GUILTY NY - Trevor, 5, & Violet Noel, 4 mos, poisoned & gassed to death, 5 July 2012

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
The mother, whose husband is a rookie NYPD cop, left a suicide note/confession at the scene that said the kids would be in 'a better place' after their deaths.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...e-attempt-mom-article-1.1108911#ixzz1zyiEJvz9

July 7, 2012

She was a soccer-loving mom and terrific teacher, a cop’s girlfriend and a quiet neighbor — until the madness before midnight that left her two helpless kids dead.

Lisette Bamenga forced her 5-year-old son and 4-month-old daughter to swill toxic wiper fluid. She used plastic and tape to seal up their apartment windows, and turned on the gas from her stove, police sources said.

Then she slashed her wrists and sat alone in their ninth-floor apartment, watching the life seep slowly out of Trevor Noel Jr. and adorable kid sister Lillian.

disgusting.

no excuse - I don't care how depressed someone is, you do not MURDER your children before killing yourself

www.nypost.com has an article stating she killed them as a result of her husband having an affair and the letter saying something like are you happy now?

There was the same type of situation a couple of months ago in Philadelphia (mom kills kids, suicide doesn't work of course) due to husband's alleged infidelity. Hell hath no fury apparently. Disgusting.

Thankfully in both cases the killers survived (I only have satisfaction because their lives will be hell going forward).

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002803.htm

Windshield wiper fluid is mostly methanol, which causes severe organ damage, especially to the kidneys. Initially it causes nausea and vomiting.

Those babies did not just go to sleep and die. They died slow and hard and in agony. And their mother was able to sit through it and not change her mind and call for help. It took those babies hours to die.

How can it be so easy to poison your children yet you can't slit your wrists effectively?

This woman's FB shows absolutely gorgeous children. One thing stood out to me is a few photographs of her quick stop over surprise to see her Trev who had up and took a European vacation without her. Woman went to Amsterdam just to see Trev? A surprise none the less.

RIP beautiful children.

Just an opinion, but something tells me when these women murder their lovers children because the man has an affair he sure must have quite a few others along the way.

Oh and In Crooklyn a mother murdered her 9 year old with a hammer and tried suicide from pills but called 911.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...-with-hammer-then/unJOhIo5Aka36fUfbPEaEA.cspx

This case is just horrible!!! I really just don't have any words. I just posted over at the link about Teneka Revell who killed her 9 year old with a hammer!!! In the case of Lisette Bamenga, I think she truly was evil enough to kill her kids to get even with their father! How on Earth, a Mother could look in the eyes of those beautiful children and kill them is beyond me.... I honestly try to understand all of the cases here on WS's. Sometimes, I just can't, and this is one of those times. I would die for my children, and for my husband. Just simply, horrible. :banghead:

Trial is currently underway.

Lawyer of Bronx mother who poisoned, drowned her two children says she suffered untreated mental illness - March 13th

The lawyer for a city schoolteacher and cop’s girlfriend who poisoned and drowned her two young children in a Bronx apartment — before slashing her wrists and leaving suicide notes — will argue at her trial that she was suffering from an untreated mental illness at the time of the killings.

Lisette Bamenga, who goes on trial Monday for force-feeding her 4-month-old daughter and 5-year-old son windshield wiper fluid before drowning them in a bathtub, had an undiagnosed case of postpartum depression that blinded her to reality, said lawyer Michael Dowd.

Bamenga faces life in prison if convicted of murder in the first degree. She has opted out of a jury trial, instead choosing to allow a judge, Justice Martin Marcus, decide her fate.

Bronx woman accused of drowning her two kids before making them drink wiper fluid was a 'dedicated' mom, her lawyer says - March 14th

A lawyer for a Bronx woman accused of killing her two children in a jealous rage painted the defendant Monday as a “dedicated” mother whose son and daughter were “incredibly well taken care of.”

Lisette Bamenga’s lawyer, Michael Dowd said Bamenga suffers from bipolar disorder and postpartum psychosis, before attacking Trevor Noel, the grieving police officer father, as a constant womanizer and unreliable parent.

But prosecutors said Bamenga, 33, was jealous that Noel fathered a third child with another woman, driving Bamenga to kill her children for revenge on July 5, 2012.

Assistant DA Nancy Borko said Bamenga "had the presence of mind” to know what she was doing, referring to the bodies of her 4-month-old daughter Violet Lily, and 5-year-old son, Trevor Noel Jr.

Pathologist, detective testify at trial of mom accused of murder - March 18th

A forensic pathologist and an NYPD detective testified Friday for the prosecution at the Bronx trial of a mother who is accused of killing her children.

Taking the stand at the Bronx County Hall of Justice, the pathologist from the medical examiner's office testified that Lisette Bamenga's young son and infant daughter died from drowning.

Father testifies in Bamenga murder trial - March 21st

He testified for several hours as Bamenga's lawyer tried to paint him as an unfaithful party in an on-again, off-again relationship.

The defense argues that Bamenga's relationship with her children's father was strained due to his infidelity. Her attorney says the relationship led her to have suicidal thoughts, and she also had post-partum psychosis.

images

Excuses she murdered her children and should be punished for life and or death penalty,

Ooh, I hate this woman! She managed to search the Internet for the proper dosage of windshield wiper fluid to poison her kids and when that didn't work fast enough she drowned them. Oh, and sealed the doors and windows with tape and plastic then turned on the gas before slitting - er, I mean "nicking" her own wrists.

That's awfully ambitious for a depressed person. How many hours were involved in this plan, starting with her online research?

At the woman’s arraignment, lawyers outlined a horrifying series of events: Before school teacher Lisette Bamenga, 29, poisoned, drowned and then gassed her children — Trevor, 5, and Violet Lily, 4 months — she read that she needed two tablespoons of windshield wiper fluid to poison a child. She fed the kids laced grape juice. But that didn’t kill them — so she drowned the helpless tots in the bathtub of the family’s Parkchester apartment.

“I poisoned them. That didn’t work, so I drowned them,” Lisette Bamenga told investigators from the hospital shortly after the murders according to Prosecutor Theresa Gottlieb.

The Bronx mom allegedly admitted she carried out the grisly acts after discovering her NYPD cop husband — Trevor Noel, 31, a patrolman in the 28th Precinct — fathered a child with someone else.
“It’s not fair, Trevor had a baby with another woman,” Bamenga also allegedly said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...taught-kill-kids-prosecutor-article-1.1113098

Sounds more like an enraged "I'll teach him" act. And why are these idiots always better at killing innocents than taking their own lives?

MOO. :furious:

Lisette Bamenga testified last Friday and today.

http://bronx.news12.com/news/lisette-bamenga-accused-of-killing-her-children-testifies-for-2nd-day-in-murder-trial-1.11628066

The Bronx mother accused of killing her two young children testified in court for the second day Monday.

Bamenga testified that she would never hurt her children, but also told the court that on July 5, 2012, she heard laughter and voices and felt a strong urge to kill herself.

She says she bought windshield wiper fluid and laced grape juice with the chemical in a bid to kill herself. She says she drank the mixture three times.

Emotionally disturbed ex-teacher who poisoned, drowned her two kids convicted of manslaughter

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-teacher-poisoned-drowned-kids-guilty-manslaughter-article-1.2593449

A former teacher accused of poisoning and drowning her two children was found guilty of manslaughter Friday.

Lisette Bamenga, 33, had faced life in prison if convicted of murder for the 2012 slayings of her 5-year-old son Trevor Noel Jr. and her infant daughter Violet Lily Noel.

But the judge overseeing her bench trial found she was too emotionally disturbed to be charged with murder.

Judge Martin Marcus didn’t buy the defense’s argument — but he did find Bamenga suffered from emotional disturbance severe enough to warrant downgrading her charges to manslaughter.

She faces anywhere from five to 25 years in prison when she’s sentenced later this month.

A former teacher who laced her two young children's grape juice with windshield wiper fluid, then drowned them in a bathtub promised on Tuesday to raise awareness of postpartum depression before a judge sentenced her to eight years in prison.

Dressed in an all-white suit, her hands cuffed behind her back, Lisette Bamenga spoke quietly to Judge Martin Marcus, who found her guilty in April of manslaughter in the July 2012 deaths of 4-month-old Violet and 4-year-old Trevor. She had been charged with murder, but her attorney argued she suffered from crippling undiagnosed postpartum psychosis. The judge agreed she suffered from an emotional disturbance severe enough to knock down the charges.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/8-years-for-lisette-bamenga-mom-who-poisoned-grape-juice-drowned-kids/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back