GUILTY Australia - Neelma, 24, Kunal, 18, & Sidhi Singh, 12, slain, Brisbane, 22 Apr 2003

Are there any threads on the site about the Sica case? I can't find a search function anywhere.

I've just joined, maybe I don;t have permission to search yet

thanks

I have thought all along that they have arrested and tried the wrong person but I have not read the latest information since the trial.

Max Sica has been found guilty of brutally murdering his ex-girlfriend and her two siblings.

The Brisbane Supreme Court jury took less than four days to return three guilty murder verdicts in what has been the longest murder trial in Queensland's history.

Sica, 42, had denied killing Neelma Singh, 24, Kunal Singh, 18, and Sidhi Singh, 12, and dumping their bodies in the spa of their family home in the outer Brisbane suburb of Bridgeman Downs.
http://maxsicatrial.com.au/article-history/75-max-sica-guilty-of-triple-murder.html

This is the only one so far. I don't know anything about this case?

If this is the only one it's a bit late to get into it really.

It was a huge case with a massive amount of peripheral/ back story stuff.

I think justice has been done

If this is the only one it's a bit late to get into it really.

It was a huge case with a massive amount of peripheral/ back story stuff.

I think justice has been done
Very relieved to read the news (even though it was 2 months ago). I read a lot on this case but the trial took forever so I left it after awhile. I was worried they didn't have enough evidence. The guy cleaned up the house after he murdered the 3. He dropped all the bodies in their spa. Actually, one of them (Kunal) wasn't dead but just unconscious and he drowned in that spa. He strangled his ex-gf Neelma, as that was his main target, then he killed the other 2 kids who were sleeping as they would have testified him being around that day. The details of the case are gruesome.

The guy left one footprint and that was pretty much all they found. Luckily neighbors and people at work (painters) in the neighborhood were paying attention. He also seemed to have confessed to a friend. It was a horrible murder and this guy is one sick freak. He is still involved in another trial for child rape offenses.

Justice for Neelma, Kunal and Sidhi.

RIP
253170-3x2-340x227.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/max-sica-a-confident-killer-20120703-21fl9.html

Sica was sentenced in July last year to 35 years in prison, the longest jail term ever ordered in Queensland, for the murder of his former girlfriend Neelma Singh, 24, and her siblings Kunal, 18, and Sidhi, 12, in April 2003.

Brisbane Times, 27 May 2013

Edited to say. He is appealing and one reason is that he wanted a Judge only trial

Sica was sentenced in July last year to 35 years in prison, the longest jail term ever ordered in Queensland, for the murder of his former girlfriend Neelma Singh, 24, and her siblings Kunal, 18, and Sidhi, 12, in April 2003.

Brisbane Times, 27 May 2013

Edited to say. He is appealing and one reason is that he wanted a Judge only trial

Poor soul. He didn't get what he wanted. Since when should criminals get to dictate the proceedings in a trial.

I hope they throw this appeal out, or it's going to cost the state big bikkies to retry.

Appeal judges consider Sica sentence reduction bid

By Andree Withey
Posted 41 minutes ago

The Queensland Court of Appeal has finished hearing a legal challenge from triple murderer Max Sica against his conviction and sentence.

They have reserved their decision until a later date

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-27/appeal-judges-consider-sica-sentence-reduction-bid/4715702

Edit to explain... The THEY here is that his appeal was heard by more than one Judge.

Plus he is saying a Jury did not give a fair trial because of the media.

Just sayin. If you tell porkies and it is reported in MSM, do not doubt your case will be followed.

And here the family goes again - trying to drag out another appeal, and plead the 'innocence' of their GUILTY son. I can't believe our justice system allows them to continually waste time, money and resources through a much too extensive appeals process. I'm all for making sure a correct verdict and sentence has been reached, but this is just ridiculous. They need to face the reality that their beloved son is a cold-blooded killer.

Strangeworld, I think his parents are at this stage appealing the length of the sentence.

Convicted triple killer Max Sica may seek High Court appeal

September 2, 2013

Convicted Queensland triple murderer Max Sica could seek to have his conviction overturned by the High Court of Australia.

It would be the 43-year-old’s final avenue of appeal, after the Supreme Court of Queensland dismissed an appeal on Monday.

Sica was last year jailed for a minimum of 35 years for the murders of former girlfriend Neelma Singh, 24, and her siblings Kunal, 18, and Sidhi, 12.

Sica was not in court on Monday but family members told reporters outside court there would be a High Court appeal.

‘‘We lost the battle but not the war,’’ Sica’s father Carlo Sica said.

Mr Sica and his wife Anna Sica had loudly protested in court when Justice John Muir delivered the decision.

‘‘There is no justice. Shame on you,’’ Mr Sica called out.

Sica or his legal team have 28 days to apply to the High Court for leave to appeal.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ourt-appeal-20130902-2szip.html#ixzz2fOTSYuWt

Looks like he has until 30 September 2013 to lodge his appeal to the High Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back