GUILTY TX - Mark Ysasaga, 15, Lubbock, 13 June 2012

Wow! I thought a child was considered "MISSING" until proven otherwise.
I feel so bad for this family. 18 days after the disappearance is a long time
to wait to START an investigation.

Praying for his safe return!

FWIW... I hope she hires a lawyer to look into the actions of the PD!

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-...onsider-teen-last-seen-june-13-missing-person

Posted: July 3, 2012 - 5:32pm |
Updated: July 4, 2012 - 1:14am
By Adam D. Young

Police consider teen last seen June 13 a missing person

11295995.jpg

Wow! I thought a child was considered "MISSING" until proven otherwise.
I feel so bad for this family. 18 days after the disappearance is a long time
to wait to START an investigation.

Praying for his safe return!

FWIW... I hope she hires a lawyer to look into the actions of the PD!

I took this to mean they had been considering him a runaway due to information from people outside the family... friends, classmates, etc. They were looking into his disappearance from the start, and just recently classsified it a missing case. I don't take it to mean they didn't even begin investigating until now.
LE nearly always consider missing teens as runaways unless there is evidence that they may have been kidnapped or some harm has come to them. There aren't that many cases of 15 y.o. males abducted, so I can see where they would think he was a runaway.

There was a 4th of July parade in downtown Lubbock this morning and the family was there handing out flyers. So very sad, I hope they find this young man soon.

I took this to mean they had been considering him a runaway due to information from people outside the family... friends, classmates, etc. They were looking into his disappearance from the start, and just recently classsified it a missing case. I don't take it to mean they didn't even begin investigating until now.
LE nearly always consider missing teens as runaways unless there is evidence that they may have been kidnapped or some harm has come to them. There aren't that many cases of 15 y.o. males abducted, so I can see where they would think he was a runaway.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC74.pdf
DOC. PAGE #111
PDF PAGE #129
Fortunately today law enforcement is more aware of the fact all missing children — including runaways — are “at-risk” and need to be located as quickly as possible. Life “on the run” for these children is extremely dangerous and harmful. The longer they are on the street, the greater their chances of falling victim to those who wish to exploit them. By finding these children and providing services to help safeguard them from these dangers, communities do a better job of preventing the commercial sexual exploitation of these children. By finding runaways, determining the reasons for their behavior, and providing social-service solutions to those problems, communities will provide a healthier environment for children at-risk and the community at-large, but the first step is to find the runaway child.

I understand he is a teen.
I understand his "friends" were saying he ran away.

BUT he is a someone's child. He is just a drive away from Mexico; which is very well known for human trafficking. Kids will say ANYTHING to cover their own butt. After years of working in a school district in the Phoenix area; I no longer believe a child goes missing on their own accord until it is proven.

In this case I hope it is true that he is "just a runaway" because the perp just got one hell of a jumpstart on covering their tracks if he was taken against his own will.

Praying for his family!

(with the exception of the quote this post is IMOO)

http://missingpersonsnews.com/lubbock-teen-now-missing-more-than-a-week-concern-growing-stronger/

Lubbock teen now missing more than a week; concern growing stronger
By Erica Morse
Editor-in-Chief, MPN
Updated 12:00pm CST, June 22, 2012

Snipped:
His mother, Anna Maria Ysasaga-Cuevas tells MPN her son is not the type of kid who would just disappear or run away. “My kids have freedom, because I want them to be able to do the things they want to do,” Ysasaga-Cuevas said. “So it doesn’t make sense why he would run away when he has the freedom to enjoy life already. My son was a loving and caring son and loved to be with all his friends. And not one friend has heard anything from him at all.”

Snipped:
Mark’s mother told us her son spent the night at a friend’s house, and that no one has seen him since. Without assigning blame or suspicion, she has noted the friend*has been “unusually quiet” since her son’s disappearance.

Snipped:
“His father found the back of the bed of his truck that night around midnight, and he had put it on the front porch thinking he was coming back for it,” Ysasaga-Cueves told MPN.

Snipped:
Rumors are rampant in this case, as several*teenagers from the area claim to have knowledge of Mark’s whereabouts. One possible disturbing new piece of information came to light*Wednesday evening, at a vigil for Mark. However, Detectives from the Lubbock Police Department have not responded to MPN’s calls on this new information, which may not be meant for public disclosure.

15 y/o YOUNG TEENAGE BOY with the freedom to come & go as he pleases?

I had to smack myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating bc in the same article suspicion is surreptitiously being placed elsewhere.

Then I read the dad found the truck bed thingy around midnight & set it on or by the porch thinking Mark might come by to get it... Midnight? 15 year old?

Freedom & a 15 y/o? Freedom is one thing, but no rules, no curfew, etc is another.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Story.jpg

MARK ANTHONY YSASAGA
Case Type:*Endangered Runaway *
DOB:*Mar 28, 1997 Sex:*Male
Missing Date: Jun 13, 2012 Race:*Hispanic
Age Now:*15 Height:* 5'7" (170 cm)
Missing City:*LUBBOCK Weight:* 145 lbs (66 kg)
Missing State :* TX Hair Color:*Brown
Missing Country:*United States Eye Color:*Brown
Case Number:*NCMC1197160
Circumstances:*Mark was last sen on June 13, 2012. Both his ears are pierced.

Hmmm... Interesting choice of words. Wonder if Mark got into a fight with one of his friends..? If thinking about a worst case scenario, maybe dumpsters in that surrounding area could be mapped out. Wonder when trash day is for each of the subsections in that area, the name of the trash company (is it Waste Management for instance?), where the trash/garbage is dumped, etc. wondering also the layout of the land & crime demographic surrounding his home, his friend's homes, and his father's home...

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2012-07-04/national-group-joins-search-missing-teen#.T_WUTIl5mc0

National group joins search for missing teen
Posted:*July 4, 2012 - 11:09pm**|**Updated:*July 5, 2012 - 12:28am
By Adam D. Young
AVALANCHE JOURNAL

Snipped:
“We just want my baby back,” she said. “We don’t care what happened. We don’t care if you got in a fight; we just want to have him back home with us and for life to get back to normal.”

Snipped:
Mark was last seen at a friend’s house on 27th Street and Flint Avenue, where he stayed the night. He left in the morning on foot, bound for another friend’s house near 50th Street and Slide Road to take a shower.

In reading all of the online articles, the mother seems genuinely worried, concerned. Maybe her choice of words are fear of what could have happened to her child. That could explain the past tense talk & indirectly placing blame somewhere. Maybe she's just speaking with words that come to her head first, instead of thinking beforehand. I know I wouldn't be thinking right if one of my kids went missing.

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=110212

ATTEMPT TO LOCATE
MISSING JUVENILE

Mark AnthonyYsasaga
DOB 3/28/97, 5'07", 145 LBS

HE WAS LAST SEEN WEARING A WHITE POLO SHIRT, RED BASKETBALL SHORTS WITH A BLACK STRIPE DOWN THE SIDE AND WHITE NIKE AIR FORCE SHOES.

HE WAS LAST SEEN ON THE EVENING OF JUNE 13TH LEAVING FOR A FRIENDS HOUSE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT CRIME LINE AT
741-1000 OR LPD JUVENILE SERGEANTS
TAVEAU AT 535-3295 OR GRIBBEN 548-4115

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member