1237 users online (278 members and 959 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Mark Ysasaga, 15, Lubbock, 13 June 2012 *Arrest*

http://m.lubbockonline.com/filed-onl...missing-person

Trying to post this from my phone... If a
    Mod could edit and add last name "Ysasaga" that would be great.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-04-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Wow! I thought a child was considered "MISSING" until proven otherwise.
    I feel so bad for this family. 18 days after the disappearance is a long time
    to wait to START an investigation.

Praying for his safe return!

FWIW... I hope she hires a lawyer to look into the actions of the PD!
    "Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"
    All statements made are my opinion unless linked to an MSM

TX - Mark Anthony Ysasaga - 15 years old - Lubbock - 13-Jun-2012

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-c...missing-person

Posted: July 3, 2012 - 5:32pm |
    Updated: July 4, 2012 - 1:14am
    By Adam D. Young

Police consider teen last seen June 13 a missing person

Police request public help finding missing Lubbock teen

http://www.kcbd.com/story/18946487/p...g-lubbock-teen

Posted: Jul 03, 2012 7:19 PM EDT
    Updated: Jul 03, 2012 7:44 PM EDT
    By KCBD Staff

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -At a 6:30 p.m. press conference Tuesday, Lubbock police requested the public's help in locating missing Lubbock teen Mark Anthony Ysasaga.

Quote Originally Posted by tlzzdavis View Post
    Wow! I thought a child was considered "MISSING" until proven otherwise.
    I feel so bad for this family. 18 days after the disappearance is a long time
    to wait to START an investigation.

Praying for his safe return!

FWIW... I hope she hires a lawyer to look into the actions of the PD!
    I took this to mean they had been considering him a runaway due to information from people outside the family... friends, classmates, etc. They were looking into his disappearance from the start, and just recently classsified it a missing case. I don't take it to mean they didn't even begin investigating until now.
    LE nearly always consider missing teens as runaways unless there is evidence that they may have been kidnapped or some harm has come to them. There aren't that many cases of 15 y.o. males abducted, so I can see where they would think he was a runaway.

There was a 4th of July parade in downtown Lubbock this morning and the family was there handing out flyers. So very sad, I hope they find this young man soon.

I hope more details are released.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I took this to mean they had been considering him a runaway due to information from people outside the family... friends, classmates, etc. They were looking into his disappearance from the start, and just recently classsified it a missing case. I don't take it to mean they didn't even begin investigating until now.
    LE nearly always consider missing teens as runaways unless there is evidence that they may have been kidnapped or some harm has come to them. There aren't that many cases of 15 y.o. males abducted, so I can see where they would think he was a runaway.
    http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC74.pdf
    DOC. PAGE #111
    PDF PAGE #129

Fortunately today law enforcement is more aware of the fact all missing children — including runaways — are “at-risk” and need to be located as quickly as possible. Life “on the run” for these children is extremely dangerous and harmful. The longer they are on the street, the greater their chances of falling victim to those who wish to exploit them. By finding these children and providing services to help safeguard them from these dangers, communities do a better job of preventing the commercial sexual exploitation of these children. By finding runaways, determining the reasons for their behavior, and providing social-service solutions to those problems, communities will provide a healthier environment for children at-risk and the community at-large, but the first step is to find the runaway child.
    I understand he is a teen.
    I understand his "friends" were saying he ran away.

BUT he is a someone's child. He is just a drive away from Mexico; which is very well known for human trafficking. Kids will say ANYTHING to cover their own butt. After years of working in a school district in the Phoenix area; I no longer believe a child goes missing on their own accord until it is proven.

In this case I hope it is true that he is "just a runaway" because the perp just got one hell of a jumpstart on covering their tracks if he was taken against his own will.

Praying for his family!

(with the exception of the quote this post is IMOO)
    "Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"
    All statements made are my opinion unless linked to an MSM

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/...n#.T_VsmPUlu0p

Updated article. It doesn't have a lot more information, but it seems the family is getting some help.

National group joins search for missing teen

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/...h-missing-teen

Posted: July 4, 2012 - 11:09pm |
    Updated: July 5, 2012 - 12:28am
    By Adam D. Young

<snipped>
    “After this many days, I can see where law enforcement agencies would upgrade him to a missing person,” said Bob Lowery, executive director of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s missing children’s division.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/mostpopu...a8Cv1hjiA.cspx

Snipped:
    Last they knew he was walking to his dad's house to get clothes, but 15-year-old Mark Anthony Ysasaga's parents said he never made it.

http://missingpersonsnews.com/lubboc...wing-stronger/

Lubbock teen now missing more than a week; concern growing stronger
    By Erica Morse
    Editor-in-Chief, MPN
    Updated 12:00pm CST, June 22, 2012

Snipped:
    His mother, Anna Maria Ysasaga-Cuevas tells MPN her son is not the type of kid who would just disappear or run away. “My kids have freedom, because I want them to be able to do the things they want to do,” Ysasaga-Cuevas said. “So it doesn’t make sense why he would run away when he has the freedom to enjoy life already. My son was a loving and caring son and loved to be with all his friends. And not one friend has heard anything from him at all.”

Snipped:
    Mark’s mother told us her son spent the night at a friend’s house, and that no one has seen him since. Without assigning blame or suspicion, she has noted the friend*has been “unusually quiet” since her son’s disappearance.

Snipped:
    His father found the back of the bed of his truck that night around midnight, and he had put it on the front porch thinking he was coming back for it,” Ysasaga-Cueves told MPN.

Snipped:
    Rumors are rampant in this case, as several*teenagers from the area claim to have knowledge of Mark’s whereabouts. One possible disturbing new piece of information came to light*Wednesday evening, at a vigil for Mark. However, Detectives from the Lubbock Police Department have not responded to MPN’s calls on this new information, which may not be meant for public disclosure.

15 y/o YOUNG TEENAGE BOY with the freedom to come & go as he pleases?

I had to smack myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating bc in the same article suspicion is surreptitiously being placed elsewhere.

Then I read the dad found the truck bed thingy around midnight & set it on or by the porch thinking Mark might come by to get it... Midnight? 15 year old?

Freedom & a 15 y/o? Freedom is one thing, but no rules, no curfew, etc is another.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast