Weird weather worldwide

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
I know England is renowned for rain but this is ridiculous. It is July, high summer supposedly, a time for warm gardens humming with insects, open doors and windows, drinking Pimms in the evenings and watching the sunset.
Sandals, kids and dogs playing in the river.

So on this July morning I walk down the road to pick up the paper and eggs and where there is usually a lane I am greeted with this
008.JPG

and this
005.JPG

Is the weather weird where you are?

yeah... its been really REALLY HOT... and yeah everyone says this this time of year, but, this year i have seen something i havent ever seen before.... and this would be the sight of a coyote standing up on his back legs drinking from my bird bath around noontime...i have seen him two times...lol i feel really bad for the wildlife that has to suffer this awful heat...

Yes, the weather has been weird in Louisiana for the past few years. We had some snow in March 3 years ago and it never snows here. The past two winters have been unusually warm.

Last summer was hotter than normal, mild winter, and now unrelenting heat with little to no rain. I am thinking of moving to Iceland.

The only good thing is that I switched to level billing with the electric company so I will be paying the same thing every month all year round. No $300.00 surprises this summer when I open the bill. Level billing is a wonderful thing! 68 degrees in here for the whole year!

My heart goes out to everyone suffering in the heat this summer. And, please, God, no more hot flashes! I am a grandma, for goodness sake!

Up here in Washington state, we've had subnormal temperatures and excessive rainfall (for a place with already excessive rainfall) up until two days ago. It's been in the 70's since. The rest of the US has been either burning down or broiling :( . It's so strange to watch the news and relate to the people in the OTHER 47 contiguous states begging for the heat to end. Hell, I just want the dang mud to dry up! Send us some, we are about three weeks late for our summer up here. I don't mean to make light of the real suffering of those still without power in the Midwest and mid Atlantic states :( Up here in WA state we are just SO summer deprived we lose perspective lol.

yup...weird....mother nature needs to lay off the bath salts....seriously...

here where i live....record setting high temps for days on end, the state burning down.....then all of a sudden 2 days of monsoons w/ flash flooding everywhere....and NOW we haven't gotten above 70 today.

maybe mother nature is just PMSing..... *shrug*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back