Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

FBI in on investigation of toddler's disappearance
Police in Waterville say 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds was last seen at 8 o'clock Friday night. Justin DiPietro, the girl's father, reported her missing just before 9 a.m. Saturday, according to Waterville Police Chief Joe Massey.
According to Massey, the child was asleep in her own room, and everyone else in the house went to sleep. Massey said DiPietro was not home alone, but declined to say who else was in the home with him.
Police say the girl's mother, Trista Reynolds, lives in Portland.
The investigation involves local police, state police, wardens and the FBI. The Waterville Fire Department is managing search parties that include firefighters and members of the community.
Ayla was last seen wearing green one-piece pajamas with white polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" written on them.
She's 2' 9" tall and weighs about 30 pounds. She has short, blonde hair and her left arm is in a sling with a soft splint. Police say that injury was suffered three weeks ago when she reportedly fell down accidentally.

111217062049_photo.JPG

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/182772/112/Toddler-missing-possibly-abducted

Please continue here...

The memorial to Ayla outside her bio-dad's home has been removed.

Ayla Reynolds shrine outside her fathers' home taken down (Bangor Daily News)

<snip>"The shrine removal comes just days after a $30,000 reward offered for information leading to an arrest in Ayla&#8217;s disappearance expired. The reward, which was offered by Waterville-area businesses, expired on June 30.

&#8220;First the reward was taken away and now this,&#8221; said Trista Reynolds." <snip>

snippets from : http://bangordailynews.com/2012/07/03/news/mid-maine/ayla-shrine-outside-her-fathers-home-removed/

WATERVILLE, Maine — Questions are mounting after a pile of stuffed animals and toys honoring missing toddler Ayla Reynolds was removed on Tuesday.
The shrine removal comes just days after a $30,000 reward offered for information leading to an arrest in Ayla’s disappearance expired. The reward, which was offered by Waterville-area businesses, expired on June 30.

:seeya: Thanks for this update, ynot !

:moo: This is NOT going away, Justin, ED, CR, LD and PD ...

Just because the Reward has "gone away", removing the items left on the DiPietro home in honor of Ayla is NOT going to make Ayla's disappearance "go away" either !

LE has clearly stated the investigation into Ayla's "disappearance" WILL continue ... :please: that LE gets a break in the case soon !

:please: for Ayla and that there will be Justice !

:please:

:tyou: ynot, for the new thread !

Hopefully, the "tittle" of this thread will SOON be changed to :

AYLA FOUND !

or ...

:jail: IN AYLA REYNOLDS CASE !

:please:

dog.gone, Ayla is out there somewhere, waiting for us to find her. This is a big state, but not so big that a 3 year old should get lost in it.

Reading through some comments from article posted above...

I really like the idea someone suggested that the neighbor across the street should set up a new shrine, so every time JDP walks out his door he sees it and is reminded that Ayla is not forgotten!

BDN Editorial: As AR Reward Money Expires, Perseverance Does Not

"The online comment at the end of the Bangor Daily News&#8217; story announcing the expiration of Ayla Reynold&#8217;s search reward money reads: Poor Ayla :(

Even a $30,000 incentive couldn&#8217;t prompt discovery or recovery of the Waterville toddler.

Police don&#8217;t expect to find Ayla alive, and the reward money expired June 30...."

Interesting comment from Laurie Bingham Ayla's Angels below editiorial.

It saddens me to read Laurie's comment after the linked by ynotdivein article :( I hope she puts the memorial back up.

Reading through some comments from article posted above...

I really like the idea someone suggested that the neighbor across the street should set up a new shrine, so every time JDP walks out his door he sees it and is reminded that Ayla is not forgotten!

BBM:

:seeya: This is a great idea ! :rocker:

Thanks for sharing this ...

Oh, how I wish one of the neighbors would do something like this :D

:cheers:

Looking for Ayla updates...

found a blog site titled Where Is Ayla. (not sure if I can post the link)
I believe the site is run by "Ayla's Angel" from LostNMissing

4th of July blog...
"I also wanted to give people a chance to express their emotions in the comment section. If you have any prayers, thoughts or words of encouragement for Trista, comment below."..."It's been almost seven months since Ayla went missing! Where is Ayla?! Happy Independence Day, Buggie! Come home soon! We miss you and I know your mommy wishes you were here with her today!"

worth looking at IMO

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Lance-DiPietro-guilty-of-assault.html

Lance guilty, minuscule fine and judge says nothing about restitution. ???? Are there no real repercussions for any offenses in Waterville?
Moo
Where is Ayla?

from the article above...

"...Both attorneys agreed that the altercation was a result of bad blood between the DiPietros and Linnell.
Mitchell also asked for restitution up to $700 for medical bills which Linnell would submit, but the judge did not order restitution.

Mitchell said DiPietro admitted striking and knocking down Linnell as well as kicking him in the head.

He said it was self-defense. ..."

This self-defense claim just doesn't make sense to me...Lance is the one that got out of the car to physically confront JLinnell.

"...Lance DiPietro’s attorney, David Geller, said Linnell had posted a comment on Facebook indicating he believed Justin DiPietro had something to do with Ayla’s disappearance from her father’s home on Dec. 17.

“That will have a very emotional effect on a father who has consistently said, ‘I had nothing to do with Ayla’s disappearance,’” Geller said. “I don't think Mr. Linnell was trying to instigate that family, but that's what happened.” ..."

waaaaa...poor JDP read a mean post on Facebook.
Ashamed it couldn't have had a more "emotional effect" on him to go out looking for his missing daughter or to tell the truth about what he really knows!
(sorry for the sarcasm)

I agree wholeheartedly buggsmom. Very disappointing.

I keep thinking of Trista and praying that she is doing okay, maintaining her sobriety. I hope she still has the right support to carry her through this nightmare.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Lance-DiPietro-guilty-of-assault.html

Lance guilty, minuscule fine and judge says nothing about restitution. ???? Are there no real repercussions for any offenses in Waterville?
Moo
Where is Ayla?

:seeya: Thanks for this update on Lance's court hearing ...

BBM: Nope ... it seems like these DiPietro's get away with everything, including "murder" of an innocent baby ! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

snippet from the above link :

The judge warned him another incident could result in a long jail sentence.

OMG ... really ? "Another Incident" ? So the judge is going to wait until Lance "strikes again" to put him in the :jail: ?

This Judge KNOWS that Ayla is "missing" and Judge gives Lance a "slap on the wrist" and a "warning" :banghead:

This judge should have thrown Lance in :jail: until he TALKED about Ayla !

Sorry for the rant ... I am :rage: :furious: :rage: :furious:

:please: find Ayla and :please: let there be a break in this case !

:moo:

Are there no real repercussions for any offenses in Waterville?
Moo

I live around 40 minutes from there, so this case really hits home for me, and depending on where you are here you can pretty much get away with anything.

Even in our small cities, there are plenty of places to hide things and dispose of evidence. There is a lot of water in the state and a heck of a lot of woodland.

EDIT: Actually I'm about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Waterville. Sorry about that!

I live around 40 minutes from there, so this case really hits home for me, and depending on where you are here you can pretty much get away with anything.

Even in our small cities, there are plenty of places to hide things and dispose of evidence. There is a lot of water in the state and a heck of a lot of woodland.

:wagon::wagon: Hello and Welcome !

:welcome5:

Moo. From what was reported LD and JD tracked down Linnell, JD stopped their vehicle and LD got out and started the altercation. This wasn't a exchanging of words as they passed each other in a bar, this was hunting a person down with the plan of physically harming him. The driver got zip and the person assaulting gets a measly fine and a now, now son don't do that again. He didnt even have to pay for JL's doctors bills. This city seems like it caters to delinquents and criminals. Of course law abiding citizens won't start breaking laws because they aren't being enforced, but any loser in a 100 mile radius will be pushing the envelope when they are in Waterville. The good citizens will be and probably already are paying the price for the lax enforcement. Moo

Moo. From what was reported LD and JD tracked down Linnell, JD stopped their vehicle and LD got out and started the altercation. This wasn't a exchanging of words as they passed each other in a bar, this was hunting a person down with the plan of physically harming him. The driver got zip and the person assaulting gets a measly fine and a now, now son don't do that again. He didnt even have to pay for JL's doctors bills. This city seems like it caters to delinquents and criminals. Of course law abiding citizens won't start breaking laws because they aren't being enforced, but any loser in a 100 mile radius will be pushing the envelope when they are in Waterville. The good citizens will be and probably already are paying the price for the lax enforcement. Moo

:seeya:

BBM: Exactly !

RBBM: Exactly ! Lance was treated like a "first time offender" ... :waitasec: actually, Lance was treated like he was in "kindegarten" by this judge !

And SHAME ON this judge ! Lance's niece is MISSING -- actually, I believe poor little Ayla is gone -- and judge gives him a "deal" IMO ...

JMO and :moo: ... but I truly believe that Lance KNOWS something about what happened to Ayla ...

JMO and :moo: ... but I sure wish Mr. McCausland would have been the Judge in this case because Mr. McCausland would have given Lance the maximum ... Mr. McCausland KNOWS these DiPietro boys are NOT The Hardy Boys ... and Mr. McC does NOT hide his feelings about it !

:please: for Ayla ...

:welcome: RedBanana72. Thanks for adding your thoughts. Locals are always appreciated so much because they can add to our understanding of the flavor, the geography, the politics of the area. Hope to read more of your thoughts in future.

:seeya:

BBM: Exactly !

RBBM: Exactly ! Lance was treated like a "first time offender" ... :waitasec: actually, Lance was treated like he was in "kindegarten" by this judge !

And SHAME ON this judge ! Lance's niece is MISSING -- actually, I believe poor little Ayla is gone -- and judge gives him a "deal" IMO ...

JMO and :moo: ... but I truly believe that Lance KNOWS something about what happened to Ayla ...

JMO and :moo: ... but I sure wish Mr. McCausland would have been the Judge in this case because Mr. McCausland would have given Lance the maximum ... Mr. McCausland KNOWS these DiPietro boys are NOT The Hardy Boys ... and Mr. McC does NOT hide his feelings about it !

:please: for Ayla ...

I know your angry, but I'm sure you know that the judge cannot legally use anything relating to Ayla's case as a means of sentencing. Whether he knows something or not, this was a seperate proceeding, thus sentencing must be based on the parameters of this case alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back