Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 86

Thread: ***DENIED!*** Our First Case. Let's Keep PedophileDonald Scott Brunstetter in prison!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Lisa,
    Thank you for allowing us to help in seeing this predator STAY WHERE HE BELONGS thus allowing Lauren the time to continue to heal and become stronger from the inside out by doing the very hard and painstaking process that working through this involves.. making sure to relieve herself of any and all shame, guilt, and self blame that this predator has sentenced her to.. that is only a portion of what makes this so blood boiling infuriating.. that he has placed a hold on your beautiful young daughter.. and has in a way very much "sentenced" her to a lifetime of having to deal with, learn to cope, and continually work at overcoming the lifelong negative effects that she, by absolutely no fault of her own has had heaped upon her by him..

    And to think for a moment that he has the opportunity to be released early from his sentence?!?....well what about Lauren's "sentence" who isn't only guilty of NOTHING, she is a complete INNOCENT who has been "sentenced" to lifelong effects!. WHERE THE HELL IS LAUREN'S EARLY RELEASE? WHERE THE HELL IS REPRIEVE OFFFRED TO LAUREN FOR WHAT SHE HAS BEEN SENTENCED TO BY DONALD'S EVIL CHOICES?

    I know I'm not alone in my continual disgust of how our system seems to very much work for the criminals far more than it does for their victims.. their rights are always being made certain to never in any way whatsoever be "violated"..when the victims and survivors of their heinous crimes are pretty much on their own with their entire lives and souls having been "violated" in the truest sense of the word violated..no reprieve offered to them.. no lighter sentence...no end period to what the predator has forever left as their mark on those who've survived the evil criminal behaviors, actions, abuses of those just like Donald Brunstetter..

    I could go on and on as many are keenly aware that I'm known to do..but I'll cut myself off here and get started on my letters that will hopefully help to ensure that atleast as far as this predator..this pedophilic criminal, Donald Brunstetter is concerned.. that we'll ensure he is given no reprieve nor lighter sentence awarded to him.. hopefully with all of us banded together we can make a difference in seeing him atleast spend his full sentence behind bars!
    I do have a question of concern of how exactly he is even being able to be eligible for parole? In what little I've been able to read in the last hour I see according to Maryland's laws and statutes that his being found GUILTY of second degree sexual offense that it carries a MANDATORY MINIMUM OF 15 YEARS! MANDATORY MINIMUM is exactly what it says it is.. it is MANDATORY that he serve the minimum 15 year sentence and therefore NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PAROLE OR EARLY RELEASE.. So exactly how is Brunstetter even being made eligible to be up for a parole hearing when only having served what a mere 25% of his MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCE OF 15 YEARS?! ?

    I did a little digging to make sure that it is indeed correct that this is a mandatory minimum in Maryland and everything I've found states that second degree sexual offense(statute code 27. 464A) carries the mandatory minimum 15 year sentence.. so, how is this even being considered? ..

    Here's a snipped quote from Maryland statutes and laws:

    Above BBM for emphasis on this being a 15 year mandatory minimum with his being NOT ELIGIBLE for parole or early release of any kind.. wth?

    Just whenever you have time Lisa to reply because I'm quite certain that youll inform me that his attys have found a loophole to get him out of this supposed MANDATORY MINIMUM 15 YEAR SENTENCE..
    The answer to your question would be section d: required notice.

    If they didn't give the required notice, then the mandatory minimum doesn't apply. I imagine the reason would be that the offence allegedly took place many years earlier, the accused denied it plus there was no evidence other than the victims allegations. Unfortunately it is not uncommon for allegations like these to surface during or after contentious divorces, and that tends to cloud the water considerably. The prosecution could not be sure of a conviction. Allthough juries will usually convict on an allegation alone if an accused is charged, sometimes they don't and there is allways the possibility the allegation is false for various reasons. I imagine that if they were to give notice that they intended to ask for the mandatory minimum, the standard of proof that would be required would be higher. Presumably that proof wasn't there, and the prosecution had to rely on emotional arguments rather than factual arguments to win their case. Therefore they didn't serve notice as required by law.

    When it comes to parole the primary consideration will the risk of reoffence. If the applicant has a clean record while in prison, has entered into programs while in prison, and doesn't have a record before the conviction, then there is no real reason to deny parole. Possibly he won't get it on the first attempt but sooner or later he will. Parole will likely continue for the remainder of his sentence, so it sounds like he will be monitored for many years to come if he is granted parole. If this guy doesn't present a special risk (after all, he apparently went crime free for the five years after the divorce until the allegation was made, and I assume wasn't pursueing the victim during that time) then why should he be kept in prison for life?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Always in the heart of Kentucky!
    Posts
    1,325
    Lisa-

    Email sent. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIje...feature=fvwrel

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CJMAJORGIRL24 For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    "Way down south in Dixie"
    Posts
    151

    Donald Scott Brunstetter

    Lisa,
    I just wanted to let you know I just sent off my email requesting denying of parole of Donald Scott Brunstetter.

    My prayers are with you and Lauren.
    QueenofWands


    Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Queenofwands For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    "Way down south in Dixie"
    Posts
    151

    Fred Howard Coffey

    Letter sent for Amanda Marie Ray and all the victims of Fred Coffee.
    QueenofWands


    Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queenofwands For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is online now Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    Both email and good ol snail mail have been sent re:Brunstetter.. looking forward to hearing there was a firm denial in his hearing attempting to have approval for early release/parole.. how about our system follow through with the guidelines of sentencing those convicted of a crime which carries a MANDATORY MINIMUM sentence.. otherwise really what is even the point of having sentencing guidelines that were established to keep those convicted FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR SENTENCE?? ..moo the MANDATORY MINIMUM in theory would be quite a deterrent in knowing that they could not be released so much as even a single day early from their full sentence.. but it certainly appears as tho the MANDATORY MINIMUM IS NOT MANDATORY AT ALL.. Arrrgghh!
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,504
    I just sent emails LisaB and Richard. This is a good thing & glad this thread was started. Keep them locked up!

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,504
    And I've alread rec'd a reply re: Donald S. Brunstetter. LisaB, I'm so sorry your daughter had to experience this.

    "Thank you for your letter. It will be in file for review by hearing officer and commissioner."

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Lisa,
    Thank you for allowing us to help in seeing this predator STAY WHERE HE BELONGS thus allowing Lauren the time to continue to heal and become stronger from the inside out by doing the very hard and painstaking process that working through this involves.. making sure to relieve herself of any and all shame, guilt, and self blame that this predator has sentenced her to.. that is only a portion of what makes this so blood boiling infuriating.. that he has placed a hold on your beautiful young daughter.. and has in a way very much "sentenced" her to a lifetime of having to deal with, learn to cope, and continually work at overcoming the lifelong negative effects that she, by absolutely no fault of her own has had heaped upon her by him..

    And to think for a moment that he has the opportunity to be released early from his sentence?!?....well what about Lauren's "sentence" who isn't only guilty of NOTHING, she is a complete INNOCENT who has been "sentenced" to lifelong effects!. WHERE THE HELL IS LAUREN'S EARLY RELEASE? WHERE THE HELL IS REPRIEVE OFFFRED TO LAUREN FOR WHAT SHE HAS BEEN SENTENCED TO BY DONALD'S EVIL CHOICES?

    I know I'm not alone in my continual disgust of how our system seems to very much work for the criminals far more than it does for their victims.. their rights are always being made certain to never in any way whatsoever be "violated"..when the victims and survivors of their heinous crimes are pretty much on their own with their entire lives and souls having been "violated" in the truest sense of the word violated..no reprieve offered to them.. no lighter sentence...no end period to what the predator has forever left as their mark on those who've survived the evil criminal behaviors, actions, abuses of those just like Donald Brunstetter..

    I could go on and on as many are keenly aware that I'm known to do..but I'll cut myself off here and get started on my letters that will hopefully help to ensure that atleast as far as this predator..this pedophilic criminal, Donald Brunstetter is concerned.. that we'll ensure he is given no reprieve nor lighter sentence awarded to him.. hopefully with all of us banded together we can make a difference in seeing him atleast spend his full sentence behind bars!
    I do have a question of concern of how exactly he is even being able to be eligible for parole? In what little I've been able to read in the last hour I see according to Maryland's laws and statutes that his being found GUILTY of second degree sexual offense that it carries a MANDATORY MINIMUM OF 15 YEARS! MANDATORY MINIMUM is exactly what it says it is.. it is MANDATORY that he serve the minimum 15 year sentence and therefore NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PAROLE OR EARLY RELEASE.. So exactly how is Brunstetter even being made eligible to be up for a parole hearing when only having served what a mere 25% of his MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCE OF 15 YEARS?! ?

    I did a little digging to make sure that it is indeed correct that this is a mandatory minimum in Maryland and everything I've found states that second degree sexual offense(statute code 27. 464A) carries the mandatory minimum 15 year sentence.. so, how is this even being considered? ..

    Here's a snipped quote from Maryland statutes and laws:

    Above BBM for emphasis on this being a 15 year mandatory minimum with his being NOT ELIGIBLE for parole or early release of any kind.. wth?

    Just whenever you have time Lisa to reply because I'm quite certain that youll inform me that his attys have found a loophole to get him out of this supposed MANDATORY MINIMUM 15 YEAR SENTENCE..
    Thank you. Everything you said here really hits home.The problem is that Donnie was charged in 2007 according to the current statutes. His attorneys must have been aware of the mandatory minimum (I wasn't) and they demanded that he be tried and sentenced according to the laws in place at the time of the "alleged" assaults, which changed everything. The judge had to convert all the charges to that the equivalent 2002 statutes most nearly equivalent to the 2007 statutes. I presume the mandatory minimum, like civil confinement are new. Fortunately, I believe the civil confinement is an older law (2005?) that just hasn't been used. It IS on the books, and people need to be aware of it and have it applied to people like him.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    The answer to your question would be section d: required notice.

    If they didn't give the required notice, then the mandatory minimum doesn't apply. I imagine the reason would be that the offence allegedly took place many years earlier, the accused denied it plus there was no evidence other than the victims allegations. Unfortunately it is not uncommon for allegations like these to surface during or after contentious divorces, and that tends to cloud the water considerably. The prosecution could not be sure of a conviction. Allthough juries will usually convict on an allegation alone if an accused is charged, sometimes they don't and there is allways the possibility the allegation is false for various reasons. I imagine that if they were to give notice that they intended to ask for the mandatory minimum, the standard of proof that would be required would be higher. Presumably that proof wasn't there, and the prosecution had to rely on emotional arguments rather than factual arguments to win their case. Therefore they didn't serve notice as required by law.

    When it comes to parole the primary consideration will the risk of reoffence. If the applicant has a clean record while in prison, has entered into programs while in prison, and doesn't have a record before the conviction, then there is no real reason to deny parole. Possibly he won't get it on the first attempt but sooner or later he will. Parole will likely continue for the remainder of his sentence, so it sounds like he will be monitored for many years to come if he is granted parole. If this guy doesn't present a special risk (after all, he apparently went crime free for the five years after the divorce until the allegation was made, and I assume wasn't pursueing the victim during that time) then why should he be kept in prison for life?
    He did get 15 year sentences on each of several counts, however the judge suspended the majority of the 45 year sentence. He will be on parole/probation for 5 years after his release. We have reason to believe that Lauren was not the only victim, but his arrest was never mentioned in the press so nobody else came forward. His prior convictions include selling cocaine to an undercover officer and numerous assaults, breaking and entering, violation of probation, DUI, obstructing & hindering, and trespassing. He was not CAUGHT committing a crime for 5 years, however that could be because he was in the habit of telling any LE who asked for him that he was not home. I finally asked them to take along his photo and to see if the guy who kept saying Donnie wasn't there was him, and the next day they "found" him. It also turns out that after the divorce, he began using MY maiden name as his last name. This may have caused enough confusion to keep him from being arrested, but I don't know for sure.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    We were negatively impacted by some of Lauren's personal correspondence via mySpace, as the attorney's subpoeanaed same. These were messages written in her early teens, NOT at the time the crime was committed, therefore the introduction of the material contained therein seemed irrelevent to us. They twisted what she had on the site to suggest she was a "delinquent". She was banned (by me) from facebook when I saw her page, 3 years BEFORE his trial, and she had not been on since, even to delete anything that could pose a problem for the prosecution. Her last status update was "Let's Do The Time Warp Again". a reference to a song/dance from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. His attorneys insisted she was delusionsal, and probably using psychedelic drugs, leading her to believe she had the power to influence time and space. This was just ONE of the many ridiculous things they tried. If I ever am charged with a crime, I want those slimy lawyers in my corner.

    We were also disappointed to learn that, despite her having told several "Mandatory Reporters" (her psychiatrist, her school nurse, her school guidance counselor, the principal, the vice principal, and two teachers) I was the only person to report what had happened. Obviously this weakened our position, as it appeared we "lied" about her having told these people. Since they WERE Mandatory Reporters, it was posited that, if there was no report from them, she must not have told them.
    Last edited by LisaB; 07-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  23. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Always in the heart of Kentucky!
    Posts
    1,325
    I just wanted you to know that I did receive a response to my email...

    Thanks for your input. We will add this to others for review on this case.
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIje...feature=fvwrel

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CJMAJORGIRL24 For This Useful Post:


  25. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Both email and good ol snail mail have been sent re:Brunstetter.. looking forward to hearing there was a firm denial in his hearing attempting to have approval for early release/parole.. how about our system follow through with the guidelines of sentencing those convicted of a crime which carries a MANDATORY MINIMUM sentence.. otherwise really what is even the point of having sentencing guidelines that were established to keep those convicted FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR SENTENCE?? ..moo the MANDATORY MINIMUM in theory would be quite a deterrent in knowing that they could not be released so much as even a single day early from their full sentence.. but it certainly appears as tho the MANDATORY MINIMUM IS NOT MANDATORY AT ALL.. Arrrgghh!
    That Mandatory Minimum is a 2010 law. His crimes occurred in 2000-2002, he was charged in 2007, convicted 2008. So it doesn't apply. I asked the parole commission to clarify, quoting the section of the criminal code you provided.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  27. #39
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is online now Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    I, too received a reply email from both Blumberg and Ogle stating that my letter would be added to the file that is read and taken into consideration during the deliberations of the Commissioners re:Brunstetters early release.. Ruth Ann Ogle did however also take the time to explain to me why the MANDATORY MINIMUM statute did not apply in Brunstetters case...just as you posted earlier the reason is that this MAN-MIN statute did not go into effect until 10/1/2010..

    I'll be praying for both you and Lauren in these upcoming weeks that God allow you both to be at peace about the difficult, yet necessary task of making this trip and ensuring Lauren's voice be heard loud and crystal clear to those whose job it is to deliberate and decide Brunstetter's immediate future...and that God allow the words to flow freely expressing just what it is that you want to express before these Commissioners ..


    Jess
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

  28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  29. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    "The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola
    Posts
    15,708
    That's wonderful that you are receiving replies. Hopefully they are listening.

    Keep it up and thank you so much for helping keep this predator behind bars.

    Tricia
    `````````````````

    JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN



    Join Websleuths on Twitter



    And Face Book of course
    |





    ************************************************** **************************************

    Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:


  31. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Down by the riverside
    Posts
    219

    Emails Sent

    I sent emails to the Maryland and NC Parole Commissions. Hopefully, with efforts like these, we can turn things around so that short sentences for pedophiles will be a thing of the past.

    LisaB, I just want to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your daughter's experience. It breaks my heart to hear how she has suffered and continues to suffer. Writing an email to the Parole Board is the least I can do. I pray that God will give you both the healing, peace, and comfort to get through this. Your daughter is blessed to have a crusader like you for a mom.

    all4justice
    If there's no link, then it's just my opinion, my own opinion. I am a lawyer but I don't practice criminal law. However, I'm happy to research and share what I find in order to contribute to the discussion.
    ======================================

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to all4justice For This Useful Post:


  33. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Down by the riverside
    Posts
    219

    Received My Response from Maryland Parole Board

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    I REALLY appreciate you not only taking time to write a letter, but to let me know that they got it, and ARE going to consider these in making a decision.

    When we first met Donnie, he misrepresented himself and his financial situation, withheld information about his criminal history, and neglected to mention a series of Motor Vehicle violations (DUI, driving on suspended license, etc.). Furthermore, he failed to disclose an 18-month stay in a mental health facility as a teenager after being expelled from two boarding schools, one of which positions itself as "offering remediation for boys not achieving their potential". None of this information was available to us at that time.

    We are TERRIFIED of seeing him, and it isn't made any better by the fact that we have to go and do this in the prison, 3 hours from home. Prisons freak me out, but we have to do this. He has been in "protective custody" since arriving at the facility, so the stereotypical treatment of convicted child sex offenders by the other inmates (trying to be delicate) is not an issue here.

    My daughter apparently was not aware of this until I mentioned it last night. She has been "gloating" for the last 4 years figuring that what goes around comes around. She was DEVASTATED upon learning the truth. Personally, I would not wish that on ANYONE, however I think 45 years incarceration would have been a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, that is no longer an option, but 15 years (11 to go) is.

    I'd be interested in seeing what people have written, and would love it if you would either post your letters here, or PM me.
    Here is the response I received:

    Your letter has been made a part of Mr. Brunstetter’s parole file and will be taken into consideration when the parole decision is made. Melissa A. CoxMaryland Parole CommissionDeputy Operations AdministratorOffice of the Chairman410-585-3256
    If there's no link, then it's just my opinion, my own opinion. I am a lawyer but I don't practice criminal law. However, I'm happy to research and share what I find in order to contribute to the discussion.
    ======================================

  34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to all4justice For This Useful Post:


  35. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1,638
    i too sent a letter to the parole board. i used the sample letter posted on the first page for those that aren't involved or live close but i added a few words of my own.

    ========

    Although I am not personally involved in this case, I feel it is EVERYBODY's responsibility to protect our society's children from sexual predators. I am writing in the capacity of a concerned citizen who has recently become aware of the July 24th Parole Hearing for Donald S. Brunstetter, Inmate #352456, who was charged by the State of Maryland for the crimes of parental child abuse, second degree sexual assault, second degree and third degree sexual offenses, and unnatural or perverted practices, and convicted in July 2008, despite his "Not Guilty" pleas, and sentenced to a term of 45 years, the majority of which was suspended.

    Since his conviction, he has acknowledged, in his own handwriting, that he did in fact commit the acts of which he was accused. His victim was an eight-year-old girl, who he molested regularly throughout his two-year marriage to her mother.

    Those who abuse children can not be counted upon to control their impulses, which is why keeping them incarcerated is the only way to completely segregate them from potential victims, thereby eliminating the threat of future offenses, which are statistically likely to occur if an opportunity presents itself.

    Victims of sexual abuse often experience severe emotional trauma upon seeing the offender, even in a public place where he poses no threat to them. Mr. Brunstetter's victim still resides in the area, and is terrified at the possibility that he may be released, fearing she will spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder, never feeling really safe. As she is still in therapy, it would be in her best interests to keep her molestor behind bars while she continues to develop coping mechanisms and a support network. She has suffered from his actions for 12 years, and the end is nowhere in sight.

    i know from personal experience as a mother of a daughter that was molested when she was 5 years old. she is 36 now and still has emotional problems due to the molestation. it took years for her to finally be able to develop a normal married life. the guy that molested her was only given 14 months in jail. he was out in about 7 months and a few years later ended up molesting another child. he is out of jail and leading a normal life where it took my daughter years of counselling to accomplish the same.

    Please consider these facts when you review Mr. Brunstetter's case on July 24th, 2012, and DENY HIS REQUST FOR PAROLE.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

    stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!


  36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to athy For This Useful Post:


  37. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    If these letters don't make a difference, I will eat my hat. If the parole board can read them and not be moved nearly to the point of tears, they are obviously hardened by years of dealing with cases like this and have learned to distance themselves emotionally for their own mental health.

    THANK YOU ALL!
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  39. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    10,567
    LisaB there will be 3 emails coming from my house this weekend to keep this Monster behind bars where he belongs. You my friend and you daughter don't deserve to have to live in fear.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.


    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:


  41. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the State of Denial
    Posts
    5,306
    Letter sent!

    Thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter, Lisa.
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

  42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:


  43. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,012
    Sent an email on the Brunstetter case about 7:50pm and got 2 responses a little after 8pmE, from 2 different people showing it had been received. They are really on the ball there...

    LisaB, kudos to you for continuing to fight for your daughter!

    May her abuser not be released and may you both receive some peace of mind and spirit.

  44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:


  45. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    I just had a call from the parole commission answering some questions I had about the process. Before she hung up she said "I wanted to let you know that all the letters and emails we have received are in his file for review".

    Thanks to ALL who have written. And if you have been meaning to do so, but haven't, it's not too late.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  47. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,892
    After SmoothOperator cited the information about the change in the law in October 2010 which required those convicted of a child sex offense to serve a mandatory minimum with no part suspended and no early parole, I called and learned it did not apply as his offenses occurred in 2000-2002 and he was convicted in July 2008.

    I paid a visit to the Parole Commission website (http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/aboutdp...pc.shtml#parol)
    where I discovered the following:

    Q21. Does Parole continue to give hearings to Violent Offenders?

    Since October 1, 1994 the eligibility for a violent offense is 50% of sentence. Pre-1994, the parole eligibility is 25%, the same eligibility for non-violent offenders.


    Q2. Was the crime committed against me a "violent" crime?

    The crimes the Parole Commission defines as "violent" include:

    abduction
    arson
    assault first degree
    burglary
    carjacking
    child abuse
    rape
    robbery
    sexual offense first and second degrees
    escape
    housebreaking
    kidnapping
    maiming and mayhem
    manslaughter (except involuntary manslaughter)
    murder
    use of a handgun
    attempts to commit (and assaults with intent to commit) certain crimes

    There are exceptions to this list, depending upon when the offense was committed.

    Donnie was convicted of (among others) two counts of child abuse, and one charge of second degree sex offense. I just called the Office of Victim Services for clarification, as his crimes occurred well AFTER the 1994 date this ruling took effect, and am waiting for clarification now. I will be sure to keep you all posted, and HUGE THANKS to Smooth for bringing to my attention that there might be other factors that could be used to keep him in prison.

    ETA: This doesn't apply to our case since the portions of the sentence that were suspended were for these charges. The ones he is actually serving time for are not considered "violent crimes" under this statute.
    Last edited by LisaB; 07-13-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Bad News
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  49. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    We were negatively impacted by some of Lauren's personal correspondence via mySpace, as the attorney's subpoeanaed same. These were messages written in her early teens, NOT at the time the crime was committed, therefore the introduction of the material contained therein seemed irrelevent to us. They twisted what she had on the site to suggest she was a "delinquent". She was banned (by me) from facebook when I saw her page, 3 years BEFORE his trial, and she had not been on since, even to delete anything that could pose a problem for the prosecution. Her last status update was "Let's Do The Time Warp Again". a reference to a song/dance from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. His attorneys insisted she was delusionsal, and probably using psychedelic drugs, leading her to believe she had the power to influence time and space. This was just ONE of the many ridiculous things they tried. If I ever am charged with a crime, I want those slimy lawyers in my corner.

    We were also disappointed to learn that, despite her having told several "Mandatory Reporters" (her psychiatrist, her school nurse, her school guidance counselor, the principal, the vice principal, and two teachers) I was the only person to report what had happened. Obviously this weakened our position, as it appeared we "lied" about her having told these people. Since they WERE Mandatory Reporters, it was posited that, if there was no report from them, she must not have told them.
    They were probably refering to the collective myspace messages and context, not specifically to the status update. That would be a reasonable argument for a defence lawyer to take when questioning the credibility of a witness since it reflected her state of mind during that period. After all, you say that you yourself were disturbed enough by them to ban her from using the service. You can't focus on an isolated statement as outrageous since that doesn't reflect what the lawyers were trying to show.

    If seven mandatory reporters were supposedly told independently, then you would have to assume that all seven people separately chose to put their careers on the line. That would create a reasonable credibilty issue on that claim since the chances of everyone not doing their job is not that great. What did those seven have to say? Did they all deny it? I am guessing they did or it would not have brought up to impeach her credibility.

    A word of advice, don't phrase things as "your position" or stuff like that, since it creates the impression of an adverserial conflict that you are trying to win, rather than addressing a crime. Whatever happened to you daughter happened, and its done. The winning and losing is the domain of the lawyers after that and it is not going to change the past. Facts and evidence are what they are, a victim does not have a position they need to take or defend. At this point he has been convicted and is in prison. If he gets out on parole or not is not really going to be affected by whatever you do or say. The parole board deals with this sort of stuff all the time, it is their job, they are going to go primarily with with the evidence (or lack thereof) for rehabilitation they have at their disposal. The best advice I can give you is to go on with your life, put it behind you and not get too involve in it all. You can send in your impact statement but beyond that the process is going to go pretty much as it is going to go, whatever letters and whatnot that people send in is not going to change the outcome, it is not an election.

    Btw, in an earlier message you mentioned a confession after the trial ended. I would not take that too seriously since he would have been preparing for eventual parole. If someone wants parole they usually have to show the board that they have been rehabilitated, and part of that involves admission of what they did and acknowledgement of how wrong it was. If he continued to claim that he was innocent he would probably not get parole. Once someone is convicted, if they actually are innocent they have to make a deal with the devil and confess anyway if they hope to get out before serving their full sentence. Real confessions come before the trial, not afterwards.

    Bleh....my dinner was burning while typing this out...trying something new too!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SC - Bond denied for couple in 2-year-old's homicide case, Berkely County
    By Lovejac in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 08:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •