Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***DENIED!*** Our First Case. Let's Keep PedophileDonald Scott Brunstetter in prison!

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.

***DENIED!*** Our First Case. Let's Keep PedophileDonald Scott Brunstetter in prison!

WELCOME TO CITIZENS AGAINST PEDOPHILES EARLY RELEASE or simply, "CAPER."

This is our first case. If we are successful then we will work with other people in other states to get this done.

Now is the time to do something. Please do not let someone else do all the work.

We need to keep convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter behind bars.

Brunstetter sexually abused his step-daughter between the ages of 8 and 10. He has admitted his crimes.

Websleuths member LisaB is Brunstetter's ex wife and the young girl is her daughter.

He meets with the parole board on July 24th so we don't have much time. He has served a fraction of his original sentence.

LisaB came to Websleuths and asked us to write the Chair of the Maryland Parole Commission demanding Donald Scott Brunstetter serve every bit of his sentence and then be committed to civil confinement in a state facility until he is deemed “cured” and safe to be let out on the streets.

Check out THIS LINK for a list of great articles about pedophiles and the damage they do to the innocent.

Please write a real letter and use the U.S. Mail to have it delivered.

Address your letters to:

David R. Blumberg, Chair
    MARYLAND PAROLE COMMISSION
    6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 307, Baltimore, MD 21215 - 2341
    e-mail: dblumberg@dpscs.state.md.us

We can't let LisaB's daughter down. Please take 6 minutes, a piece of paper, an envelope and a stamp and make a difference.

PLEASE READ LISAB'S STORY BELOW:

Please Help Keep Donald Scott Brunstetter Behind Bars
    From 2000 (when she was 8) until 2002 (when I divorced him for unrelated reasons), Donald Scott Brunstetter deceived me and betrayed my trust by molesting my daughter on a near-daily basis. Years went by before she told anyone, although her behavior made us know something was wrong. It all spilled out one day in January 2007, and since then we have been fighting an uphill battle trying to keep him off the streets. He pleaded "Not Guilty" to all charges, but after hearing all testimony, he was found guilty of more than half the charges. He was sentenced to 3 consecutive 15 year terms and one concurrent 5 year term. We soon learned that he would not be serving 45 years, as 30 years were suspended.

Predictably, he filed an appeal, but six months after he was convicted, he penned a "confession" which he asked his trial attorney to convey to us by way of the court. It was an additional 8 months before we received it, along with word that he had dropped his appeal.

We have been informed by the Parole Commission that he is now eligible for parole, having served 25% of his sentence. He was sentenced to serve 15 years, and should serve the entirety of this sentence. When I bought my home and took on a fifteen-year mortgage, I knew I would have to make 180 monthly payments before the house was mine. Nobody is patting me on the back for having dutifully made my mortgage payment every month for 25% of the term of my loan, and offering to just "write off" the balance. It is my opinion that Donald Brunstetter should not have his sentence "discounted" either. Good behavior in a prison environment should be simple for a pedophile, as there are no children to victimize.

Donnie's parole hearing is to be held at the Hagerstown Correctional Facility on July 24th, 2012. My daughter and I have indicated to the Parole Commission that we want to be in attendance, and that Lauren would like to make a statement prior to them making a decision as to whether or not to release him.

http://tinyurl.com/NoParole4Pedophile

Child Protective Services Case http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/03%20DHR.pdf
    Anne Arundel County Case Archive http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/04%...n%20County.htm
    Statement of Criminal Charges http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/05%...%20Charges.pdf
    Summonses and Subpoenae http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/06%...20Subpoena.pdf
    Maryland State Case Archive http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/07%...on%20State.htm
    Victim Impact Statements http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/08%...m%20Impact.pdf
    Appeal http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/09%20Appeal.pdf
    DHMH RE: Mandatory Reporter http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/10%...20-%20DHMH.pdf
    Confession http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/11%20Confession.pdf
    Post-Conviction Correspondence http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81196574/12%...Conviction.pdf
    Parole Board Information http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/2...en.html#parole

ORIGINAL RECORDS MAY BE VIEWED AT:
    Maryland State Judiciary Case Search:
    http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...uiry-index.jsp
    Accept terms by ticking box, then key in defendant name: Donald Brunstetter.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
    Here is an excellent letter written by a former police agent and a friend of LisaB's.
    This letter has excellant information about pedophiles.

````````````````````````````
    Attached Files Attached Files
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. -Child murderer and pedophile

Fred Howard Coffey, Jr is a convicted pedophile and child murderer. He is currently residing in Pender Prison, Burgaw, NC. He has admitted to molesting over 100 children and is suspected in the deaths of several children.

Coffey was convicted of murdering 10-year-old Amanda Ray and sentenced twice to death. At his third trial, much evidence was supressed and he got a life sentence. He has been elegible for parole since 1995 and is once again up for parole this month. A hearing is set for 21 July 2012.

See below links for more information about Coffey.

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us

LINKS:

http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16875"]Neely Smith, age 5, murdered 1981, NC - Suspect: Fred Howard Coffey Jr. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here's another sample letter. This is one that could be used by those who are not directly involved in the case, and may even live in another part of the country (or world) and have never met me, my daughter Lauren, or Mr. Brunstetter. Feel free to use any or all of it in writing your own letter.

Although I am not personally involved in this case, I feel it is EVERYBODY's responsibility to protect our society's children from sexual predators. I am writing in the capacity of a concerned citizen who has recently become aware of the July 24th Parole Hearing for Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456, who was charged by the State of Maryland for the crimes of parental child abuse, second degree sexual assault, second degree and third degree sexual offenses, and unnatural or perverted practices, and convicted in July 2008, despite his "Not Guilty" pleas, and sentenced to a term of 45 years, the majority of which was suspended.

Since his conviction, he has acknowledged, in his own handwriting, that he did in fact commit the acts of which he was accused. His victim was an eight-year-old girl, who he molested regularly throughout his two-year marriage to her mother.

Those who abuse children can not be counted upon to control their impulses, which is why keeping them incarcerated is the only way to completely segregate them from potential victims, thereby eliminating the threat of future offenses, which are statistically likely to occur if an opportunity presents itself.

Victims of sexual abuse often experience severe emotional trauma upon seeing the offender, even in a public place where he poses no threat to them. Mr. Brunstetter's victim still resides in the area, and is terrified at the possibility that he may be released, fearing she will spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder, never feeling really safe. As she is still in therapy, it would be in her best interests to keep her molestor behind bars while she continues to develop coping mechanisms and a support network. She has suffered from his actions for 12 years, and the end is nowhere in sight.

Please consider these facts when you review Mr. Brunstetter's case on July 24th, 2012, and DENY HIS REQUST FOR PAROLE.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this child. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Fred Howard Coffey, Jr is a convicted pedophile and child murderer. He is currently residing in Pender Prison, Burgaw, NC. He has admitted to molesting over 100 children and is suspected in the deaths of several children.
    (SBM)
    He has been elegible for parole since 1995 and is once again up for parole this month. A hearing is set for 21 July 2012.(SBM)
    My letter is already in the mail.

I think we need to start higher up, and get our elected officials to set mandatory minimum sentences for pedophilia, without the possibilty of parole.

JMO
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this child. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum

I am drafting my letter now and will have it in the mail today. I will do everything in my power to help keep these monsters that prey on our children locked up. I'm sure everyone here on WS can get a letter off in the mail to help protect the children in this country. Pedophiles being released back into society IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    Email sent today, 7/06. Best of luck, Lisa and may you and your daughter, Lauren, receive some peace of mind soon.

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

Email sent.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anna1964 For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    An Acknowledgement for my letter. Nice they responded!

Thank you for your letter. We will have it placed in the file for review by the hearing officer/commissioner before the hearing.

David R. Blumberg, Chairman

Maryland Parole Commission

(410) 585-3256

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 11:31 AM
    To: Blumberg, David
    Subject: Request for Parole - Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456

Arrow

Paper letter sent as requested and will be snail mailed today.

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zoomama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    An Acknowledgement for my letter. Nice they responded!

Thank you for your letter. We will have it placed in the file for review by the hearing officer/commissioner before the hearing.

David R. Blumberg, Chairman

Maryland Parole Commission

(410) 585-3256

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 11:31 AM
    To: Blumberg, David
    Subject: Request for Parole - Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456
    I REALLY appreciate you not only taking time to write a letter, but to let me know that they got it, and ARE going to consider these in making a decision.

When we first met Donnie, he misrepresented himself and his financial situation, withheld information about his criminal history, and neglected to mention a series of Motor Vehicle violations (DUI, driving on suspended license, etc.). Furthermore, he failed to disclose an 18-month stay in a mental health facility as a teenager after being expelled from two boarding schools, one of which positions itself as "offering remediation for boys not achieving their potential". None of this information was available to us at that time.

We are TERRIFIED of seeing him, and it isn't made any better by the fact that we have to go and do this in the prison, 3 hours from home. Prisons freak me out, but we have to do this. He has been in "protective custody" since arriving at the facility, so the stereotypical treatment of convicted child sex offenders by the other inmates (trying to be delicate) is not an issue here.

My daughter apparently was not aware of this until I mentioned it last night. She has been "gloating" for the last 4 years figuring that what goes around comes around. She was DEVASTATED upon learning the truth. Personally, I would not wish that on ANYONE, however I think 45 years incarceration would have been a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, that is no longer an option, but 15 years (11 to go) is.

I'd be interested in seeing what people have written, and would love it if you would either post your letters here, or PM me.

I sent emails to both email addys posted by LisaB.

Do you think emails are as effective as a written letter/snail mail? I will be happy to write a letter and snail mail it if you think it is best.

What about a Change.org petition? They have been highly effective in other arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    Email sent today, 7/06. Best of luck, Lisa and may you and your daughter, Lauren, receive some peace of mind soon.
    Just sent mine too! Good luck Lisa. You and your daughter will be my thoughts and prayers.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to renogirl For This Useful Post:

I am so grateful for your assistance.

Lauren just falls apart at the idea of seeing him "out on the street somewhere" unexpectedly. We BOTH have had times when we THOUGHT we saw him in a crowd and we froze with fear until our rational minds assured us he was still in prison. If he gets out, we will lose the ability to rationalize it away so quickly.

I really don't think Lauren is strong enough to handle that yet, and I fear she would do something to herself that can't be undone if he is paroled this month. His attorneys tore her apart on the stand.

Once he was found guilty, he was allowed to go home for a month until his sentencing hearing. He was a convicted, yet unregistered CSO (they are registered upon release) and they sent him out into the community. Those days were deducted from his sentence as well. It hurt us both to hear his mother speaking at his sentencing hearing. She said her son was a "good man" and that we "used to be so nice" that she couldn't understand why would "make something like this up".

6 months into his sentence, he wrote a confession and sent it to the judge. It was written out as opposed to being typed, so there's no question he wrote it. He could have saved us all a lot of pain by confessing BEFORE the trial. His attorneys postponed the trial again and again, probably hoping we'd tire of the 2 hour drive and stop showing up.

We fully intend to make the 6 hour round trip ANY and EVERY time he comes up for parole. He "killed" the person she was, and made her someone else. She looks the same, but she isn't. The daughter I have now is not the girl she would have been if he'd never come into our lives. I love her and I always will, but she has used self-injury as a coping mechanism, and it scares me to death.

When she revealed the abuse and I found she had been cutting herself, the first thing I did when my alarm clock went off every single day was to go and be sure she had lived through another night. That may sound melodramatic, but it is absolutely true. I was SURE she was going to fall apart under the pressure and I would lose her forever. She is getting better, but still has a long way to go.
    Last edited by LisaB; 07-06-2012 at 09:46 PM.

All of the relevant documents can be found at the link in the opening post of this thread, or by clicking the link in my sig. I want you to be sure that you are on the "right side" and that he is actually guilty of the crimes he was charged with, and that I am not an ex telling lies about him to get even. He had been out of our lives for several years before finding out what he'd done. Our goal is that no other family should ever have to deal with this.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

One last thing. PLEASE do not attempt to "sleuth" him online, except at the provided links (which contain a LOT more information). He has a number of children, and if I am not mistaken, at least 2 share his name. His late father was ALSO Donald Brunstetter,

He is NOT on Facebook and he is 48 years old. The other "Donald Brunstetters" you may find are likely related to him, but are not him. Let's respect their privacy.

I am writing my letters via email and asking them to take a moment to print it out and place it in his folder for the Parole Board. They will usually do that if you ask.

I am writing letter(s) in regard to Coffey as well as Brunstetter.

