Five children stranded at downtown Dallas bus station after mom dies during journey

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
5 children stranded at bus stop after mother dies (AP via mysanantonio.com)
DALLAS (AP) — Five children traveling across the country are in the custody of authorities after their mother died.
---
The children stayed with Greyhound officials until police officers took them to Child Protective Services. Officials are trying to contact the children's father.

Greyhound says it will take the children to Oregon for free
more at link above

Five children left alone at downtown Dallas bus station after mother suddenly dies (Dallas Morning News)
---
The family from was waiting to board a bus to Mississippi around 4 a.m. [....] when the mother was stricken, according to Jen Biddinger, spokeswoman for Greyhound.

[29-year-old Felicia Hayles of Roseburg, Ore.] was transported to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, where she died, according to Ashaki Hardeman, Dallas Police spokeswoman.
---
more at link above

How horribly sad. I hope they find the father but they will be in good care til then. They must be so frightened.

Oh Dear GOD! How awful. :cry:

If that doesn't make you cry I don't know what will. GOD help those children and bless Greyhound for doing the right thing and getting them to their destination for free.

Bless their souls. I wonder what ages they are? Not that it matters. Just curious.

Kelly

Just looked at the second link. They are so young but definitely old enough to understand what's happened.

Bless their hearts :(

Those poor babies. Heartbreaking.

Well good golly miss molly...I hope she wasn't trying to escape the father!

I have been praying they have a good dad, just like you longtallcold. I don't understand the situation but hope these little ones have someone to care for them. GOD help them. I cannot imagine and have not been able to let go since I first read this story.

Kelly

FYI her Facebook says she is happily married to a wonderful man. I hope that eases everyone's concerns like it did mine.

This is so, so sad. GB those precious children!

I just don't know what else to say.

:dunno:

I will pray that the father is a wonderful man who will find a way to help his children through this. May God bless them all.

This breaks my mother's heart...... so sad.

Golly, I have to stop coming to WS when I am working and/or exhausted--which is most of the time. I saw this post again while looking for updates on these babies and had to LOL. I now realize you were referring to YOUR heart as a mother, not to your actual mom. Duh.... Sorry. :)
K.

Why did the coroner's office publish her name and cause of death? It was not a crime or anything so why wasn't she entitled to posthumous privacy?

Why did the coroner's office publish her name and cause of death? It was not a crime or anything so why wasn't she entitled to posthumous privacy?

I don't believe there is entitlement to privacy for the dead.

She was only 29 so the kids are still pretty young . Poor babies.

I don't believe there is entitlement to privacy for the dead.

She may not care any more but her family is alive and might not have wanted their tragedy exposed in the media.

I don't understand why the cause of death of a woman dying of natural causes needs to make the news.

She died of a blood clot due to obesity at the age of 29. Maybe there's been speculation that the husband "did it", so it could have been released to ensure that the air was clear about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back