'He was completely engulfed in flames': Boy, 2, put in an induced
coma after fireworks explosion at home that 'went off like a bomb' (Daily Mail)
much more, with pictures and a video, at link above.Eleven people, including a two-year-old boy have been wounded at a home in Pelham, New Hampshire after a home fireworks display on the eve of Independence Day that went wrong.
The little boy, Ben Bertini, is in critical condition after a firework lodged itself into his arm as he was 'engulfed in flames' before he was airlifted to Shriners Hospital in Boston.
The rest of the injured suffered burns and smoke inhalation as the annual fireworks display of Christopher and Jeanne Pappathan descended into chaos after a child's sparkler ignited the large store.
The resulting effect was described as like a bomb going off resulting in an explosion which sounded like a clap of thunder.
Every. Damn. Year. And fireworks can't be left to professionals because?
So sad. These tragedies can be prevented. What a cute little boy. I hope he pulls through.
Wow. That is just horrible. So, so sad.
Justice for Trenton
I just worry that my enthusiastic neighbors will burn us all down
Here's another one...
BUCKNER, Ark. (AP) - Authorities in south Arkansas say one teenager is dead and another is recovering from injuries after they taped sparklers together and ignited them, causing an explosion.
Lafayette (luh-FAY-ett) County Chief Deputy Pete Richardson says the 17-year-old boys bound the sparklers together while celebrating Independence Day. Richardson says the sparklers exploded prematurely as 1 of the teens put a 5-gallon bucket on top of the fireworks.
My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.
The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA
Awful. So sad.
Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.