Lisa B., may God bless and keep you and your daughter. I am so glad she has someone such as yourself as a Mother. Hopefully he will remain in prison where he belongs.

Richard, hopefully the Parole Board will do the right thing and keep Coffey in prison. You are a great guy for doing this!

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers!
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

It is interesting that both Brunstetter in Maryland, and Coffey in North Carolina are up for parole within days of eachother.

In regard to Mr. Coffey, I am only asking that folks take a look at information available on him and to take the time to write something - even if only a few lines in an e-mail.

In writing to the Parole Board, voice your own conscience and belief regarding whether or not he should be released from prison.

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Well, I don't think Coffey deserves to live in the free world and am against parole for him. He cannot be rehabilitated in my opinion and will offend again. Another child will become an undeserving victim at the hands of this B&(*&(^ if he is allowed on the streets.

Yes, it is interesting that they are both up for parole within days of each other.

I seriously doubt Coffey will be going anywhere after all he's done. I will be very interested in the outcome of his hearing.

MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Lisa B my sister's letter and my own will be snail mailed tomorrow. God bless you and Lauren and keep you both safe during this difficult time. I am all for going higher and changing sentencing laws (my sister too) and we are here in any capacity to help with that endeavor, you can always PM me. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

Thank you to everyone else here for writing letters too- we can make a difference.

Richard, we will email the parole board in regards to the monster named Coffee, he should NEVER see the outside of a prison in his lifetime- let him answer to God next. Thank you for bringing his case to our attention- God speed in your mission as well~ Frigga

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Frigga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    See below links for more information about Coffey.

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us

LINKS:

http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

Neely Smith, age 5, murdered 1981, NC - Suspect: Fred Howard Coffey Jr. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Respectfully snipped .. Two emails sent to the above address requesting NO PAROLE for the above referenced inmate.

Hopefully he will be refused again. Thank you for your perseverance, Richard.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

I sent mine also!
    We need to continue doing this!
    Wishing only good things for you and your daughter Lisa!

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

How can they even consider Parole?
    I mean Hello!!!!! Wake up ppl!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Why Coffey is up for parole...

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    How can they even consider Parole?
    I mean Hello!!!!! Wake up ppl!
    Excellent question. Here is how it came about that Coffey has come to be up for Parole:

Fred Coffey was arrested in 1986 in Charlotte, NC. Prosecutors wanted to charge him with the 1979 murder of little Amanda Ray (age 10). They also had evidence that he had molested three children earlier in 1986.

It was decided for some reason to hold two separate trials, the first being for the multiple molestations. Coffey was seen by different Psychiatrists prior to the trial and he attempted to get lenient treatment by claiming to have a "problem". He admitted to the court appointed psychiatrist that he had molested "over 100" children over the years.

In his first trial, Coffey was found guilty of three separate charges in regard to molestation of each of the three children - a total of nine counts. He was sentenced to a specific number of years for each of those nine charges.

With the first trial over, Coffey remained in jail prior to, and throughout the next trial. He was charged with the murder of Amanda Ray, and convicted in 1987. He was sentenced to Death.

On appeal, Coffey was granted a second trial in the murder of Amanda Ray, and again he was found guilty. Again he was sentenced to Death.

Coffey and his lawyers appealed again and this time, they claimed that because the prosecution had introduced all the evidence regarding his molestation convictions and his admissions to having molested others, that this "prejudiced" the jurors against him.

The Defense claimed that the molestations had taken place AFTER Amanda's murder. Using their convoluted logic, Coffey MIGHT have only become a molester in 1986, and that his molesting of children in 1986 would not necessarily indicate that he would KILL someone in 1979. Therefor, they asked for a retrial, this time NOT allowing the jurors to hear of any convictions or evidence regarding child molestation.

A Third trial was held for Coffey with a new jury. Once again, he was found guilty of killing Amanda. But in the sentencing phase, previous convictions for - and admissions of child molestation were left out.

Ten out of the twelve jurors voted for the Death sentence, but two jurors held out, believing that the murder of Amanda was a "one time" step over the line for Coffey. The sentence became "Life in Prison" in 1995, and because he had been in Prison for 19 years at that time, he became automatically elligible for Parole - by North Carolina law.

And since then, Coffey has periodically come up for parole - at first, every year, but since 2009 it has been every three years.

Coffey has been a model prisoner with no offenses committed since his 1986 arrest. Law enforcement and prosecutors in Charlotte have attempted to charge him with the 1981 murder of five-year-old Neely Smith, but no trial has ever taken place. Prosecutors in Bristol, Virginia have attempted to charge Coffey with the murder of eight-year-old Travis Shane King, but again no trial has been held.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-07-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling, corrections

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Lisa,
    Thank you for allowing us to help in seeing this predator STAY WHERE HE BELONGS thus allowing Lauren the time to continue to heal and become stronger from the inside out by doing the very hard and painstaking process that working through this involves.. making sure to relieve herself of any and all shame, guilt, and self blame that this predator has sentenced her to.. that is only a portion of what makes this so blood boiling infuriating.. that he has placed a hold on your beautiful young daughter.. and has in a way very much "sentenced" her to a lifetime of having to deal with, learn to cope, and continually work at overcoming the lifelong negative effects that she, by absolutely no fault of her own has had heaped upon her by him..

And to think for a moment that he has the opportunity to be released early from his sentence?!?....well what about Lauren's "sentence" who isn't only guilty of NOTHING, she is a complete INNOCENT who has been "sentenced" to lifelong effects!. WHERE THE HELL IS LAUREN'S EARLY RELEASE? WHERE THE HELL IS REPRIEVE OFFFRED TO LAUREN FOR WHAT SHE HAS BEEN SENTENCED TO BY DONALD'S EVIL CHOICES?

I know I'm not alone in my continual disgust of how our system seems to very much work for the criminals far more than it does for their victims.. their rights are always being made certain to never in any way whatsoever be "violated"..when the victims and survivors of their heinous crimes are pretty much on their own with their entire lives and souls having been "violated" in the truest sense of the word violated..no reprieve offered to them.. no lighter sentence...no end period to what the predator has forever left as their mark on those who've survived the evil criminal behaviors, actions, abuses of those just like Donald Brunstetter..

I could go on and on as many are keenly aware that I'm known to do..but I'll cut myself off here and get started on my letters that will hopefully help to ensure that atleast as far as this predator..this pedophilic criminal, Donald Brunstetter is concerned.. that we'll ensure he is given no reprieve nor lighter sentence awarded to him.. hopefully with all of us banded together we can make a difference in seeing him atleast spend his full sentence behind bars!
    I do have a question of concern of how exactly he is even being able to be eligible for parole? In what little I've been able to read in the last hour I see according to Maryland's laws and statutes that his being found GUILTY of second degree sexual offense that it carries a MANDATORY MINIMUM OF 15 YEARS! MANDATORY MINIMUM is exactly what it says it is.. it is MANDATORY that he serve the minimum 15 year sentence and therefore NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PAROLE OR EARLY RELEASE.. So exactly how is Brunstetter even being made eligible to be up for a parole hearing when only having served what a mere 25% of his MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCE OF 15 YEARS?! ?

I did a little digging to make sure that it is indeed correct that this is a mandatory minimum in Maryland and everything I've found states that second degree sexual offense(statute code 27. 464A) carries the mandatory minimum 15 year sentence.. so, how is this even being considered? ..

Here's a snipped quote from Maryland statutes and laws:
    Sexual offense second degree-[27. 464A statute code]
    Prohibited.- A person may not engage in a sexual act with another:

(1) by force, or the threat of force, without the consent of the other;

(2) if the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual, and the person performing the sexual act knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual; or

(3) if the victim is under the age of 14 years, and the person performing the sexual act is at least 4 years older than the victim.

(b) Age considerations.- A person 18 years of age or older may not violate subsection (a)(1) or (2) of this section involving a child under the age of 13 years.

(c) Penalty.-

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of the felony of sexual offense in the second degree and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 20 years.

(2) (i) Subject to subparagraph (iv) of this paragraph, a person 18 years of age or older who violates subsection (b) of this section is guilty of the felony of sexual offense in the second degree and on conviction is subject to imprisonment for not less than 15 years and not exceeding life.

(ii) A court may not suspend any part of the mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years.

(iii) The person is not eligible for parole during the mandatory minimum sentence.

(iv) If the State fails to comply with subsection (d) of this section, the mandatory minimum shall not apply.

(d) Required notice.- If the State intends to seek a sentence of imprisonment for not less than 15 years under subsection (c)(2) of this section, the State shall notify the person in writing of the State's intention at least 30 days before trial.

[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 464A; 2002, ch. 26, § 2; 2006 Sp. Sess., ch. 4; 2007, chs. 494, 495; 2010, chs. 174, 175, 180, 181.]
    Above BBM for emphasis on this being a 15 year mandatory minimum with his being NOT ELIGIBLE for parole or early release of any kind.. wth?

Just whenever you have time Lisa to reply because I'm quite certain that youll inform me that his attys have found a loophole to get him out of this supposed MANDATORY MINIMUM 15 YEAR SENTENCE..
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast