Thread: CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 1981

CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 1981

Natalie Wood's Cause Of Death Changed From 'Accident' To 'Undetermend"

Actress Natalie Wood's cause of death, formerly ruled as accidental drowning, has been formally changed to "undetermined."

The 43-year-old was found drowned in 1981, after a night of yachting off the Californian coast with her husband, Robert Wagner, and actor Christopher Walken. The Los Angeles Coroner's office ruled her death as accidental. The coroner's report noted that a night of heavy drinking could have caused her to slip and fall...

In November 2011, however, the case was reopened after Dennis Davern, the yacht's captain, came forward with new information about the incident. Davern said he believes that Wagner was responsible for Wood's death.

According to Davern, Wagner and Wood had been involved in an intense argument earlier that night ... When Wood went missing, Davern claims, Wagner asked him not to look for her.

... Some of the bruises found on Wood's body have been determined to be inconsistent with death by drowning.

The detectives noted that they still believe drowning to be the ultimate cause of Wood's death. However, the suspicious bruises were one factor that led the L.A. County Coroner to change the cause of death on Wood's death certificate from "accident" to "undetermined."

... more at link below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D176572

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

I never believed Natalie Wood died due to accidental drowning - not then, not now.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:

I never believed it either. I was only about 14 when it happened but I remember and I think the sediment back then was that it was not an accident.

Didnt Christopher Walkin say over the years that he was suspicious too? He was on the boat.

Glad they have categorized this and hope it doesnt collect dust for another 30 yrs.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Also, I always thought she was very beautiful and extremely talented. It's such a shame.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Bumping. Has anyone heard any updates?

Did Hollywood star Natalie Wood walk in on husband Robert Wagner and Christopher Walken having sex on the night she drowned?

"Now the National Enquirer claims to have uncovered documentation - an official lifeguard log - which suggests Wagner and Walken had engaged in a sexual act and that Wood may have walked in on them and set off the chain of events which lead to her untimely and still unexplained death."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2PRP6zR2v

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post: