Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #2

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/Sherif...nea_Lomax.aspx
    El Dorado County Sheriff's Office
    Press Release
    The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office has transferred the Linnea Lomax missing person case to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office. El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Detectives have been assigned to the case and are in contact with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office, the family of Miss Lomax and the searching organization the family has established.

Miss Lomax was last seen on June 26th in the 800 block of Howe Avenue, Sacramento. At that time Miss Lomax had been at a scheduled appointment in the area. Information indicates that she left the building where her appointment was scheduled, to go to lunch. She never returned to finish her appointment.

Linnea Lomax is a student at the University of California in Davis and is a resident of El Dorado County. Linnea is 19 years old, 5'2" 100 pounds and has blond hair.

She was last seen wearing faded green pants, a dark blue Hoody sweatshirt with the word "Sweden" written on the front. She was also wearing black flip flops. Linnea is considered at-risk and needs her regular medications.

If you have any information as to Linnea's location, please contact the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office at (530) 621-6600.

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/Sheriff/Press_Releases/Linnea_Lomax.aspx

No Rumors Allowed! We are a victim friendly site. Linnea's Family are victims here at this time. Please link to a verified source when stating facts.

Please Continue Here...

Verified Posters:
    Linnea Lomax case
    parlor is a verified local/searcher
    DomCobb as a local/searcher/insider
    Ender is a verified insider/local
    trackinghounds is a verified insider

Thread #1

Media Links
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-20-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: fixed broken links

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Wow, that story is very different from what I've been hearing up until now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chillinellie For This Useful Post:

Just curious-if Linnea did contact the El Dorado LE and told them that she was fine, not really missing, and staying with someone right now would they withdraw her from being an "at-risk" missing person? Like, is that enough? If so, if Linnea really is happily staying with someone and healthy in every way it seems like the fastest way to end this would be to give LE a call.
    I would have to say that El Dorado County Sheriff's would make a public statement if they know for a fact that Linnea is somewhere safe.

And I have to agree with you that the best way for everyone to end the pain of not knowing Linnea's well being is contact LE.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

The clean bill of health statement seems like really bad reporting/wording from The Daily Mail and not any "real" source (either the family, Linnea, LE, or Sutter Health). I don't know any mental health facility that would use that terminology while still recommending medication and continued out-patient treatment which has also been a part of the story since the very first day. I don't see any major contradictions unless I am just missing it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

I've been checking the family fb throughout this day and it appears they are NOT deleting posts. High 5s to them for that! I hope that practice continues.

~jmo~

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chillinellie View Post
    Wow, that story is very different from what I've been hearing up until now.
    I'm just curious how so? What have you been hearing up until now, and what made it seem/feel so different to you?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    I'm just curious how so? What have you been hearing up until now, and what made it seem/feel so different to you?
    (if you don't mind sharing)

I keep wondering if any of these sightings were actually Linnea and not just a number of girls that would resemble her. There has to be something that indicates that foul play didn't occur and she wasn't abducted on the day she went missing, but yet there is really no concrete evidence of this that we have proof of. There hasn't been any individual or agency stating to the media that she has been seen and talked to face to face. Anybody can call in a sighting, that really means nothing.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    I've been checking the family fb throughout this day and it appears they are NOT deleting posts. High 5s to them for that! I hope that practice continues.

~jmo~
    Yes, let's see how long they leave those posts up. I took a couple of screen shots to see if they delete. Some posters are very upset with the relentless search.

For what it is worth...read the comment by JK posted 10 hours ago via mobile.

She claims that someone claiming to be able to have direct contact with Linnea...and claiming that Linnea was with someone and was safe in Sacremento...tried to talk to the family. But the family wouldn't have anything to do with them.

Several other interesting comments under the latest post that is asking for volunteers on 7/7 and 7/8.

http://www.facebook.com/HelpFindLinnea

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    Yes, let's see how long they leave those posts up. I took a couple of screen shots to see if they delete. Some posters are very upset with the relentless search.

For what it is worth...read the comment by JK posted 10 hours ago via mobile.

She claims that someone claiming to be able to have direct contact with Linnea...and claiming that Linnea was with someone and was safe in Sacremento...tried to talk to the family. But the family wouldn't have anything to do with them.

Several other interesting comments under the latest post that is asking for volunteers on 7/7 and 7/8.

http://www.facebook.com/HelpFindLinnea
    Why should I believe that these Facebook post's are legitimate?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    Why should I believe that these Facebook post's are legitimate?
    That's why my post stated, "For what it is worth..."

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    That's why my post stated, "For what it is worth..."
    So your saying there not worth much?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    I keep wondering if any of these sightings were actually Linnea and not just a number of girls that would resemble her. There has to be something that indicates that foul play didn't occur and she wasn't abducted on the day she went missing, but yet there is really no concrete evidence of this that we have proof of. There hasn't been any individual or agency stating to the media that she has been seen and talked to face to face. Anybody can call in a sighting, that really means nothing.
    YES I was wondering the same, I mentioned that in one of my last posts on the prior thread. I was at Discovery Park today (on my own, not officially searching, but with a watchful eye). It wasn't even all that busy today and I still not only saw numerous people who could've been her with changed appearance, I got the feeling people were watching me as well just in case. The friends I was with mentioned it too and didn't even know much about the case or the rumored sighting at the park, so I don't think I was being overly "why are you looking at me?!?" I can't post any official MSM links because there really aren't any but it was reported here from someone listening to a radio scanner - as such I will gladly edit/delete this if necessary.

I might look a LITTLE bit like her but not much - I mean side by side with a missing poster you'd think no way, but from a distance, potentially 'disheveled,' potentially appearance changes... it would be hard to say without talking to her directly or seeing her VERY close up. I could easily see people calling in potential sightings especially if they were being extra cautious or vigilant or whatever you want to call it.

I must say I can't blame girls/young women for running away even if they're NOT her. I was creeped out and I can only imagine I got a tiny taste of what the women who actually look more like her are experiencing.

Edited to add: "it" referenced above was the rumored sighting on the archery range, nothing today that I know of.
    Last edited by nikb; 07-08-2012 at 04:36 AM.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    So your saying there not worth much?
    You have me in a pickle here...and a picture paints a thousand words. But since I can't paint a picture...I'll try to explain myself.

The meaning of, "For what it is worth", in my post was.. "you can read the info and decide for yourself what you to choose to believe...or choose not to believe."

As for me...I take what I read on FB with "a grain of salt"...by which I mean...
    "I take it at face value, while being skeptical as to it's truth."

There you go...It is what it is. <Mod Snip>
    Last edited by imamaze; 07-08-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: not necessary

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    I must say I can't blame girls/young women for running away even if they're NOT her. I was creeped out and I can only imagine I got a tiny taste of what the women who actually look more like her are experiencing.
    Nevermind what poor LL herself would be feeling if she is in fact trying to stay away! My point was I can see how easy it'd be to have invalid calls on sightings, 'potential' sightings, and even women running when they were "seen" whether or not they were LL. I could've called in potential sightings numerous times just today based on the people I saw and I can only assume I'd have been wrong. None looked ENOUGH like her for me to call once we got closer but I saw a LOT of people who looked like her from even a fairly short distance. Do I think any WERE her, no? But could someone easily make that mistake and call it in? I would think so.

Also for what it's worth, I didn't see any of the LL missing posters out there including near the archery range. I'm sure the park tries to keep flyers off of the trees or there'd be hundreds, but I didn't see any in the bathrooms, on the bulletin boards, etc. If she really was seen there should there be some? Is someone taking them down? I didn't scour every possible poster location but I did walk through the parking lot and past several bulletin boards and didn't see anything. Like I said all I have to go on is someone here thought they heard a sighting at the park on a radio scanner so it could've easily been a call from someone who thought it was her when it wasn't.

All MOO... life experience and a little speculation based on what I've seen here and on FB only. I hope I'm not overstepping bounds or TOS here - if I am I apologize and will try to understand better.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast