1330 users online (298 members and 1032 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IN - Baby Girl High On Bath Salts, Charged With Neglect

While we're at it..................I was checking to see if there's been any studies on children born to mother's using bath salts during pregnancy. How sad is that? This should be in crimes against children, but with the maternity ward bath salt smoking nutter I figured to put it here.

Ready? Baby Girl us actually the mother's name. Oh yes it is. Baby Girl Drinkard was high on bath salts and holding her infant with her two other children close by. Cops were called and she even had trouble remembering the names of those kids. I'm not bein a smart alec, but maybe she should have named them like Baby Girl, Jr. or something.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/indiana...e1331586154692

Baby Girl the mom was arrested and true life babies were put into the custody of their grandmom.

Mary Blessed Mother, please, please watch over all the little ones being brought into this world in such trying, terrible times.

Here we go. This guy explains this is not her name and she was misidentified in the media because she had referred to one of her children as "Baby Girl Drinkard" because she didn't know the child's name.

Phew, I almost gave her a small feeling os sympathy that she was named that.

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-we...neglecting-her-

The mugshot is just sad.

The link tells about another mother in PA also arrested with her children in tow while high on bath salts.

FB

https://www.facebook.com/melisa.drinkard

Absolutely adorable children.

Kinda off topic but I do happen to have an aunt who has been called "Girl Baby" all her life. She's got to be in her 70's now, just saw her last month, and yep, I still call her Aunt Girl Baby. Mr Swamp has an aunt called "Aunt Sister". Everyone calls her "Sister", no, she is not and never has been a nun.

Yeah, we are from the south and we don;t need bath salts to come up with downright weird names.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Here we go. This guy explains this is not her name and she was misidentified in the media because she had referred to one of her children as "Baby Girl Drinkard" because she didn't know the child's name.

Phew, I almost gave her a small feeling os sympathy that she was named that.

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-we...neglecting-her-

The mugshot is just sad.

The link tells about another mother in PA also arrested with her children in tow while high on bath salts.
    That link wasn't working for me but I found another one.

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-we...eglecting-her-

I hope DCS keeps a good eye on these children. These drugs are a nightmare come true. They need to work fast to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    That link wasn't working for me but I found another one.

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-we...eglecting-her-

I hope DCS keeps a good eye on these children. These drugs are a nightmare come true. They need to work fast to do something about it.
    From link in quote

"Bath salts" contain man-made substances known as methylmethcathinone (mephedrone) and methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV). Available online or at convenience stores for as little as $25, the drugs can be snorted, injected or smoked. Bath salts can elicit a cocaine-like high, along with paranoia and hallucinations. Many states have made them illegal in recent months.

Drinkard reportedly told police that she thought bath salts were legal in Indiana. Some of the substances often sold as bath salts are currently illegal in the state. A bill to ban more of the substances was unanimously approved by the state legislature on March 5 and awaits Gov. Mitch Daniels' signature.
    I think WS should get onto sending out emails to Mitch Daniels. So it will be removed from the convenience stores at least.

They are cute kids. This is a sad story and it makes me glad the drug choices my parents had were so limited.

OMG really going though the facebook page.

Larry loves her..

she is happy with that,it makes life all better I guess. On to Larrys and he seems to think all he has to do in life is have a J.O.B . I guess BAby girl is happy with that as well . In Larry's words "old post stupid''.

people and their issues!

Smoking blizzard on the maternity ward? Yup. Read it and be APPALLED!
    http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/co...-.html?nav=742

Read the Fb page. Complete train wreck. The baby who was born most recently was addicted to prescription drugs and had to be weaned off of them over time. Drugs. drugs. drugs.
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

well, thank God none of these women had the urge to eat their children... i think i have read about the users of these drugs trying to eat everything & everyone else .....gaaahhhh.. i just dont understand the bath salts thing....

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Kinda off topic but I do happen to have an aunt who has been called "Girl Baby" all her life. She's got to be in her 70's now, just saw her last month, and yep, I still call her Aunt Girl Baby. Mr Swamp has an aunt called "Aunt Sister". Everyone calls her "Sister", no, she is not and never has been a nun.

Yeah, we are from the south and we don;t need bath salts to come up with downright weird names.

SwampMama in light of this horrible crime you miraculously just made me smile. Bless "Aunt Baby Girl", and "Aunt Sister". Youse do come up with some of the best names down there.

Recently I became a Great Aunt for the first time. My own nephews call me a name that sounds abosultely nothing like Aunt or my given name. My nephew told me to come up with one just for his little to call me. I'd be honored to be "Aunt Old Girl".

We need a lil happiness around here.

Lightbulb

Hmmm...I always thought when a woman got pregnant, the whole 'maternal

instinct' thing kicks in. It did for most women I know. Maybe drugs interfere

with that naturally occurring. There are some moms who go all natural and

organic when they get preggo, or go vegan etc. When I was pregnant with

my oldest, before i knew I was preggo, I had a cough and took some over the

counter medicine, maybe robitussin. I got sick right away .

A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant and thought that was probably why I got sick. I really thought your body sends signals to your brain

and puts a pregnant woman in 'protection ' mode regarding her body. I would be interested in learning more about this if anyone knows anything.

Moo

Quote Originally Posted by Jovi Girl View Post
    Hmmm...I always thought when a woman got pregnant, the whole 'maternal instinct' thing kicks in. It did for most women I know.
    I don't think all women come equipped with it, drugs or not.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar