Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: boy, 12, charged with murder for 'beating to death his foster sister, 2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,045

    boy, 12, charged with murder for 'beating to death his foster sister, 2

    Manzana had this link on another thread of a 12 year old killing a 2 year old and I made a new thread for this case.

    Is it the water? The food? What is going on with kids who murder?

    A 12-year-old Maryland boy has been charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of his two-year-old foster sister, according to police.

    Police said the suspect, whose name is not being revealed because he is a juvenile, killed Aniyah Batchelor by repeatedly hitting her with his hands on Tuesday inside his home in the 1800 block of Taylor Avenue in Fort Washington.

    He has since been remanded to the Cheltenham Youth Facility, according to Julie Parker, a county police spokeswoman.


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1zriVSEm6


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    This one is a hard one, I suppose it is always a catch-22 situation of what if's but it seems like the mother had her children removed prematurely?

    There was an incident where it is said her son was visiting and was accidentally placed in a tub of scalding water.

    This did not happen on mom's watch, could a child have quickly turned on only one faucet filling tub and that one happened to be the hot water? I guess there is room for a possible accident I would have to know more but clearly this 12 year old beat this foster sibling and to death!

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Posts
    23,504
    Jean Price, a neighbor of the Fort Washington foster family, described the 12-year-old suspect as ‘the sweetest child’ who would always rush to help her with her groceries.

    ‘Their whole family is so special,’ she told the Post, adding that the 12-year-old boy sometimes talked with her about his grades. When she asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, she said, he replied, ‘I want to be successful.’


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1zrqE3cpp

    See? this right here is what I was talking about in the other thread. It is hard to reconcile a 12 year old boy as described above with someone who suddenly decides to beat to death a 2 year old cousin/foster sister.

    I can't scream for this kid's head, no matter how angry I am that little Aniyah suffered and died at his hands.

    Sigh. Rough day/week for crimes against children. ETA cases like this just make me want to cry and cry. Where do I put the anger? On a child? So hard.
    A MOO MOO here, a MOO MOO there, here a MOO, there a MOO, everywhere a MOO MOO

    Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    See? this right here is what I was talking about in the other thread. It is hard to reconcile a 12 year old boy as described above with someone who suddenly decides to beat to death a 2 year old cousin/foster sister.


    Yeah it really kinda is, those are completely different social situations, how a 12 year old responds to a neighbor lady and how he responds to a new sibling that is not part of his family equation are two vastly different things.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Jean Price, a neighbor of the Fort Washington foster family, described the 12-year-old suspect as ‘the sweetest child’ who would always rush to help her with her groceries.

    ‘Their whole family is so special,’ she told the Post, adding that the 12-year-old boy sometimes talked with her about his grades. When she asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, she said, he replied, ‘I want to be successful.’


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1zrqE3cpp

    See? this right here is what I was talking about in the other thread. It is hard to reconcile a 12 year old boy as described above with someone who suddenly decides to beat to death a 2 year old cousin/foster sister.

    I can't scream for this kid's head, no matter how angry I am that little Aniyah suffered and died at his hands.

    Sigh. Rough day/week for crimes against children. ETA cases like this just make me want to cry and cry. Where do I put the anger? On a child? So hard.
    A 12 year old answered he wants to be "successful"? Not a specific job or career? That's odd.
    Look at the traits of NPD (Narcissist Personality Disorder + Psychopathy.) May explain.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Posts
    23,504
    Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    A 12 year old answered he wants to be "successful"? Not a specific job or career? That's odd.
    Look at the traits of NPD (Narcissist Personality Disorder + Psychopathy.) May explain.
    Thank you I did a bit of reading but feel that one statement made to a neighbor and a violent act are not enough for me to even feel close to confident in diagnosing this kid as a narcissist or a psychopath. Also I am unsure which trait you feel his stating he wants to be successful is exhibiting? Is it grandiose? Is it caring only about appearances?

    Not being contradictory but just don't feel I can make that leap with you based on the very limited info about the boy that I have read.
    A MOO MOO here, a MOO MOO there, here a MOO, there a MOO, everywhere a MOO MOO

    Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Not being contradictory but just don't feel I can make that leap with you based on the very limited info about the boy that I have read.

    I agree, I can not make that leap either but something was completely wrong with that boy.

    I understand the whole sibling rivalry thing and it goes way beyond that being that was not immediate family. I've seen many a brother/sister mad and say things, even physical, but to beat another child to death that is so much younger, there is no excuse. Sorry for the run on sentence.

    I am sure he may have been jealous of all the attention she may have received from his OWN parents. We will never know enough, even if we had the ability to talk to his teacher, that would add little incite. We would know how he related to peers and in a social school environment but not how he was at home with siblings or the foster child. I would not believe a word from parents at this time as they are trying to save their 12 year old.

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Posts
    23,504
    We may never know what drove this act and sometimes, I think that is the most disturbing difficult part of these cases. The never knowing the why? Why?
    A MOO MOO here, a MOO MOO there, here a MOO, there a MOO, everywhere a MOO MOO

    Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,111
    I'm sorry, but age 12 is the age of accountability and this boy was old enough to know what he was doing. The truth is, he obviously didn't care. He needs to be punished and that little 2 year old deserves justice. For those who feel sorry for him, he will be out at age 21, if not before. At least he can go out and live life at that time. The 2 year old is gone forever.

    I may sound hard, but that is how I feel.

    MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I'm sorry, but age 12 is the age of accountability and this boy was old enough to know what he was doing. The truth is, he obviously didn't care. He needs to be punished and that little 2 year old deserves justice. For those who feel sorry for him, he will be out at age 21, if not before. At least he can go out and live life at that time. The 2 year old is gone forever.

    I may sound hard, but that is how I feel.

    MOO
    Is that if he is charged under juvenile statutes? TIA

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    421
    It was mentioned in the article that neither of the foster parents were at home, leaving the 2 yr old child in the care of their 15, 12, & 5 yr old children- this is a big red flag to me...

  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thistle For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    Is that if he is charged under juvenile statutes? TIA
    Yes he has to be 14 to be certified but the judge can decide to (certify) if he chooses.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    946
    The article mentions a 15 year old babysitting..where was the 15 year old when this happened?

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by manzana View Post
    I agree, I can not make that leap either but something was completely wrong with that boy.

    I understand the whole sibling rivalry thing and it goes way beyond that being that was not immediate family. I've seen many a brother/sister mad and say things, even physical, but to beat another child to death that is so much younger, there is no excuse. Sorry for the run on sentence.

    I am sure he may have been jealous of all the attention she may have received from his OWN parents. We will never know enough, even if we had the ability to talk to his teacher, that would add little incite. We would know how he related to peers and in a social school environment but not how he was at home with siblings or the foster child. I would not believe a word from parents at this time as they are trying to save their 12 year old.
    BBM
    This is what I was thinking. I've been around kids who are so helpful in the beginning, even in helping to tend to younger children. But, it seems after a while of being treated like miniature adults, they suddenly rebel and become absolute brats. A friend also told me once of some of the evil things a young female relative would do to her little cousin. The girl's parents were very active missionaries, and we discussed whether they were so busy doing good deeds for others that they unconsciously failed to give enough attention to their daughter. So, yes, I could imagine the 12-year-old becoming terribly resentful of the 2-year-old.

    Whether he should be tried as a juvenile, though, I'm undecided. In the cases I mention above, all of the children were younger than 10. I knew an 11-year-old boy who was very capable of caring for his 2-year-old brother (the parents did pay for a babysitter while they were away). I think it will depend upon the boy's level of maturity on behavioral tests. Developmentally, at 12 a child's thought processes become more abstract, so they understand the consequences of their actions and understand the concept of permanence (as in death). The boy could be developmentally delayed. And I, too, wonder where the 15-year-old was while this happened. Just a very sad case altogether.
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
    ~ Mark Twain

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Indy Anna For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Thank you I did a bit of reading but feel that one statement made to a neighbor and a violent act are not enough for me to even feel close to confident in diagnosing this kid as a narcissist or a psychopath. Also I am unsure which trait you feel his stating he wants to be successful is exhibiting? Is it grandiose? Is it caring only about appearances?

    Not being contradictory but just don't feel I can make that leap with you based on the very limited info about the boy that I have read.
    Where one of my children goes to school, it seems all the teachers talk about is being "successful in life"...at the meetings they talk about wanting our children's time there to "be successful". It's even on posters in the hall. Maybe it's that way at his school?
    I also can't read too much into that statement.
    Evil don't look like anything...

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:


  31. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Thank you I did a bit of reading but feel that one statement made to a neighbor and a violent act are not enough for me to even feel close to confident in diagnosing this kid as a narcissist or a psychopath. Also I am unsure which trait you feel his stating he wants to be successful is exhibiting? Is it grandiose? Is it caring only about appearances?

    Not being contradictory but just don't feel I can make that leap with you based on the very limited info about the boy that I have read.
    For me, the bottom line is that this 12 year old boy beat a 2 year old to death. This takes some effort and intention . To persist in the assault until the 2 year old was near death or dead is "enough" for me to conclude this is a deeply disturbed young man. "Narcissistic" or antisocial or psychopathic or whatever . . . any person who commits to beating a 2 year old for the length of time it takes them to become mortally injured makes the neighbor's kind words irrelevant. Seriously, his verbalizations about "success" and how impressed his neighbor for whatever reason FADE into the background because he beat a 2 year old to death with his own hands.

    Whatever this 12 year old child is, he is murderous, and does not possess the empathy or foresight to curb his impulses.

    I've been following the other 12 (now 13) year old Cristian Fernandez's story, and disagree he should be tried as an adult, very much. I hope the 12 year old in this incident remains free of this issue. At the same time, the seriousness of their crime must not be dumbed down due to their age, just dealt with appropriately, perhaps creatively (not exactly a strong suit in the criminal justice realm, but I still wish).

    Whatever he is, he murdered a helpless toddler at an age where MOST human beings have firmly established empathy for babies. I don't care if he told the neighbor he wanted to start a non-profit for kids with cancer . . . he killed a baby with his own hands. He is dangerous, unpredictable, impulsive, and deadly . The fact of what he did describes him, not the neighbor's brief interactions with him, no matter how positive.

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:


  33. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,805
    I wonder why 911 was nor called until the father came home?
    Evil don't look like anything...

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:


  35. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    I have to say at this time I am leaning towards sentencing him as an adult. How much past his 12th birthday is he?, how long will it take for justice to be handed down? He could easily be 14 by the time justice is handed down. Honestly I do not think our juvenile system in that short of a time can work out the problems this boy has. I'm not saying lock him up and throw away the key but he needs a good twenty years imo, maybe then he can.....? I doubt juvey will help this child.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:


  37. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,299
    Quote Originally Posted by manzana View Post
    I have to say at this time I am leaning towards sentencing him as an adult. How much past his 12th birthday is he?, how long will it take for justice to be handed down? He could easily be 14 by the time justice is handed down. Honestly I do not think our juvenile system in that short of a time can work out the problems this boy has. I'm not saying lock him up and throw away the key but he needs a good twenty years imo, maybe then he can.....? I doubt juvey will help this child.
    Neither will prison, imo

    Very sad and tough case. Not knowing anything about this boy is hard to judge him based on limited information.

    Was he a troubled kid?

    How did he do in school?

    Had he ever been in fights?

    Did he ever beat on his 4 year old sister?

    Did he ever beat the 2 year old before?

    I'm not condoning what he's done but I don't think we can officially say this kid is a psychopath.

    What if he has a mental illness? Was he on any type of medication?

    And so on .......

    I would need to know more and if he's tried as an adult, I'm sure a jury would have a difficult time convicting a 12 year old without a mental helath assessment.

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  39. #20
    Cracka*Jaxx's Avatar
    Cracka*Jaxx is offline Juan Martinez sees a crack then drives a Mack truck through it!
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC transplant to Southwest USA
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Neither will prison, imo

    Very sad and tough case. Not knowing anything about this boy is hard to judge him based on limited information.

    Was he a troubled kid?

    How did he do in school?

    Had he ever been in fights?

    Did he ever beat on his 4 year old sister?

    Did he ever beat the 2 year old before?

    I'm not condoning what he's done but I don't think we can officially say this kid is a psychopath.

    What if he has a mental illness? Was he on any type of medication?

    And so on .......

    I would need to know more and if he's tried as an adult, I'm sure a jury would have a difficult time convicting a 12 year old without a mental helath assessment.
    For me, having answers to any other these questions is meaningless. Obviously, something is wrong since they're operating outside normal parameters. Every criminal has all kinds of excuses for why they murdered someone, did drugs, or robbed a bank. Is their defense ever just "I felt like it", "It gave me pleasure" or "I was greedy"? No. They always fall back on their sad childhood or mental illness as an excuse. No one is helping the situation by making excuses and coddling these psychos.

    I don't care how old or young the murderer is. If they take another life, they need to pay with their own.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Cracka*Jaxx For This Useful Post:


  41. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka*Jaxx View Post
    For me, having answers to any other these questions is meaningless. Obviously, something is wrong since they're operating outside normal parameters. Every criminal has all kinds of excuses for why they murdered someone, did drugs, or robbed a bank. Is their defense ever just "I felt like it", "It gave me pleasure" or "I was greedy"? No. They always fall back on their sad childhood or mental illness as an excuse. No one is helping the situation by making excuses and coddling these psychos.

    I don't care how old or young the murderer is. If they take another life, they need to pay with their own.
    I agree with you totally, Cracka*Jaxx.

    A murderer is a murderer, IMO. I am not a bleeding heart for excuses. It is what it is - murder of a two year old in the worst way - beaten to death. I wonder how long it took? Coddle him now and I suspect he will either do the same or worse in the future. Not me, coach. He could have stopped, but didn't.

    MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:


  43. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I agree with you totally, Cracka*Jaxx.

    A murderer is a murderer, IMO. I am not a bleeding heart for excuses. It is what it is - murder of a two year old in the worst way - beaten to death. I wonder how long it took? Coddle him now and I suspect he will either do the same or worse in the future. Not me, coach. He could have stopped, but didn't.

    MOO
    I don't see anyone here suggesting he be coddled. I too would like to know the answers to n~t's questions. I don't see how anyone will ever be able to prevent this type of crime unless these questions are asked. These kids need to get help before it gets to this point. These questions need to be asked, every time.
    Evil don't look like anything...

  44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:


  45. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    17,101
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I agree with you totally, Cracka*Jaxx.

    A murderer is a murderer, IMO. I am not a bleeding heart for excuses. It is what it is - murder of a two year old in the worst way - beaten to death. I wonder how long it took? Coddle him now and I suspect he will either do the same or worse in the future. Not me, coach. He could have stopped, but didn't.

    MOO
    And I agree with you both.

    I have followed young juvenile murderers for years now and their acts of homicide are extremely heinous and cruel. Most of them consist of premeditation and they try to cover up their crimes.

    I dont know what the answer is when the very young murder but imo it certainly is not the juvenile justice system that lets them out by the time they are either 18 or no later than 21.

    Imo, as far as the excuses there are none that will rationalize such a horrific act away. It matters not to me IF he was a troubled kid or even IF he suffered some type of abuse or IF his life wasnt ideal. Abuse doesnt turn someone into being a murder ...killing someone makes them a murderer. If abuse really was a contributing factor then the millions who are abused yearly would turn around and abuse or become a murderer. These young killers are in a league of their own, imo, and extremely dangerous.

    Remember the 8 year old AZ boy that laid in wait and murdered two men in cold blood? He too got such sympathy just because of his age. He got more sympathy than the ones he murdered and not one shred of abuse was ever uncovered.

    Well this is what is happening with that kid now who is in a mental health treatment facility. It is obvious that the treatment isnt working but I have read that treating a fledgling psychopath with precription medication who has a conduct disorder can make them even worse and IMO, CR cant be fixed.

    A probation officer has moved to revoke the probation of a 12-year-old St. Johns, Ariz., boy who killed his father four years ago, alleging that the child repeatedly threatened staffers and damaged property at a treatment center in Phoenix.

    A petition filed last week by Apache County juvenile probation officer Michael O'Brien says the boy engaged in a series of violent and threatening incidents over the past three months. While simulating a handgun, Christian allegedly talked of shooting his therapist at the Youth Development Institute, a private, not-for-profit facility in central Phoenix. He also is accused of shoving the therapist against a wall, threatening to kill a roommate, destroying property and running away. Christian Romero has no defense attorney, and his guardian ad litem could not be reached for comment.


    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ion/53808790/1

    Let this kid out and he will be moving to a town near one of us and our children or grandchildren.

    We have got to find a responsible way of dealing with young killers and the juvie system isnt the answer. And dont think these young kids dont know they are treated much differently than if they were an adult. They know. They could kill 40 people and still be out in a few short years. Does this really make any sense and how is it justice for the victims who have been murdered.

    I imagine this kid in this case lost his temper when the 2 year old toddler maybe got into something that belonged to him or maybe the 2 year old wanted his attention and he went ballistic because the toddler was 'bugging' him.

    Very few of the cases I have read in recent years really had nothing to do with abuse but was more about self centeredness and the kids flew into a rage because they were either being 'bugged' by the victim or didnt get their way about something or had one of their material possessions taken away.

    IMO
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 07-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  47. #24
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Posts
    23,504
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I'm sorry, but age 12 is the age of accountability and this boy was old enough to know what he was doing. The truth is, he obviously didn't care. He needs to be punished and that little 2 year old deserves justice. For those who feel sorry for him, he will be out at age 21, if not before. At least he can go out and live life at that time. The 2 year old is gone forever.

    I may sound hard, but that is how I feel.

    MOO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyGirl View Post
    For me, the bottom line is that this 12 year old boy beat a 2 year old to death. This takes some effort and intention . To persist in the assault until the 2 year old was near death or dead is "enough" for me to conclude this is a deeply disturbed young man. "Narcissistic" or antisocial or psychopathic or whatever . . . any person who commits to beating a 2 year old for the length of time it takes them to become mortally injured makes the neighbor's kind words irrelevant. Seriously, his verbalizations about "success" and how impressed his neighbor for whatever reason FADE into the background because he beat a 2 year old to death with his own hands.

    Whatever this 12 year old child is, he is murderous, and does not possess the empathy or foresight to curb his impulses.

    I've been following the other 12 (now 13) year old Cristian Fernandez's story, and disagree he should be tried as an adult, very much. I hope the 12 year old in this incident remains free of this issue. At the same time, the seriousness of their crime must not be dumbed down due to their age, just dealt with appropriately, perhaps creatively (not exactly a strong suit in the criminal justice realm, but I still wish).

    Whatever he is, he murdered a helpless toddler at an age where MOST human beings have firmly established empathy for babies. I don't care if he told the neighbor he wanted to start a non-profit for kids with cancer . . . he killed a baby with his own hands. He is dangerous, unpredictable, impulsive, and deadly . The fact of what he did describes him, not the neighbor's brief interactions with him, no matter how positive.
    Please do not misunderstand. I am not saying I feel sorry for the 12 year old or that I think he should not face whatever consequences the law has in store for him.

    I was simply expressing my frustration with cases such as this where victim and perpetrator are both children. It just strikes me as doubly tragic. For the family, two lives, all that unknown potential, poof - gone.
    A MOO MOO here, a MOO MOO there, here a MOO, there a MOO, everywhere a MOO MOO

    Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  49. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,111
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Please do not misunderstand. I am not saying I feel sorry for the 12 year old or that I think he should not face whatever consequences the law has in store for him.

    I was simply expressing my frustration with cases such as this where victim and perpetrator are both children. It just strikes me as doubly tragic. For the family, two lives, all that unknown potential, poof - gone.
    It is tragic for all involved here. I totally get what you are saying, tlcox.

    This boy did not get to age 12 without knowing there are consequesces to ones own actions, IMO, and he needs to pay for ending the life of a two year old baby.

    I am just always on the side of the victim, and I know you always are also from having read your posts for so long. I think we are all extremely frustrated.

    MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Three charged with murder in beating death of Chicago Teen
    By LaWanda in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM
  2. St. Petersburg man charged in beating death of 2-year-old boy
    By Shadow205 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
  3. 11 Yr Old NM boy charged with murder in father's death
    By Linda7NJ in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
  4. Foster father charged in beating death of 3 year old
    By mssheila in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 08:37 PM
  5. Boy charged with murder after mother dies from beating
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 02:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •