CA - 3 year old hospitalized,abused--4 siblings missing

Columbo

Reaction score
In Oakland, CA, on Mon., July 2, a babysitter called 911 reporting a 3 year old boy found face-down in a bathtub. Paramedics arrived and found the boy fully clothed and dry. The little boy showed clear signs of past and current abuse. The babysitter and the child's mother and stepfather were arrested for child endangerment and child abuse. Four siblings are now missing, believed to be hidden with relatives and the parents won't say where they are.

"Missing are: Paradise Ghaimah-Medinah Mahasin, a 4-year-old girl who suffers from epilepsy;Antwan Alexander Johnson, a 6-year-old boy; Zaniyyah Nyema Johnson, a 7-year-old girl; and Alyajah Marie Johnson, a 16-year-old girl. Police said the children are all African-American, but did not released further descriptions or photographs of them."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...ldren-missing-from-north-oakland-three-people

"Missing are: Paradise Ghaimah-Medinah Mahasin, a 4-year-old girl who suffers from epilepsy;Antwan Alexander Johnson, a 6-year-old boy; Zaniyyah Nyema Johnson, a 7-year-old girl; and Alyajah Marie Johnson, a 16-year-old girl. Police said the children are all African-American, but did not released further descriptions or photographs of them."

This is not helpful. I am going to assume LE has a pretty good idea of who has them and is hoping the media pressure will surface the kids.

Why call to report a child in need who wasnt drowned? Was the plan to drown the child? Or just that the child was face down in a dry tub?

There is something desperately broken about you if you would repeatedly abuse a child. You are a failure as a human being. I cant stand these stories any more....

Anyone with information should call the Oakland Police Department's Family Youth Services unit at 510-238-3641.

This is not helpful. I am going to assume LE has a pretty good idea of who has them and is hoping the media pressure will surface the kids.

Why call to report a child in need who wasnt drowned? Was the plan to drown the child? Or just that the child was face down in a dry tub?

There is something desperately broken about you if you would repeatedly abuse a child. You are a failure as a human being. I cant stand these stories any more....

I'm wondering if the babysitter saw the abuse and called for paramedics, using any excuse she could think of (such as drowning) just to get help? I guess I'm only hoping there was someone with a bit of kindness in them in that house....I'm probably wrong.

Article now says parents AND babysitter have been arrested...no sign of the kids...

I'm wondering if the babysitter saw the abuse and called for paramedics, using any excuse she could think of (such as drowning) just to get help? I guess I'm only hoping there was someone with a bit of kindness in them in that house....I'm probably wrong.

That was my first thought too.
It seems to be open season on children at the moment :sigh:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...ldren-missing-from-north-oakland-three-people

OAKLAND -- Three young children missing from Oakland and feared to be abuse victims were found in Stanislaus County early Wednesday and are safe, police said.

Police had been searching for them in connection with the case of a 3-year-old boy who is being treated at a hospital for severe injuries allegedly caused by abuse. He remains in critical condition, police said..

Police are continuing to search for a fourth child, 16-year-old Alyajah Marie Johnson, a police spokeswoman said in a statement issued Wednesday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back