Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    How did that not come up in the FBI background check, personal history and psych eval?
    Well, obviously, she knew enough to keep her mouth shut on the subject of angels at certain times.

I certainly know people of strong faith who believe they see supernatural phenomena on occasion. If doesn't seem to interfere with their ability to sense the natural world clearly and I don't consider them crazy.

But if it ever gets to the point of, "I couldn't see the evidence, Sir, because there were angels in the way," then it may be time to retire.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    My first thought regarding the "guardian angels" being late was this:

Perhaps they WERE guardian angels...lives were saved that day.

Perhaps the angels were guarding THOSE souls...the ones at the intended target...from the only place were the necessary actions could occur: on the plane.

Perhaps the guardian angels were there to protect the people on the plane JUST LONG ENOUGH for them to overtake the plane and save those other people who surely would have died had the plane reached its intended target. Had the Flight 93 people been killed in their attempt to overtake the hijackers, the plane most likely would have reached its destination. Keeping those people safe for that short period of time has kept other people alive for years.

Perhaps the guardian angels were there to comfort the people as they plunged to their deaths. Guarding doesn't necessarily mean saving.

If she did see guardian angels, I think they did their job quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by justbeachy View Post
    My first thought regarding the "guardian angels" being late was this:

Perhaps they WERE guardian angels...lives were saved that day.

Perhaps the angels were guarding THOSE souls...the ones at the intended target...from the only place were the necessary actions could occur: on the plane.

Perhaps the guardian angels were there to protect the people on the plane JUST LONG ENOUGH for them to overtake the plane and save those other people who surely would have died had the plane reached its intended target. Had the Flight 93 people been killed in their attempt to overtake the hijackers, the plane most likely would have reached its destination. Keeping those people safe for that short period of time has kept other people alive for years.

Perhaps the guardian angels were there to comfort the people as they plunged to their deaths. Guarding doesn't necessarily mean saving.

If she did see guardian angels, I think they did their job quite well.
    So the guardian angels could get to Pennsylvania to help crash the plane, but not to Newark to stop the flight altogether?

I swear, if guardian angels exist, they are the most incompetent crowd in the universe!

I know, I know: let's make up more excuses for their countless failures, all to defend a concept for which there is no proof whatsoever. (And moreover, the witness claims she saw them lined up in columns. I won't begin to speculate why non-physical beings need to operate in orderly lines.)

I've never claimed the FBI agent in question didn't see something; for all I know, it may even have been something metaphysical. I merely object to the assumption that they were "guardians". That seems invented out of whole cloth.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Nova, I think our belief system is so different that we would never agree on what this woman possibly did or did not see. For all I know, she didn't see diddly-squat. My belief system, however, leaves guardian angels open as a possibility.

As for where the "angels" could get in a timely fashion to prevent XYZ, I'm sure they could have if that had been God's will. Again, my belief system supports this and I gather that yours does not. Never the twain shall meet.

Regardless, based on what DID happen, I was offering possibilities for why a guardian angel would possibly be in that field.

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to justbeachy For This Useful Post:

I've always wondered why I kinda-maybe-sort-of believe in the concept of ghosts as an observable objective phenomenon, but have never believed the same possibility about angels. No idea why. I mean, I was raised in the church.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justbeachy View Post
    Nova, I think our belief system is so different that we would never agree on what this woman possibly did or did not see. For all I know, she didn't see diddly-squat. My belief system, however, leaves guardian angels open as a possibility.

As for where the "angels" could get in a timely fashion to prevent XYZ, I'm sure they could have if that had been God's will. Again, my belief system supports this and I gather that yours does not. Never the twain shall meet.

Regardless, based on what DID happen, I was offering possibilities for why a guardian angel would possibly be in that field.
    beachy, I suspect our belief systems aren't as different as this thread may have led you to believe.

Let's recall that the writer arrived on the scene three hours after the crash and claims (apparently the claim is hers; again, it isn't a direct quote) to have seen "guardian angels protecting the crash site".

Protecting it from what? Litterers?

It is the assumption that the lights she saw must be "guardian" angels to which I object. We can play "Maybe" all day long, but I still see no reason why a "legion" of angels was protecting little more than a hole in the ground.

(Of course I was being facetious about not getting to Newark in time. I don't think supernatural beings are confined by space or time. But I will admit it strikes me as more than a tad random to believe we need "guardian angels" to protect us some of the time, only to ignore us when "it is God's will". If everything that happens is God's will, why do we need guardians in the first place?)

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Angels

Hard to say what she did or didn't see or perceive...

But the "guardian" angels comment is from the 'reviewer' who wrote the article....have seen nothing in the book or video that says SHE saw angels "guarding" the site...

But as I type this...that's sort of irrelevant....

In times of great trauma...who knows what kicks into play....

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tucarra For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tucarra View Post
    Hard to say what she did or didn't see or perceive...

But the "guardian" angels comment is from the 'reviewer' who wrote the article....have seen nothing in the book or video that says SHE saw angels "guarding" the site...

But as I type this...that's sort of irrelevant....

In times of great trauma...who knows what kicks into play....
    Thank you, Tucarra. I don't think it's irrelevant at all, since the "guardian" part was the only part that bothered me. If the author believes she saw some sort of supernatural phenomenon at the site of so many deaths and such historical significance, I don't necessarily disbelieve her. I can't prove her right, of course, but I'm open to the possibility.

It was always the phrase about angels "guarding the crash site" that bothered me. As I wrote above, "What the hell for?"

Now I wonder where the reviewer got that phrase and why s/he used it.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Did she try taking any pics with her cell phone? Why...not?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

I can imagine that being at a crash site where all of these lives were pulverized with no remnant that was recognizable might be overwhelming.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Cool

Anything to make a buck I guess. And if she is sincere, I'm glad she's retired.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to animlzrule For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    Nova, that's just mean.

I don't think they were "late." Do YOU know how long it takes to leave the body and go to the next world? Do you know how long it takes to assimilate that you're now dead, and it's time to move on? Late? Because they didn't prevent the tragedy of 9/11? If you truly believe that, then you don't understand the concept of free will at all.
    Guardian in this context means of your soul - not your life imo.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:

Call me what you want...feeble minded, weak, a sheep, etc. I WANT to believe her.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Did she try taking any pics with her cell phone? Why...not?
    I doubt the fbi would be permitted to take pics of a crime scene with their cell phone.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Call me crazy....looking today at some of the footage from the scene, I do see something that is unnatural IMO. Especially on news video footage, and if it's smoke then it doesnt move (near the trees) and is in many images/videos. SO I believe she saw something but not sure what.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast