may recognize this person, trying to email someone who would know better and more about her. Email and call into my friend to verify. Just not positive on the teeth.

Crossing fingers here.

There were some pretty widespread power outages, as well as vehicular accidents and the like in the area at the time. I wonder if it is possible this young womans' caregiver(s) do not even know she is missing, or are unable to know? Thank god she is safe, but I am concerned about the home she went missing from. :(

Peliman, please update when you hear back from your friend.

Friends not called back yet, she maybe unable to use her phone at work. Since she hasn't made contact I've called it in at the LE number. They only took my name and phone number and said I would get a call back. I suppose we'll see how it develops.

Pel

I will try and get more info re: the condition she was found in, and the search efforts used/being used trying to ID her.

I hope the call back says she was reunited with the folks who love her.

Just spoke to the chief of police in Caryville, gave him the info I had. Still not heard from my friend on confirmation. Not seeing any missing person reports from around here. If it's not her she has a twin.

Does anyone know if this has been in the news, Northeast/east TN? Perhaps someone gave her a ride to the bar knowing she would be safe? Looking at the glasses and the teeth she may have been in a group type home. The "home" or whatever could be state run and possibly have funds for generic type vision correction but dental cost (braces) are probably prohibitive in cost. I know from experience that dental work is so expensive (having two girls in braces in their teens) that I doubt a state/county run program probably wouldn't have the resources. Hope she is identified soon and is well taken care of. So sad!

Hi South-

This story has run in E. TN as this is where I am from. I heard on the local news as of yesterday that she has not been identified. They stated that they still believe she was intentionally left at the bar according to the lady officer they interviewed. They do have quite a few group homes around here, but I have worked at one before and they keep close contact on them. This story just makes me very sad and upset for this poor girl. =(

Does anyone know if this has been in the news, Northeast/east TN? Perhaps someone gave her a ride to the bar knowing she would be safe? Looking at the glasses and the teeth she may have been in a group type home. The "home" or whatever could be state run and possibly have funds for generic type vision correction but dental cost (braces) are probably prohibitive in cost. I know from experience that dental work is so expensive (having two girls in braces in their teens) that I doubt a state/county run program probably wouldn't have the resources. Hope she is identified soon and is well taken care of. So sad!

BBM - If I have the right person and think I do, a group home would fit her persona. I've called two group homes in the area. One was for all men, the other doesn't answer. Still no word from my friend although it may take her time to return home and view her email.

Looking at a road atlas, I see that Interstate 75 goes thru Caryville. I also see that Caryville is 26 miles from Kentucky.

Has this young woman's story been run in the Lexington and Hazard news medias in Kentucky?

How terribly sad! She looks so young to me. I hope this sweet girl will be reunited with loved one soon

I hope this link is okay to post. I couldn't find a list of prohibited sites for posting, but this site looked legit enough. Mods, apologies in advance if this has to be removed.

Here is an update on this case:

http://missingpersonsnews.com/updat...s-search-and-turns-up-new-surveillance-video/

Chief Jones advises that a person in a local restaurant believes this woman was seen with an older woman about an hour before she appeared at The Big Orange Bar in Caryville, Tennessee, around 10:30pm on the night of the 28th.

The Chief of Police told us they are looking for a Green Chevrolet Blazer,

Additional information regarding a possible eyewitness from southern Illinois indicates the young woman may have been in the south tip of the Prairie State recently, or may possibly be known in the St. Louis, MO, area.

Thank you for finding that article, yorick. It's good to know LE has made the call-out to optometrists and opthamologists, but interesting to know they're specifically looking for doctors not only in Tennessee but Illinois and Texas when those states don't share any borders. Maybe the eyeglass frames were from a chain with locations only in those states? Then again, the Illinois connection may be due to that report (also mentioned in the article) from a possible eyewitness. It's quite possible that whoever left this woman at the bar didn't plan this too far in advance or he/she would have realized the glasses could identify the woman's general location.

One must wonder how often this woman went out in public aside from visits to her eye doctor, and how her caretaker/relative is explaining her sudden absence -- a stay with another relative? A transfer to a group home?

BBM - If I have the right person and think I do, a group home would fit her persona. I've called two group homes in the area. One was for all men, the other doesn't answer. Still no word from my friend although it may take her time to return home and view her email.

Schools and special ed classes too, peli? I couldn't get a straight answer from my contacts as to whether or not she was more responsive to a specific name, food, animal, water (I think maybe no one asked?) Knoxville is where I am leaning, I sure hope I get another call back soon. Regarding her eyeglass prescription- people usually associate memories with physical experiences. Maybe Caryville could try a pretend eye exam and ask about what she ate afterwards, whether it was hot or cold, light or dark out, that sort of thing? Or maybe they already have? I really hope they are able to make an ID soon. So glad she is safe, but she needs her name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back