763 users online (110 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Alaryn Iliff, 18 months, Saline County, 5 July 2012

Sheriff Wally George is seeking volunteers to meet at the Saline County jail by 1 a.m. to help search for a missing child.

The 18-month-old girl is believed to be somewhere along a three mile stretch of the Blackwater River in the vicinity of Route K and 130th Road, George said.

http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1868226.html

The baby was found deceased, according to the FB page. However, I haven't found an updated MSM story. R.I.P. Alaryn.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrforgtn View Post
    The baby was found deceased, according to the FB page. However, I haven't found an updated MSM story. R.I.P. Alaryn.
    Oh No, how terribly sad R.I.P Alaryn.
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    No access to the FB page, but the OP article states:

The child has been missing since Thursday, when her mother also disappeared. Search parties Saturday, July 7, failed to find the pair. The mother turned up shortly before midnight Saturday without the child, George said.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

The body of a missing 18-month-old child was found near a river bank in southern Saline County early Sunday morning, July 8, according to Sheriff Wally George.

The body was found by volunteers who responded to the sheriff's call for help, issued shortly before 12:30 p.m. Saturday, July 7.

The sheriff's department had been searching since Thursday, July 5, for the child and her mother, George said.

(snip)

http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1868226.html

MO - Missing 18-month-old toddler's body found near Blackwater River

Odd case. Worth reading the article.

Missing toddler’s body found near Missouri creek

MARSHALL, MO. -- The body of a missing 18-month-old was found early Sunday on a central Missouri river bank after her disorientated mother showed up at a stranger's house and recalled leaving the girl there.

A Saline County Sheriff's Department dispatcher said the girl's mother was flown to a Columbia hospital late Saturday suffering from severe dehydration. No charges have been filed.

Authorities had been searching for the girl's mother since her broken-down car was found abandoned in a field Thursday, a baby bag and other things left inside.
    ---
    Volunteers found the girl's body near the bank of the small Blackwater River.
    ---
    more, including a stolen pickup truck with no brakes, a stranger's house, and a helicopter search, at Kansas City Star link above
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-19-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: fixed link

So.....hm. I guess the smart money's on the unmedicated mom having left the toddler at the riverside?

What was the cause of death of the child? I'm not going to assume drowning, since her body was not found in the water. Maybe there is more information somewhere.

Sad, no matter how or why she passed, such a young little girl.

How sad....

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18974151/...ed-in-marshall

The body of a missing 18-month-old girl has been found on creek bank after her mother showed up at someone's house and said she left the girl there.

"The Saline County Sheriff's Department started the search for the toddler after the girl's mother appeared at a home disoriented. Authorities had been looking for the mother since Thursday morning after her possible involvement in a stolen pickup.

The pick-up was found abandoned in a wheat field about noon Thursday in Saline County, MO. Officers were unable to find anyone around the truck."

COD was heat and dehydration; tho waiting on tox reports.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...e/-/index.html

But what about the mom? Too many questions I still have. Sorry I am typing like Yoda.

http://www.kmmo.com/LocalNews/ILIFF-...-2-12/13884546

A MARSHALL WOMAN, RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL THURSDAY WAS MET BY SHERIFF'S DEPUTIES WITH WARRANTS FOR HER ARREST...
    32 YEAR OLD LYDIA ILIFF IS CHARGED IN A SALINE COUNTY WARRANT WITH TAMPERING WITH A MOTOR VEHICLE. THE BOND ON THAT WARRANT IS SET AT 10-THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH ONLY.
    THE OTHER WARRANT IS A PROBATION AND PAROLE WARRANT. THAT WARRANT CARRIES A BOND OF 25-THOUSAND DOLLARS..
    ILIFF HAD BEEN HOSPITALIZED AFTER SHE WAS FIRST TAKEN INTO CUSTODY ON JULY 7TH, FOLLOWING A SEARCH FOR HER AND HER 13 MONTH OLD CHILD. ILIFF HAD SHOWN UP AT A RURAL SALINE COUNTY, NAKED, AND DESCRIBED AT THE TIME AS DEHYDRATED AND DISORIENTED.
    THE CHILD THAT HAD REPORTEDLY BEEN WITH ILIFF, EARLIER, WAS NOT WITH HER WHEN SHE SHOWED UP AT THE RURAL HOME.. A SEARCH PARTY WAS ORGANIZED AND THE BODY OF THE 13 MONTH OLD WAS FOUND ALONG THE BANK OF THE BLACKWATER RIVER WHERE SHE HAD APPARENTLY SUCCUMBED TO EXPOSURE TO THE WEATHER

No charges yet, directly relating to Alaryn's death.

Angry Mum now faces murder charges for her daughter's death

MARSHALL, Mo.
    A 32-year-old Sedalia woman faces murder charges in the death of her 18-month-old child whose body was found along a central Missouri river in July.
    http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...#ixzz2ALvqcGWJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast